Type4/5 Heavy

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Isouimorte #1 Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:37 PM

Private

• Players
  • 12449 battles
  • [CLOUD]
After the latest swinging of the nerf bat, I am of the opinion that WG does not want these tanks to be used at all. The 15 cm heat pen nerf without touching the E100 heat pen with no reason, and the traverse nerf is another nail in the coffin for this unique line. Yes having auto damage from he is all good but not if it's piecemeal because the other ammo selection is now non competitive against similar to same sized guns. The 14cm premium ap round now gas more pen than the 15cm premium heat. At this point the decisions to make are to either remove the nerfs given, remove the heat round altogether and replace with the premium he round from PC, or just remove that gun altogether from the tree, and reimburse for it's exp cost to free exp and silver cost with refund of premium rounds purchased. If anyone reads this please give your thoughts on these tanks and their purpose.

Jope2209 #2 Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34654 battles

View PostIsouimorte, on 15 November 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

After the latest swinging of the nerf bat, I am of the opinion that WG does not want these tanks to be used at all. The 15 cm heat pen nerf without touching the E100 heat pen with no reason, and the traverse nerf is another nail in the coffin for this unique line. Yes having auto damage from he is all good but not if it's piecemeal because the other ammo selection is now non competitive against similar to same sized guns. The 14cm premium ap round now gas more pen than the 15cm premium heat. At this point the decisions to make are to either remove the nerfs given, remove the heat round altogether and replace with the premium he round from PC, or just remove that gun altogether from the tree, and reimburse for it's exp cost to free exp and silver cost with refund of premium rounds purchased. If anyone reads this please give your thoughts on these tanks and their purpose.

I think they unnerfed pen on HE round iirc. I know that you meant HEAT nerf, but at least they tried to fix something. I agree that some tanks are ruined and unplayable after 4.6 nerf.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

MegaHesh #3 Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23353 battles

Type 5 now has two uncompetitive guns, one stock with low pen on both ammo types, and the derp one with even more useless premium ammo. Someone may say that its derp HE is unique, but it is not, E100, Ob. 907A, E4(even 8 tier O-Ho) have comparable HE and way more capable premium ammo.

This is a "troll nerf" of course, total disrespect directly from the main wotc manager imo.

WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

StillLifeSkull #4 Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:43 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23488 battles
The problem is not the Japanese guns, it is the other tanks being given too much armor. Everything bounces off some tanks.

Cespenar043 #5 Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:12 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15571 battles

Nope, the problem IS the gun. It kinda worked before the nerf. Now it has the same pen with prammo as every other tier X has with normal ammo. Dont even mention HE.

This tank has always been a nightmare, with the gun as only thing speaking for it. Now with the nerf, and everyone little light Tank penetrating your armor with prammo, and all the other issues the Type 4/5 always had, it is unplayable. Definitely NO FUN.

Morgotha #6 Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:13 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 39942 battles
I recently picked up the type 5 having done well wit the type 4 without the huge derp gun however upon buying the type 5 I equipped the big gun and have found it to be pretty awful,regular it does between 280 and 350 damage.near on twenty seconds for that damage is a joke..tank is now gathering dust,the object 705a and 277 far superior

Sledge1Swede #7 Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:49 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 52749 battles
  • [CH4OS]

One of the reason i stopped this line and that is also ruining my chance to have all tierX Tanks

Thanks WG for being so unfair and keep the bias wherever you like.

Chinesmtank destroyer line

Japan Heavy line

Unplayable and a waste of time and money.

I feel sorry for the guys that played these tank and went for the massive grinds but all in all WG hits everything cause some people? Is wiining about it and sorry to say WG listens to the players insteed of keeping the tankstats as the obvious choose.

I did not see anything more then Paingod referd it as a medium tank so rest assure they know everything there is to know about there own game.lol

KimberlyAnn88 #8 Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8383 battles

Well, why, it's playable. But much, much harder than before. 

High tier lights were supposed to break superheavy meta, and they did it. Still can't see a single reason to nerf the good HEAT alternative to premium HE on PC - at least HEAT should be aimed properly, it has no normalisation, it disappears in spaced armor and tracks with no damage - it actually required some knowledge of what to do. PC prammo is the main reason why this tank is nicknamed "Alcotank" there - you don't need much skill to play on pc-style HE prammo, which deals up to ~700 damage per hit without even proper aiming (roughly the same damage as E100 or console Type 4/5 HEAT). We had a nerfed version a priori. 

But still I can't say that playing overnerfed Type 5 is disappointing, it just requires different approach along with more concetration. Truly "Alcohol-free tank".

HEAT--54 #9 Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:04 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12043 battles
They had to nerf it.  It hit way to hard for a medium tank.  

Hopefully now people won’t just be able to run-n-gun across the map with impunity.

steelheadclan #10 Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15580 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostHEAT--54, on 26 November 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

They had to nerf it. It hit way to hard for a medium tank.

Hopefully now people won’t just be able to run-n-gun across the map with impunity.

lol. 

ThAtGuY299 #11 Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:06 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7465 battles
  • [-NBD-]
I regret choosing the Type 5 as my first tier 10. It is a massive let down. The thing is does well is being a massive distraction for your teammates.

Haukkis #12 Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34540 battles

View PostThAtGuY299, on 28 November 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

I regret choosing the Type 5 as my first tier 10. It is a massive let down. The thing is does well is being a massive distraction for your teammates.

Auts... bad choice for first tier X tank :( If WG would buff 140mm gun's premiumround pen up to 310mm and increase it's rate of fire little bit 140mm gun would actually be prettt good choice. Now Type 5 Heavy has two bad guns.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users