T26E4 "Super Pershing"

A quick list of pros! Some cons to throw around!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Radica1Cat #1 Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9793 battles

So I bought this majestic tank of beautiful awesomeness and have come across extraordinary games where making a simple hundred thousand silver is beginning to be a game of chump change. Let's go over the basics for those looking into it! Note: The version of the Super Pershing in WoT:X360e is currently the pre-nerf version.

The Pros:

The Super Pershing has an exceptional frontal turret with some outstanding gun depression. It may only be a ninety (90) millimetre cannon, but its moderate rate of fire has some very useful penetration (only ten less that of the average penetration of a fully upgraded Pershing) with some quick damage to boot! It's gun depression with the addition of it's turret armour make it a very lethal hull down tank that can confidently hold off a flank provided the right terrain is in place! With the extent of the turret armour, a slight angle to the frontal hull can be equally as effective on a flatland environment. Of course, higher tier tanks with greater penetration can prove more challenging to fight against, they can still have difficulties when the turret armour is used effectively!

The Cons:

With the additional armour plating in comparison to the M26 Pershing on its frontal turret region, the tank has a substantial speed decrease making it feel more like a heavy tank. However, you must also consider the armour you're bearing all-around, you're a Tier VIII Medium after all so sitting there with a flat face to an opponent could really hurt a lot. Additionally, the armour around that frontal plate is fairly weak so try to avoid letting shots fly in to penetrate the small areas around that plate armour!

Its play style when played with style:

So in my fair few games of playing this monstrous beauty, I've found a few key factors of how to play it:

• Distance
  • Hull down
  • Supportive

From a distance, this tank's accuracy isn't some supreme auto-penetrate every time, do consider your average penetration. However, it has some great accuracy with that 100% Crew addition making it a worthwhile sniper when needed as a more reserved tank to take shots. This doesn't mean sit back in snipe, your turret can definitely munch on a fair few shells itself but a medium to short range firefight can definitely throw some spotlight on this tank.

With the turret's spaced armour, it really makes it a pain to penetrate, thus making it a crucial play style to learn and work around with. It's gun depression makes this method absolute perfection because most scenarios you can keep your flimsy little hull hidden behind the hill/wall of your choosing!

When I say supportive, I don't mean sniping from a distance. Supporting roles range from stepping in to help an ally stuck between a rock and a hard place to playing that sniper across the map who can try and pick off targets while eating shells from the enemy team. This doesn't mean get penetrated, your health isn't as phenomenal as the Panzer V/IV for its Tier but instead, try to have any close range opponents be forced to shoot it! Side-scraping? Then ensure you have a proper angle, come in and back up your team with a nice, large metal plate to the enemy barrel. Face hugging can be another way to be a distraction, just watch out for the areas of turret armour that isn't covered by that giant metal plate!

I personally stick with a standard selection of Equipment (my personal pre-set list):

• Optics
  • Rammer
  • Vents
  • However, I'd also recommend the gun laying drive!

To all of you, I apologise for the short list so far but I hope those who come along and add their thoughts and analysis! I haven't played it too thoroughly, but this is all I have for now and there is definitely more to come! I still have to actually look into the tank's stats a little more to provide more accurate views on what one should play it like, but for now have fun tanking and see you on the battlefield!

Edited by Radica1Cat, 01 March 2014 - 11:13 PM.

Stang is a dirty girl.

JacKTh4RiPPa #2 Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13096 battles
  • [IMTLZ]
Totally agree with you, i have both new Premiums and love them both, but the T26E4 is just something else, what are your thoughts equipment, i have coated optics and the rammer that is already in, not sure whether gun laying drive or vertical stabilizers.

Nocturnal814 #3 Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16690 battles
S Pershing platoon in the works?I should have mine in a few hours:-)

something, something, something, dark side...

M4RV 71 #4 Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 6442 battles

Yet to try mine out but I have put a GLD and vents in it as well as the rammer included with it

I am hoping that this is the same as the pre 8.8 PC version I have heard about

JacKTh4RiPPa #5 Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13096 battles
  • [IMTLZ]
just got the ace tanker and made 134k profit.. love this tank. let me know if you wanna platoon up in them cat m8, or anyone else

Radica1Cat #6 Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9793 battles

Its play style when played with style:

So in my fair few games of playing this monstrous beauty, I've found a few key factors of how to play it:

• Distance
  • Hull down
  • Supportive

From a distance, this tank's accuracy isn't some supreme auto-penetrate every time, do consider your average penetration. However, it has some great accuracy with that 100% Crew addition making it a worthwhile sniper when needed as a more reserved tank to take shots. This doesn't mean sit back in snipe, your turret can definitely munch on a fair few shells itself but a medium to short range firefight can definitely throw some spotlight on this tank.

With the turret's spaced armour, it really makes it a pain to penetrate, thus making it a crucial play style to learn and work around with. It's gun depression makes this method absolute perfection because most scenarios you can keep your flimsy little hull hidden behind the hill/wall of your choosing!

When I say supportive, I don't mean sniping from a distance. Supporting roles range from stepping in to help an ally stuck between a rock and a hard place to playing that sniper across the map who can try and pick off targets while eating shells from the enemy team. This doesn't mean get penetrated, your health isn't as phenomenal as the Panzer V/IV for its Tier but instead, try to have any close range opponents be forced to shoot it! Side-scraping? Then ensure you have a proper angle, come in and back up your team with a nice, large metal plate to the enemy barrel. Face hugging can be another way to be a distraction, just watch out for the areas of turret armour that isn't covered by that giant metal plate!

Stang is a dirty girl.

Radica1Cat #7 Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9793 battles

View PostJacKTh4RiPPa, on 01 March 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Totally agree with you, i have both new Premiums and love them both, but the T26E4 is just something else, what are your thoughts equipment, i have coated optics and the rammer that is already in, not sure whether gun laying drive or vertical stabilizers.

I personally stick with a standard selection of Equipment:

Optics

Rammer

Vents

However, I'd also recommend the gun laying drive!

Stang is a dirty girl.

Radica1Cat #8 Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9793 battles

View PostNocturnal814, on 01 March 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

S Pershing platoon in the works?I should have mine in a few hours:-)

Tur8o bought one, I bought one and I think SoCal is considering it! It's 8,800 gold and I'm overly satisfied.

View PostM4RV 71, on 01 March 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Yet to try mine out but I have put a GLD and vents in it as well as the rammer included with it.

I am hoping that this is the same as the pre 8.8 PC version I have heard about

It's per-nerf, everything you could have ever desired.

View PostJacKTh4RiPPa, on 01 March 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

just got the ace tanker and made 134k profit.. love this tank. let me know if you wanna platoon up in them cat m8, or anyone else

I had 158k silver on a loss earlier after firing off twenty premium rounds for the life of me... xD It's a phenomenal tank that I'd recommend to anyone who is willing to spend a bit of money. I'm playing it more of a hilarious past-time, but assuming I'm brought into some Super Pershing Platoons later, I'll send a message your way!

Stang is a dirty girl.

EireUndeadApple #9 Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9339 battles
i liked it on the pc version before it got nerfed into complete uselessness. sounds like they  have put the un-nerfed SP into this version, which means ill have to get one, WG you may as well just take my wallet and all of its contents lol.

Radica1Cat #10 Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9793 battles

View PostEireUndeadApple, on 01 March 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

i liked it on the pc version before it got nerfed into complete uselessness. sounds like they  have put the un-nerfed SP into this version, which means ill have to get one, WG you may as well just take my wallet and all of its contents lol.

I'll make note of that in the official post! :p

Stang is a dirty girl.

M4RV 71 #11 Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 6442 battles

Lovely m8, I know its pre nerf now. Second game with it on Sand River assault playing as defenders. So many bounces off my front and came out top of my team with the ace tanker badge. I know I am going to love playing this thing, this and the JT 88 have been great purchases for me so far

Couple of pics of that battle, I know the scores arn't great but I am still getting to grips with it as I am more used to german TD's

Radica1Cat #12 Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9793 battles

View PostM4RV 71, on 01 March 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

Lovely m8, I know its pre nerf now. Second game with it on Sand River assault playing as defenders. So many bounces off my front and came out top of my team with the ace tanker badge. I know I am going to love playing this thing, this and the JT 88 have been great purchases for me so far

Couple of pics of that battle, I know the scores arn't great but I am still getting to grips with it as I am more used to german TD's

Awesome game you had there! They're two outstanding tanks when used to their strengths and can really turn a game around if permitted. Of course, some force against them can hold them off a little but they're phenomenal when they take power to themselves.

Stang is a dirty girl.

Kaboost #13 Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15083 battles
  • [JOCO]

I have 13,250 gold would you guys recommend the Super Pershing and converting XP, the JT 88 and converting XP or just converting 300,00 XP?

I don't have any German TD's but have played them before. I have already started going down the American medium line.

Lights tanks need rebalanced(again)

​Update 4.2 and 4.6 were terrible

Ignitable Duk #14 Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7706 battles

get a one and buy premium.

Radica1Cat #15 Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9793 battles

View PostKaboost, on 01 March 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

I have 13,250 gold would you guys recommend the Super Pershing and converting XP, the JT 88 and converting XP or just converting 300,00 XP?

I don't have any German TD's but have played them before. I have already started going down the American medium line.

I've enjoyed my Super Pershing quite a bit, but I can't give an honest opinion on the JgTig88. However, it does get the JagdTiger's natural hull armour with the 88 that's apparently deadlier than anything. It's really what your focus is!

Stang is a dirty girl.

M4RV 71 #16 Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 6442 battles

View PostKaboost, on 01 March 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

If you like playing TD's I would defianately recommend the Jagdtiger 88. Phenomenal fire rate with a rammer and vents on, has a 4.5 second reload time. I love German TD's and I loved the Tier 9 Jt in the beta and I almost have her back again.

the JT 88's gun has excellent accuracy and aim time as well, second game with her I was top of my team with a win and 129k silver profit.

If you like playing mediums then go for the super Pershing 

And another very important thing as well is that both the JT 88 and the super Pershing have preferential match making and will only be in games with Tier 9 being the highest tier in them

The Raider777 #17 Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20115 battles

So, on the PC, what did they nerf about it and why?

Radica1Cat #18 Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9793 battles

View PostThe Raider777, on 01 March 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

So, on the PC, what did they nerf about it and why?

I've been informed that it's easier to penetrate on the PC in comparison to what we have now on the X360!

Stang is a dirty girl.

Kaboost #19 Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15083 battles
  • [JOCO]

Thanks for your intakes I bought the SP because I already started the American mediums.

Lights tanks need rebalanced(again)

​Update 4.2 and 4.6 were terrible

Shere Khan 00 #20 Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7661 battles
  • [CRY]

Just had a 3600 damage, 5 kill, 148,761 sliver earning loss in this thing, Survived too.

This is another one of those premiums that you can consider better than the regular tanks, Love it.

Holds its own really well for a medium, though seems as though it would shine with support (Something my three games in it have been lacking.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users