Proof AFKing works (as intended?)

afk profit

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SlTZKRlEG #1 Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 53926 battles

So last night my xbox froze on me during the loading screen of a match.  It was quite late so I decided to just call it a night and turned off the xbox instead of rebooting it to reenter the match.  Curious as to how the results were, I checked it today and to my surprise I came out significantly positive in both silver and xp for a match during which I literally contributed nothing.  Ever wonder why people afk constantly?  Because it works, WGA.  If your system is working as intended, why did I earn tens of thousands of silver and thousands of xp despite not moving an inch or firing a single shot?  It's not like the justification can be that I somehow was spotting for the team as I have zero assist points.  I fully realize that this is the perfect storm of conditions (premium account time from earning the Absolution with a premium tank for a x2 win) but I also didn't earn any ops so those numbers could have been even more ridiculous for doing nothing.  Even without all those modifiers, I still "earned" 524 base xp before modifiers for doing nothing other than absorbing one shot from an enemy tank while I brushed my teeth in a different room.

I've been playing this game since the second round of the beta when a certain mediterranean fellow in skimpy swimwear was notorious for at first doing nothing for a year and then just tying a rubber band around a thumbstick to twirl in place on his way to the top tier of each line after your system was put in place.  It's been 4+ years and it seems that this issue still isn't adequately IMO resolved. 

AFK FTW

DefiantSpurr #2 Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14120 battles
  • [BNKR]

Interesting.

When I have disconnected my tank has always been destroyed and I got nothing as a reward.

And I have seen the same happen to other afk tanks.

Must be a glitch in the system.

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

PirateTanker #3 Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41490 battles
I would dare say 7/10 of my matches still have an afk tank on one of the teams. That seems a lil high, if people were earning zero xp n losing silver then we wouldn’t see any. How long has the “new and improved” system been in place?

redshadowrider #4 Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 36674 battles

View PostSlTZKRlEG, on 27 November 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

So last night my xbox froze on me during the loading screen of a match.  It was quite late so I decided to just call it a night and turned off the xbox instead of rebooting it to reenter the match.  Curious as to how the results were, I checked it today and to my surprise I came out significantly positive in both silver and xp for a match during which I literally contributed nothing.  Ever wonder why people afk constantly?  Because it works, WGA.  If your system is working as intended, why did I earn tens of thousands of silver and thousands of xp despite not moving an inch or firing a single shot?  It's not like the justification can be that I somehow was spotting for the team as I have zero assist points.  I fully realize that this is the perfect storm of conditions (premium account time from earning the Absolution with a premium tank for a x2 win) but I also didn't earn any ops so those numbers could have been even more ridiculous for doing nothing.  Even without all those modifiers, I still "earned" 524 base xp before modifiers for doing nothing other than absorbing one shot from an enemy tank while I brushed my teeth in a different room.

I've been playing this game since the second round of the beta when a certain mediterranean fellow in skimpy swimwear was notorious for at first doing nothing for a year and then just tying a rubber band around a thumbstick to twirl in place on his way to the top tier of each line after your system was put in place.  It's been 4+ years and it seems that this issue still isn't adequately IMO resolved. 

AFK FTW

You didn't even mention that the crew was promoted.  Way to go...   LOL
I'm just saying.....

Sadriel Fett #5 Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:25 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27327 battles
  • [A4C]
Reported for AFK'ing.   :P :trollface:

~ There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty." ~

~ The worst enemies you will ever face in this game are your own team mates. ~

John-berg1995 #6 Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12449 battles
  • [CIA]
well let's think about it.

Premium tank. no repair bill. No re buying ammo. premium account. Win

Makes sense to me.

XT356 #7 Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9401 battles
  • [WOOO]
I got "reported" message for it yesterday. Joined a match, lost connection, said screw it and left for work. Came back, saw that team had folded badly and lost. Somehow, I didnt die so. Yeah. Told the guy to go ahead and report me again. Connection issues are out of my hands.
“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

SlTZKRlEG #8 Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:00 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 53926 battles

View PostSadriel Fett, on 27 November 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

Reported for AFK'ing.   :P :trollface:

If doing that had any real consequences then there wouldn't be a need for this type of thread.  :)

SlTZKRlEG #9 Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:01 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 53926 battles

View PostJohn-berg1995, on 27 November 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

well let's think about it.

Premium tank. no repair bill. No re buying ammo. premium account. Win

Makes sense to me.

It makes sense to you to allow folks to earn thousands of xp for doing nothing at the expense of the 14 other people on their team?

SlTZKRlEG #10 Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 53926 battles

View Postredshadowrider, on 27 November 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

You didn't even mention that the crew was promoted.  Way to go...   LOL

Well, it is a tank from a Communist country so doing nothing and getting promoted is pretty much the standard, lol.  I actually didn't even notice it though as I was so surprised about how lucrative AFKing can be.

Sadriel Fett #11 Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:30 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27327 battles
  • [A4C]

View PostSlTZKRlEG, on 27 November 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

If doing that had any real consequences then there wouldn't be a need for this type of thread.  :)

I know, right?  There's almost always someone that AFK's until the last minute, when they finally start taking hits from the other team.  The other day, we were on Ardenne's and two of our guys (in a platoon, of course, and our two heaviest tanks) immediately went to the very bottom right of the map where you can't be detected unless someone physically drives up there.  They stayed there for the whole game, while the rest of us got slaughtered.  Fortunately, since we were losing and only had three left on the team, the third guy decided to help and drove up there with them and stayed poked out just enough to get detected.  Then backed down into the corner, so the Reds would come up there and wipe them all out.  That alone was worth staying on and watching the rest of how the game turned out.  They said they were trying to get that medal where you don't take any damage.  They didn't win any friends on the green team that match.  

~ There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty." ~

~ The worst enemies you will ever face in this game are your own team mates. ~

Also tagged with afk, profit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users