AFK

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

JatemKaa #61 Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View Posteclairdelanuit06, on 18 November 2018 - 04:19 AM, said:

yes  totally agree, AFK is not so bad, players must find advantage to that and like you say it can helps you with different ways

There is so much players that do bad things in game and they are not AFK.

The most important is that AFK don't earn XP so  no interest to do that. And sometimes it is a lost internet connection.

Wait, you do realize that any AFK heavy is going to be at the spawn - in effect using an AFK for armor is camping....

JatemKaa #62 Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View Postx MeanWillie x, on 17 November 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

No matter what you think or say, I am going to continue to play WoT. I will continue to AFK when I am not satisfied with the service that WG is providing. I play WoT for my enjoyment not yours. If I get in game and majority of the Tanks are two tiers above me. I will AFK with out any guilt or remorse. You are going ave to deal with it or get a attorney if you are that butt hurt over it. 

Likewise. For the first four years of playing the game, I didn't play like this. But it has come to this now. For four years I NEVER suicided deliberately. Now, when I get matchmaking that gives the reds four more top tier and balances it by giving the greens three more bottom tiers two tiers lower, yeah I suicide. If the map doesn't allow suicides, then afk. When WG fixes the matchmaking, I'll more than likely go back to normal play. But until then, it is what it is. 

Have to disagree with you above on one point - I will play the game bottom tier if both teams are equal, at least in tier. I even play when the game gives the reds one more top tier than the greens. Any more, no.

And while I used to care what my fellow players thought, no more. As bad as MM has been lately, I have even given up on stats. I no longer care what people think when I snipe in my heavy, or follow the lemming train, or suicide. I am not playing this game for others benefit so they can get better stats. So if the tier tens don't lead the charge, then don't expect the tier eights to win it for you. As it stands right now, I even quit some matches knowing full well I will lose silver - since I currently have 105 million silver you can expect a lot of it.

JatemKaa #63 Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostJope2209, on 17 November 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

Your way of dealing with bad service (like you put it) has a consequence of ruining a game for 14 of your teammates. I would understand someone is doing this in some PvE mode to get a more favorable teammix, but while we still have only alive people trying to have a good game your way is not helping at all to make the game better.

Been through countless games now where those same 14 teammates have ruined the game for me, so turnabout is fair play. It is not my responsibility to make the game better, that falls to WG. And you seem to conveniently forget that same bad matchmaking is just as bad for those 14 teammates as it is for me. 

JatemKaa #64 Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostJope2209, on 17 November 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

You're not solving anything, you're part of the problem. Next game you will get to play top tier, but someone like you is gonna be bottom tier on your team. So, he will quit and afk, hence ruining your entertainment. You're not making anything better by doing that.

Again. it is not my responsibility to solve this problem, that falls on WG. Next game you get will be top tier? Seriously - try top tier once every four or five games. And as far as that player who is bottom tier when I am top - if MM is as bad as it has been lately, I would not blame them for suiciding. I expect no less now. And they have yet failed to prove me wrong - look at all the zeros when you are top tier and your team loses. They are doing exactly that already.

Jope2209 #65 Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32711 battles

View PostJatemKaa, on 19 November 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

Again. it is not my responsibility to solve this problem, that falls on WG. Next game you get will be top tier? Seriously - try top tier once every four or five games. And as far as that player who is bottom tier when I am top - if MM is as bad as it has been lately, I would not blame them for suiciding. I expect no less now. And they have yet failed to prove me wrong - look at all the zeros when you are top tier and your team loses. They are doing exactly that already.

Sure, it's WG game so they have to do the maintenance. While I can agree with you up to certain measure that MM is not functioning as it should, suicide is not an answer, same as in real life. The game is FTP, no one has to play it but we all do. While I'm playing the game of my choice, in game of this format (PvP, team vs team) my entertainment level also depends on my team mates. If I kill my self every time I don't find myself on the top tier, and if what you said is true about top tier being every 4th or 5th game, then I would do a lot of suiciding and very little playing. We're on the same boat here, only I'm saying that afk and suicide denies you teammates with equal chance for success even before the start.

If it's really like that, taking a dive is the worst thing to do. At least take a yolo charge to red spawn, lit 'em up, try to hit someone and you might even get some assisted dmg while doing it. You will also end up dead, but at least reds will be distracted for a moment and you are actualy helping your team by doing it.

I don't think I'm entitled to be top tier every single game. Game has more than enough tanks with PMM even ultra PMM and can see only its own tier guaranteed, so they're top tier 100% of time. Take Valentine and B2 for example or whole tier X, which is almost 50 tanks. Also whole tier IX has PMM and you will hardly find yourself in impossible matchmaking.

Everyone has it's own idea of a good time, I don't think your way is good for the game, no matter what WG would do with it. Even the most balanced game would be trash if someone would afk or suicide when not satisfied with the MM. My advice to you would be: Don't suicide, just yolo.:teethhappy:

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

RadiantPup27709 #66 Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27577 battles

View PostJope2209, on 19 November 2018 - 05:20 AM, said:

My advice to you would be: Don't suicide, just yolo.:teethhappy:

Not much of a difference there...

Jope2209 #67 Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32711 battles

View PostRadiantPup27709, on 19 November 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

Not much of a difference there...

I wasn't being serious.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

grayman2908 #68 Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14166 battles
  • [7UP]
I know everybody has the right to play how they want, but i think its such a shame people chucking the towl in over mm and really had no clue its so rife and planned. The clock ticks down and i drive the bloody thing and wg if its poss do something to please us all.

Tankatar #69 Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 8305 battles

View PostTopsmuggler65, on 19 November 2018 - 06:10 AM, said:

I know everybody has the right to play how they want, but i think its such a shame people chucking the towl in over mm and really had no clue its so rife and planned. The clock ticks down and i drive the bloody thing and wg if its poss do something to please us all.

It might just be Fake News and they only want the free gold from the Long Haul Op and afking is their real reason, just sayin:B

grayman2908 #70 Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:26 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14166 battles
  • [7UP]

View PostTankatar, on 19 November 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

It might just be Fake News and they only want the free gold from the Long Haul Op and afking is their real reason, just sayin:B

lol

groovingreg #71 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:39 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20530 battles
i had something much worse yesterday.  my yt has a vid entitled "wot troll and scrublord edition".  i have no idea what the 1st guys problem is/was.  how ever he gave up as soon as he realised he going to be my meat shield!  the second guy literally worse than a troll as he had zero idea where or what he was doing and zero idea of what what was around him!   at least afk'ers stay out of eveyone elses way!

Edited by groovingreg, 20 November 2018 - 09:40 AM.

Also tagged with AFK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users