Jump to content


Bad matchmaking.

Mm

  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Tempest fox3 #21 Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:03 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 18566 battles
  • 14,375
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostFuRiOuSMoMo, on 14 November 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Curious, since stats are somewhat tracked, can WG take a players skill base, using their tracked stats, and incorporate that into their algorithm when match making? This may be a thing already, I have no idea but on the surface, it has the potential to even the teams a little and make it better for every player, it wont fix everything for sure and people would still find reasons to be pissed, but it cant hurt I dont think.

 

WG do have a patent for a matchmaking system that essentially gives you harder matches the more you win / easier matches the more you lose. With the intention of keeping people around a 50% win rate.

 

But they say they don't use it and honestly I would believe them. 

 

They ultimately could implement a system that incorporates a skill based algorithm into the matchmaking but they won't. They're too focused on keeping the queue times as low as possible to really want to complicate the matchmaking. 

 

Even with the current risk of the matchmaking occasionally taking a dump on a match.

 

They definitely need to do something about how the matchmaker handles platoons though.


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


Tankatar #22 Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:04 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 7656 battles
  • 1,286
  • Member since:
    03-10-2014
Yesterday I was the only tier 5 out of 30 tier 6's and 7's...Simiilar bottom tier placement happens to me most of the time during morning hours in NA with less than 4000 pop.  When I do get top tier, using tier 5 tanks, I see 4 arty frequently?  Can't figure out mm?

AutographGrain9 #23 Posted 15 November 2018 - 02:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32321 battles
  • 196
  • Member since:
    11-06-2014
No teamwork, base camping heavies, off to play fallout 76 instead

Han S0L0 DL44 #24 Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31465 battles
  • 503
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2015

View PostTempest fox3, on 13 November 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Your win rate has nothing to do with matchmaking.

 

The game is designed from the ground up to keep you at a certain winrate. If you think I need a tin foil hat then I suggest you read the Patent submitted for this game and have a good read.

 

https://patents.goog...atent/US8425330


Lego minifigures, please visit www.bricksandfigures.com

Tempest fox3 #25 Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:06 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 18566 battles
  • 14,375
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostHan S0L0 DL44, on 16 November 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

 

The game is designed from the ground up to keep you at a certain winrate. If you think I need a tin foil hat then I suggest you read the Patent submitted for this game and have a good read.

 

https://patents.goog...atent/US8425330

 

Replied to you in another thread. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


miju irl #26 Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:55 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11600 battles
  • 220
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

View Postdave mg 04, on 13 November 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

 

it kind of does when you keep getting put in teams that just disintigrate within the first 3 mins and your left facing at least 8 tanks which surround you.

i just want to be in the other team over half the time .....:trollface:

 

This x 1,000,000 . I'm finding it NEAR impossible to consistently get over 1,000 damage in games at the minute.

 

Either 2 thirds of my team is dead within 3 minutes or the red team is nearly all dead. Blow out games are horrible no matter what side your on.

 

There is NO reason for matchmaking putting 4 non platooned tier 8s on one side and fill other side with tier x and 9. That's WG and crap game development nothing else



pingwrx #27 Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:11 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20551 battles
  • 1,900
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View Postmiju irl, on 18 November 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

 

This x 1,000,000 . I'm finding it NEAR impossible to consistently get over 1,000 damage in games at the minute.

 

Either 2 thirds of my team is dead within 3 minutes or the red team is nearly all dead. Blow out games are horrible no matter what side your on.

 

There is NO reason for matchmaking putting 4 non platooned tier 8s on one side and fill other side with tier x and 9. That's WG and crap game development nothing else

Your kidding right I've been doing 1k damage in tier V games even just working on the Absolution op.



 


JatemKaa #28 Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:29 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58789 battles
  • 4,203
  • Member since:
    05-27-2014

View PostFuRiOuSMoMo, on 14 November 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

Curious, since stats are somewhat tracked, can WG take a players skill base, using their tracked stats, and incorporate that into their algorithm when match making? This may be a thing already, I have no idea but on the surface, it has the potential to even the teams a little and make it better for every player, it wont fix everything for sure and people would still find reasons to be pissed, but it cant hurt I dont think.

 

It would explain some of the crazy MM we are getting if a player's skill base was taken into account, but WG swears that doesn't happen. It could happen, but not likely.

GrampaStyle #29 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29956 battles
  • 94
  • [JUGS]
  • Member since:
    01-10-2016

View PostRELIC x, on 13 November 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

 

 As others have said, we all get the same matchmaking.  Over the long term YOUR PLAY is the sole factor in determining your win rate. 

 

I think writing notes is a great first step.  My friendly advice on what else to do, and I know you won't take it, is to play tiers 5-7 for the next 12 months.  There is nothing magical about high tier play.

It is a team game, and I am consistently put on bad teams, and I mean just horrible. I have saved hundreds, yup hundreds of screen-shots proving that I was by far the best player on my team, often by far the best player on both teams, yet still suffered miserable losses. 27 loses and 2 wins was my worst streak. Three days ago I suffered 10 consecutive losses before getting a win. I figured at that point I better quit on a winning note. 

Even a player who is complete [edited]or practically afk for 11 games would expect a better winning percentage than 1-10.

Also, there are so many people bringing this issue up on the forums, well, I am just glad to know that I am not alone when it comes to ridiculous losing streaks no matter how strong a game(s) you had personally.

Blaming the individual who brings up the issue is easy to do, and a lot of the forum post heroes resort to insulting the player with that simplistic answer. Those same people tend to be Wargaming beta testers and are easily identified by having copious amounts of Wargaming [edited]dripping off their noses. 



M4ntiX #30 Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:33 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20133 battles
  • 747
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014
This is complete and utter bee es and it blows my mind every couple of days a thread like this pops up. Players constantly trying to blame "the system" for their own shortcomings. What's the point?
Your matchmaking is exactly the same as mine, or anyone else's for that matter. So ask yourself this, what's different between you, me and other players that had their say here? My WR isn't brilliant, but I'm still learning and up to around 15k games was a complete potato. I feel like I can hold my own in games now and carry when needed, ultimately winning more. Is it because I get better teams and/or matchmaking? NO. It is because I got better at playing the game. That's really all there is to it.
You're not receiving special treatment that is designed to screw you over. Losing streaks happen, just like winning ones do. I bet thought we won't see a thread from you entitled "Fix the %%";(% matchmaking, I have won 10 times in a row." Eh. Rant over. :)

mikestb123 #31 Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:09 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10115 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    01-22-2016

I dont care if I'm bottom tier of top tier, but being in games with these MM is ridiculous

 

greens

4 tier 10

2 tier 9 (in a platoon)

9 tier 8

 

reds

7 tier 10s (3 of them in a platoon)

8 tier 8

 

SO the MM thinks having a platoon of 2 conways balances the platoon of 3 tier 10 mediums ....

 

greens:

3 tier 10

6 tier 9 

6 tier 8

 

reds

3 tier 10

9 tier 9 (2 in a platoon)

3 tier 8

 

 

If someone explaint this kind of MM that would be appreciated, this happened just now, on the EU server with just short of 5k players online



Tempest fox3 #32 Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:43 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 18566 battles
  • 14,375
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostGrampaStyle, on 20 November 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

It is a team game, and I am consistently put on bad teams, and I mean just horrible. I have saved hundreds, yup hundreds of screen-shots proving that I was by far the best player on my team, often by far the best player on both teams, yet still suffered miserable losses. 27 loses and 2 wins was my worst streak. Three days ago I suffered 10 consecutive losses before getting a win. I figured at that point I better quit on a winning note. 

Even a player who is complete [edited]or practically afk for 11 games would expect a better winning percentage than 1-10.

Also, there are so many people bringing this issue up on the forums, well, I am just glad to know that I am not alone when it comes to ridiculous losing streaks no matter how strong a game(s) you had personally.

Blaming the individual who brings up the issue is easy to do, and a lot of the forum post heroes resort to insulting the player with that simplistic answer. Those same people tend to be Wargaming beta testers and are easily identified by having copious amounts of Wargaming [edited]dripping off their noses. 

 

Everyone is subjected to the same matchmaking. Funny how some do well and others don't, it's almost as if player skill makes a difference in whether you win or lose. 

 

But clearly the system is the problem /s.


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


pingwrx #33 Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20551 battles
  • 1,900
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View PostTempest fox3, on 20 November 2018 - 05:43 AM, said:

 

Everyone is subjected to the same matchmaking. Funny how some do well and others don't, it's almost as if player skill makes a difference in whether you win or lose. 

 

But clearly the system is the problem /s.

 

It's funny how some people will not accept that they are the problem or reason for poor performances but always looking to blame it on bad mm or incompetent teammates.


 


ALF EXTREME #34 Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:40 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 44219 battles
  • 556
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostTempest fox3, on 20 November 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

 

Everyone is subjected to the same matchmaking. Funny how some do well and others don't, it's almost as if player skill makes a difference in whether you win or lose. 

 

But clearly the system is the problem /s.

explain this match 

https://xboxdvr.com/...enshot/10876682

me and my platoon mate only 2 tier 8's in the entire match.


I AM KING

and i declare death to all artillery, who will follow me on this righteous quest for freedom


The Big G BO #35 Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:25 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 80695 battles
  • 452
  • Member since:
    02-24-2014
 I agree about platoon MM is, to say the least, interesting. I just do my best with all of it and man up! I like winning these games against bad odds. You can pull a rabbit out of your hat more than you think. Nevertheless, I understand your frustrations. I just take the tank that I picked and try to contribute the best I can. If I'm low tier, I wait for the battle to develop and find tanks that I can help with etc..

GrampaStyle #36 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:04 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29956 battles
  • 94
  • [JUGS]
  • Member since:
    01-10-2016

View PostTempest fox3, on 20 November 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

 

Everyone is subjected to the same matchmaking. Funny how some do well and others don't, it's almost as if player skill makes a difference in whether you win or lose. 

 

But clearly the system is the problem /s.

Not sure from your response if you actually read my post. I can provide screen-shots, as I stated hundreds of them, proving I was clearly the best player on my team and often in the entire lobby. Also, I have videos of aggressive, high skill gameplay that an unskilled player just couldn't hope to pull off, and I have lots more of those that I have to get busy on and post . Not bragging, just offering proof to back up what I am saying. 

As well, I have plenty of earned premium tanks in my garage. Earned through xp and top 5 finishes regardless of whether you win or lose. However, those ops and reward tanks that are based on outright wins, forget it. For instance, the current "The Long Haul" op, I have no hope in hell of completing those. 

Therefore, how is it that I consistently complete a reward op based on xp and top 5 finishes, yet do not have any hope of finishing a reward involving wins within the time frame given? 

If you restate that it is due to me (and others herein) being a bad player, then it again indicates that you are a simplistic person resorting to a simplistic answer and incapable of backing up your comments. 

If you resort to stat shaming, my videos can prove that this tact is also debatable. Since I can show plenty of evidence that statistics are not necessarily indicators of good players. Unless you call: base camping, running away from the enemy, refusing to help a teammate who is getting overwhelmed, following the Lemming train and forsaking an entire side of the map, etc., indicators of skill.

Those who have never been in a [edited]fight in their lives might think so, but I have another word for it. It starts with "P" and ends in "Y" and you and others like you on this forum are most definitely [edited]. 



BigZoomBear #37 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 46413 battles
  • 240
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

Has it changed today?

 

2 battles at t5 with 5 t5 on one team and 10!!! on the other (no weighted tanks such as PzV/IV, Hydro or Chi Nu Kai. Both teams had 2 patoons.



BigZoomBear #38 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 46413 battles
  • 240
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View PostALF EXTREME, on 20 November 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

explain this match 

https://xboxdvr.com/...enshot/10876682

me and my platoon mate only 2 tier 8's in the entire match.

 

Agreed. It feels different today. Actually, it's felt different since 4.7, I think.

SlickTrick5150 #39 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5583 battles
  • 10
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2015
I feel you pain, just lost 12 in a row...... crazy.... not just losses, complete blowouts 





Also tagged with Mm

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users