Love the Skoda T-50

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Highlordwurm #21 Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17616 battles
I don't have one, but I will say this:  I have really started to notice them on the red team...I play lights and I hate and loath certain tanks; anything that starts with Obj 430...actually, that's it...but, the Skoda T50 is definitely on the list of tanks I take notice of and am wary of, so, There's that.  I guess what I am saying is that without having played it, that tank is an excellent counter scout

Funktastic Ed #22 Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:28 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18996 battles

View PostHighlordwurm, on 13 June 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

I don't have one, but I will say this:  I have really started to notice them on the red team...I play lights and I hate and loath certain tanks; anything that starts with Obj 430...actually, that's it...but, the Skoda T50 is definitely on the list of tanks I take notice of and am wary of, so, There's that.  I guess what I am saying is that without having played it, that tank is an excellent counter scout

Definitely.

It is a good mid field tank.

You take position around the center and on interception path, you take long range shots to support the attack and if the base is threatened you can come back quick and intercept the lights that come Hunting the artillary (They hate that)

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

aaapsmoi #23 Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:04 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21881 battles
  • [SUOMI]
I have major problems with this tank. Everyone told that the TVP VTU is bad but the Skoda T50 is great, but I think TVP VTU was actually quite good but the Skoda T50 is terrible. I have the second package at the moment and I know the tank should be be a lot better when it is fully upgraded, but you have to grind a lot of xp in order to get there. So far it has been nightmare. I have a decent crew with 6 skills but it doesn't help.

Orbtastic1 #24 Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41919 battles
  • [UK]

I've been doing the Grind from Tier 6 whilst this OP is on. I didn't like the tier 7 but the gun is "ok" if you get the chance to keep it firing. The Tier 8 is awful and I had low expectations for the T50 after the pain that was the VTU. Whilst stock, the T50 isn't much good insofar as the single shot has relatively low pen, bad gun handling and pretty bad mobility in addition to the huge bulky size etc.

The top engine doesn't make a huge difference, but it makes some difference.

What makes this tank is the 3 shot autoloader and improved pen/handling.

I had a couple of 1st class mastery badges with the single shot but I never really felt like I was dominating, but I did have a couple of 4-5k games. Then I got the autoloader and it just gives you a totally different playstyle. You can really peek a boom and blap 3 shots out and do ~900 and time reloads whilst wolfpacked with other meds and heavies and do the same - pop out, blap 3 shots out and pull back. It's also got reasonable view range despite the awful size so can act as a pseudo medium/scout and rack up some assisted dmg. Obviously with it being an autoloader you hsould be going for sprocket wheels etc so you will naturally rack up the assisted dmage.

Just got a mastery now in probably my 3rd or 4th game with the autoloader with a 7.5k combined game.

Also, if you have a couple of clips HE and know someone is distracted, you have the mobility to get round the back and drop some nasty pooper shots off. I have been trying some out because I've had HE loaded more than once by mistake because I'm used to pressing A once instead of twice due to me going more than 50% on the APCR on the stock gun.

Anyway yeah, stick with it, the top gun/package is what this tank is all about. Blap blap blap, 900 dmg, thank you please.

Prior to the autoloader you're relegated to support or mopping up late game but it's still a risky business because 1 for 1 trades are the absolute death of you. Nobody is scared of you, nobody. Tier 7 lights literally queue up to have a go on you. When they realise you have the single shot, heavies will just laugh because you've neither the alpha, pen or DPM to worry them. Everyone seems to hate this tank too, arty will focus you too and people swing their guns around from half the map away once you're lit.

Edited by Orbtastic1, 31 July 2019 - 06:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users