AFK

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Tankatar #41 Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8305 battles

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 15 November 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

Force effort?   Nah.  You won't increase effort.  You put up a wall that will stop afkers  from benefiting sure but it also can stop the bad players and the unlucky from benefiting as well.  

:D. I guess bad players are good for the game..I'm border line bad myself, but never intentionally afked.  I forgot about the new generation and their avoidance of effort:popcorn:

Corporal Upham #42 Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26789 battles

AFKers are out of control. It's so frustrating to have a close game slip from your grasp and see there's a top tier heavy AFK in the spawn.

I'm also seeing people AFK for most of the match then start reacting when the reds come into the green spawn and start shooting them.

Lines ground to tier 10: E5, E4, E3, T57, XM551, T92, E50M, BC25t, T-100 LT, T-62, 140, IS7, 183, CAX

TetsuoChou #43 Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:52 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18950 battles

View PostCorporal Upham, on 16 November 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

AFKers are out of control. It's so frustrating to have a close game slip from your grasp and see there's a top tier heavy AFK in the spawn.

Indeed, don't forget to couple this scenario with artillery x2 and a platoon of three lights that die in the first 30 seconds of the game and you're half a team down...over the last week I've lost count of the number of games this has happened and it's been a lot.

On another issue pick your best tier 6 tank with crew and play it for a day...pay particular attention to the tier 8 games you end up in...you will notice every game all the 8's evaporate in under 5 minutes, the game will be a loss, you will out perform them and end up top of the leader board.

x MeanWillie x #44 Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:27 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25681 battles
  • [RGA]

If WG would change the MM from +2/-2 to +1/-1. That will cut down on the AFK and probably attract a lot new players to the game. It will definitely get me to stop being a AFK when I am handicapped playing bottom tier frequently. 

WG should get the message that the MM needs to be fixed. People are AFKing because they are playing bottom tier far to often. I hear others complaining about it on a daily basis. 

Like myself I AFK for that reason. I am just refusing a crap service that WG wants to provide.  I'll start another game in a different tank. 

Plus if you AFK in a T1 Heaving because you were placed in Tier 7 game. Your stats in that T1 will go down. The next game you play in that T1. You will be Top Tier or Middle Tier. I know I do this. I also play War Thunder and MM is much better.  

Arty is not OP. Just get Gud! or Just seek legal action if you are that butthurt over it! Hate mail welcomed, read and laughed at. :) Don't blame Arty that you are not skilled enough to avoid the death from above. 

JatemKaa #45 Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostIBROX 04, on 14 November 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

Probably players laughing at the new Merc tanks in game?

Could very well be. Laughed so hard they dropped the controller, the battery pack opened and threw each battery 10 ft in opposite directions, and under whatever convenient furniture was nearby. Easily take quite a while to get back up and running. Once they stop laughing first....

JatemKaa #46 Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View Postr4zorb4ckd4ve, on 14 November 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

It's because they log in to play some tanks only to remember that when everyone lemmings that this game turns to shut.  Then they do like I do and go play something not so dependent on such sad teammates.   Player base is truly horrible.  Don't no how it continues to get worse

Easy to understand how things keep getting worse and worse. 2 Reasons: Bad behavior is not punished first - and when it is it is too light. Good behavior and teammanship is also not rewarded. Combine the two and you get what we have today.

JatemKaa #47 Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View Posteclairdelanuit06, on 15 November 2018 - 12:38 AM, said:

AFK can help you because they detect ennemies and when they shoot him, they are less careful. Snipe far and use it as a bait.

They also work well as extra armor as well - find a AFK heavy and camp behind it.

grayman2908 #48 Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:32 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13854 battles
  • [7UP]

View Postx MeanWillie x, on 17 November 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

If WG would change the MM from +2/-2 to +1/-1. That will cut down on the AFK and probably attract a lot new players to the game. It will definitely get me to stop being a AFK when I am handicapped playing bottom tier frequently. 

WG should get the message that the MM needs to be fixed. People are AFKing because they are playing bottom tier far to often. I hear others complaining about it on a daily basis. 

Like myself I AFK for that reason. I am just refusing a crap service that WG wants to provide.  I'll start another game in a different tank. 

Plus if you AFK in a T1 Heaving because you were placed in Tier 7 game. Your stats in that T1 will go down. The next game you play in that T1. You will be Top Tier or Middle Tier. I know I do this. I also play War Thunder and MM is much better.  

Just stay on war thunder then cos your just adding to the numbers of people f in the games up

x MeanWillie x #49 Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25681 battles
  • [RGA]

View PostTopsmuggler65, on 17 November 2018 - 03:32 AM, said:

Just stay on war thunder then cos your just adding to the numbers of people f in the games up

No matter what you think or say, I am going to continue to play WoT. I will continue to AFK when I am not satisfied with the service that WG is providing. I play WoT for my enjoyment not yours. If I get in game and majority of the Tanks are two tiers above me. I will AFK with out any guilt or remorse. You are going ave to deal with it or get a attorney if you are that butt hurt over it. 
 Arty is not OP. Just get Gud! or Just seek legal action if you are that butthurt over it! Hate mail welcomed, read and laughed at. :) Don't blame Arty that you are not skilled enough to avoid the death from above. 

grayman2908 #50 Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13854 battles
  • [7UP]

View Postx MeanWillie x, on 17 November 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

No matter what you think or say, I am going to continue to play WoT. I will continue to AFK when I am not satisfied with the service that WG is providing. I play WoT for my enjoyment not yours. If I get in game and majority of the Tanks are two tiers above me. I will AFK with out any guilt or remorse. You are going ave to deal with it or get a attorney if you are that butt hurt over it. 

Oh well, my mistake i thought it was an enjoyable team game

Jope2209 #51 Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31984 battles

View Postx MeanWillie x, on 17 November 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

Your way of dealing with bad service (like you put it) has a consequence of ruining a game for 14 of your teammates. I would understand someone is doing this in some PvE mode to get a more favorable teammix, but while we still have only alive people trying to have a good game your way is not helping at all to make the game better.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

x MeanWillie x #52 Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25681 battles
  • [RGA]

View PostJope2209, on 17 November 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

Your way of dealing with bad service (like you put it) has a consequence of ruining a game for 14 of your teammates. I would understand someone is doing this in some PvE mode to get a more favorable teammix, but while we still have only alive people trying to have a good game your way is not helping at all to make the game better.

I am not worried about 14 other team members. I am not playing this game for their entertainment but mine. Being cannon fodder for players 2 tiers above the tank I am playing. Is not enjoyment and considered a bad service on WG part. As I would do with bad cell phone service I drop the service. In this case I quit the game and start another where the MM is better and the game is more fair and competitive. I am not the only one doing this more and more tankers are doing this. So deal with it. Besides by dropping out of the game, lowers the stats on said Tank. The next game that said Tank is in more of a fair game that it can be competitive in. 

Jope2209 #53 Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31984 battles

View Postx MeanWillie x, on 17 November 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

I am not worried about 14 other team members. I am not playing this game for their entertainment but mine. Being cannon fodder for players 2 tiers above the tank I am playing. Is not enjoyment and considered a bad service on WG part. As I would do with bad cell phone service I drop the service. In this case I quit the game and start another where the MM is better and the game is more fair and competitive. I am not the only one doing this more and more tankers are doing this. So deal with it. Besides by dropping out of the game, lowers the stats on said Tank. The next game that said Tank is in more of a fair game that it can be competitive in. 

You're not solving anything, you're part of the problem. Next game you will get to play top tier, but someone like you is gonna be bottom tier on your team. So, he will quit and afk, hence ruining your entertainment. You're not making anything better by doing that.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

grayman2908 #54 Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13854 battles
  • [7UP]

View PostCorporal Upham, on 16 November 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

I'm also seeing people AFK for most of the match then start reacting when the reds come into the green spawn and start shooting them.

had this last night when most of the team are dead and they start firing. All too late of course and i had shite day of tanks, mainly bottom tier but great buzz killing tanks 2 tiers higher. 

eclairdelanuit06 #55 Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:19 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26919 battles

View PostJatemKaa, on 17 November 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

They also work well as extra armor as well - find a AFK heavy and camp behind it.

yes  totally agree, AFK is not so bad, players must find advantage to that and like you say it can helps you with different ways

There is so much players that do bad things in game and they are not AFK.

The most important is that AFK don't earn XP so  no interest to do that. And sometimes it is a lost internet connection.

Youtube

eclairdelanuit06 #56 Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:25 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26919 battles

This game is about strategy, just 4,5,6 guys that knows their tanks and you can uspet many games.

Bottom tiers, stock tank... is not a trouble if you know how to play. It is more interesting and fun to have challenge.

Just bad players complains that is all.

And they are also so many great players with good attitude.

Youtube

x MeanWillie x #57 Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25681 battles
  • [RGA]

View PostJope2209, on 17 November 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

You're not solving anything, you're part of the problem. Next game you will get to play top tier, but someone like you is gonna be bottom tier on your team. So, he will quit and afk, hence ruining your entertainment. You're not making anything better by doing that.

By AFKing I am solving the issue on the next game or two by lowering its stats. That 1 tank will be placed on a more level playing field until I have to AFK in it again. Yes, there are still benefits by AFKing in tanks. That is if the person is not a stat padder, 

If I am top tier and someone AFK because they are bottom tier. It doesn't bother me at all. I understand their position that MM is flawed and WG is beating around the bush to fix it. It does not take much skill to Seal Club tanks that are two tiers below oneself. 

Lets go back a few months when WG went from 3 servers down two servers claiming this would solve the MM. Which was a false statement. Reducing the number of servers was not to improve MM. It was a cost cutting measure to remain profitable.  

Edited by x MeanWillie x, 18 November 2018 - 06:22 PM.

x MeanWillie x #58 Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:28 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25681 battles
  • [RGA]

View PostCorporal Upham, on 16 November 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

If AFker start reacting when the Reds enter the spawn area. They are not AFKers but campers. AFKers actually leave the game. 

CatSnipah #59 Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26026 battles
  • [BNKR]

Played 17 games of [edited]last night. 

SIX had 1 AFKer, THREE had multiple AFKers. Helped my team ONCE, the others were all on my team. All of the ones where they were on my team but one were losses. That one game I went HAM and got a little luck going 1 on 3. 

SlTZKRlEG #60 Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:25 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 53926 battles

View PostCatSnipah, on 18 November 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Played 17 games of [edited]last night. 

SIX had 1 AFKer, THREE had multiple AFKers. Helped my team ONCE, the others were all on my team. All of the ones where they were on my team but one were losses. That one game I went HAM and got a little luck going 1 on 3. 

Don't forget to add in the guys who suicide scout in all classes of tanks as well since they're about as helpful.  With the op for free gold just for winning, it "pays" for them to just suicide in 6-7 tanks in the time it takes to properly play one game even with a dismal 40% win rate.

Also tagged with AFK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users