90 replies to this topic

Destraag #41 Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 39380 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 01 December 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Its a known bug and will be fixed. 

View PostMaxChaos24, on 01 December 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

Camo available again. It has no built in camo so needs to equip clear camo.

They "went ahead" and gave me the 800 gold refund also... so my conceren is if this is reverted to requiring the camo purchase... with the refund to get the same value I am going to have to wait for the next sale to put camo back on these... not ideal :unsure:

Edited by Destraag, 07 December 2018 - 05:49 PM.

When a person resorts to attacking the other person rather than focusing on the issue (aka argumentum ad hominem), it becomes pretty clear they have nothing else to contribute and are wrong.

N7EasierPilot31 #42 Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 48982 battles
  • [BULL4]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 01 December 2018 - 07:14 AM, said:

Its a known bug and will be fixed. 

View PostMaxChaos24, on 01 December 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

Camo available again. It has no built in camo so needs to equip clear camo.

View PostDestraag, on 07 December 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

They "went ahead" and gave me the 800 gold refund also... so my conceren is if this is reverted to requiring the camo purchase... with the refund to get the same value I am going to have to wait for the next sale to put camo back on these... not ideal :unsure:

camo is still not available on Bog Horror or Wraith. i submitted a ticket & was denied a refund. i submitted another(an appeal, i guess) request for reimbursement yesterday. if it is a programming issue & will be resolved, ok. but when it is, will my permanent camo return?:(

SpongeBob SquarePants, Episode 130:  Eugene Krabs - "Questions are a danger to you and a burden to others."

N7EasierPilot31 #43 Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 48982 battles
  • [BULL4]

here is the most recent response - not happy....:(

"

Solved

Hi N7EasierPilot31,

Thanks for getting back to us and appreciate your on-going patience.

Good day, N7EasierPilot31! and I hope this message finds you well. While we understand your request to refund the camouflage, please be informed that the camouflage is about to receive an improvement in the upcoming 4.8 update and most Tank Commanders are looking forward many improvement that's about to unfold!

Lots of helpful article can be found here -> Player Support Page. You may also find useful information and tank attributes to use as an advantage here: WoT Tankopedia.

I wish you the best of luck and much success in the battlefield."

SpongeBob SquarePants, Episode 130:  Eugene Krabs - "Questions are a danger to you and a burden to others."

MaxChaos24 #44 Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:47 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12745 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostN7EasierPilot31, on 08 December 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

camo is still not available on Bog Horror or Wraith. i submitted a ticket & was denied a refund. i submitted another(an appeal, i guess) request for reimbursement yesterday. if it is a programming issue & will be resolved, ok. but when it is, will my permanent camo return?:(

Your tank has the camo equipped that you bought and is giving you the benefit. The issue is that other players cant equip camo when they should be able to. It will be resolved in 4.8. 

salomon2007 #45 Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 45866 battles
  • [PASTA]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 09 December 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

Your tank has the camo equipped that you bought and is giving you the benefit. The issue is that other players cant equip camo when they should be able to. It will be resolved in 4.8. 

What ? For now we don't need to put camouflage on re-skin premium tanks except several tanks, Hidden, Fury, Boilermaker and Bizon T-103 for example.

Then after update 4.8 we all have to put camouflage on all re-skin premium tanks ?

All Monster tanks need to be put on camouflage ?

HMH Chrysler K, Patriot, Minuteman, Freedom, Deathstalker, Vengeance need to be put on camouflage ?

Champion Panther/M10, Captured KV-1, Adler VK45.03, Hammer, Tiger 131, King Tiger need to be put on camouflage ? 

Snakebite, Frostbite, Defiance, Sentinel AC4, Knight, HMH Huntsman, Centennial T95, British Bulldog, Vindicator need to be put on camouflage ?

Champion M4 Sherman, Volk T-44-100, Motherland, Bogatyr, Glory IS-5, Fatherland, Scourge, Slayer need to be put on camouflage ?

HMH AMX 13 57, HMH M51 Super Sherman, Nomad, Liberté, HMH AMX M4 mle.49 need to be put on camouflage ? And etc etc.

Oh my all Black tanks need to be put on camouflage ?

No way MaxChaos24.:angry:

Edited by salomon2007, 09 December 2018 - 01:57 PM.

suicidalblues #46 Posted 09 December 2018 - 03:57 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 40398 battles
  • [WOFT]
I think right now is a good time to inventory our garages and make sure any tanks that were purchased with a permanent camo don't get changed.

I for one will be asking for gold compensation if my camo option is altered to "allow me" to purchase camo (specifically it's concealment factor) that it originally had when I bought the tank.

That's not a balancing issue, that's fleecing your player base.

DA Derpington #47 Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:12 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8804 battles
  • [CNUT]

View Postsalomon2007, on 09 December 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

What ? For now we don't need to put camouflage on re-skin premium tanks except several tanks, Hidden, Fury, Boilermaker and Bizon T-103 for example.

Then after update 4.8 we all have to put camouflage on all re-skin premium tanks ?

HMH Chrysler K, Patriot, Minuteman, Freedom, Deathstalker, Vengeance need to be put on camouflage ?

Champion Panther/M10, Captured KV-1, Adler VK45.03, Hammer, Tiger 131, King Tiger need to be put on camouflage ? 

Snakebite, Frostbite, Defiance, Sentinel AC4, Knight, HMH Huntsman, Centennial T95, British Bulldog, Vindicator need to be put on camouflage ?

Champion M4 Sherman, Volk T-44-100, Motherland, Bogatyr, Glory IS-5, Fatherland, Scourge, Slayer need to be put on camouflage ?

HMH AMX 13 57, HMH M51 Super Sherman, Nomad, Liberté, HMH AMX M4 mle.49 need to be put on camouflage ? And etc etc.

You forgot the Lycan :trollface:

caglassc #48 Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46543 battles
  • [-TCB-]

View PostN7EasierPilot31, on 08 December 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

here is the most recent response - not happy....:(

"

Solved

Hi N7EasierPilot31,

Thanks for getting back to us and appreciate your on-going patience.

Good day, N7EasierPilot31! and I hope this message finds you well. While we understand your request to refund the camouflage, please be informed that the camouflage is about to receive an improvement in the upcoming 4.8 update and most Tank Commanders are looking forward many improvement that's about to unfold!

Lots of helpful article can be found here -> Player Support Page. You may also find useful information and tank attributes to use as an advantage here: WoT Tankopedia.

I wish you the best of luck and much success in the battlefield."

this message came from customer service?  Poorly done....ugh. 

De opresso liber

ABAOUIA #49 Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 44879 battles
  • [ASYLM]

View Postsalomon2007, on 09 December 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

If your right than it is as i said before :

You can buy a KV5 or a Gornich.

KV5 cost 10K gold Gornich 12K gold

KV5 has camo 5 abd Gornixh camo 7

Put camo on KV5 and it has also camo 7

Good value, so we pay to have a special look ! Very special look cause it does shjit

If the Gornich camo factor can go up to 9 when you equip camo than it has use, but i think it will go down to 5 by the looks of it.

Not a good thing WG if he is right ?!

btw Numbers are just to make a clear example ! Totaly incorrect but shows what maybe will be the story !

StLouis1970 #50 Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:49 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37573 battles
I requested a refund because of this, and was denied because they “don’t refund for permanent Camo.”  So, enjoy the 800 gold WG,  You can keep my $3.20 and I’ll keep the $200 a year I’ve been spending on this game I love.  To really rub salt on it, this morning they sent me a survey asking about my customer support experience!

dzhey43 #51 Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:07 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 26836 battles
  • [3EBC]

That is weird why bog horror and wraith need a camo. Especially weird as only transparent camo was available. 

Spoiler

salomon2007 #52 Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 45866 battles
  • [PASTA]

View PostABAOUIA, on 10 December 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

If your right than it is as i said before :

You can buy a KV5 or a Gornich.

KV5 cost 10K gold Gornich 12K gold

KV5 has camo 5 abd Gornixh camo 7

Put camo on KV5 and it has also camo 7

Good value, so we pay to have a special look ! Very special look cause it does shjit

If the Gornich camo factor can go up to 9 when you equip camo than it has use, but i think it will go down to 5 by the looks of it.

Not a good thing WG if he is right ?!

btw Numbers are just to make a clear example ! Totaly incorrect but shows what maybe will be the story !

Only transparent camouflage could be applied to all re-skin premium tanks. The outlook won't change at all and is it worth putting "transparent" camouflage on re-skin specially painted premium tanks ?

Basically "transparent" camouflage has been implemented for the use of Mercenaries tanks because they WGCB have followed the FB request.

Mercenaries tanks need to be put on 4 types camouflages (winter, summer, dessert, city) like tech-tree tanks because Mercenaries tanks are not specially painted like re-skin tanks.

Then WGCB have applied "transparent" camouflage to all "tech-tree" tanks as variant of camouflage. 

I could accept the transparent camouflage as variant for tech-tree and Mercenaries tanks but couldn't accept it for re-skin premium tanks because re-skin tank's special paint has no effect at all. That means we players have paid extra gold to re-skin tanks for nothing.

It's a fundamental change and we have to put transparent camuflage to all re-skin tanks to get camouflage effect. If they WGCB would implement "transparent" camouflage to all re-skin premium tanks, they WGCB should refund gold for re-skin premium tanks owners. If not they WGCB are just greedy and ripping off gold from players who own re-skin premium tanks. :angry:

Edited by salomon2007, 10 December 2018 - 12:34 AM.

ABAOUIA #53 Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 44879 battles
  • [ASYLM]

View Postsalomon2007, on 10 December 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

Only transparent camouflage could be applied to all re-skin premium tanks. The outlook won't change at all and is it worth putting "transparent" camouflage on re-skin specially painted premium tanks ?

Basically "transparent" camouflage has been implemented for the use of Mercenaries tanks because they WGCB have followed the FB request.

Mercenaries tanks need to be put on 4 types camouflages (winter, summer, dessert, city) like tech-tree tanks because Mercenaries tanks are not specially painted like re-skin tanks.

Then WGCB have applied "transparent" camouflage to all "tech-tree" tanks as variant of camouflage. 

I could accept the transparent camouflage as variant for tech-tree and Mercenaries tanks but couldn't accept it for re-skin premium tanks because re-skin tank's special paint has no effect at all. That means we players have paid extra gold to re-skin tanks for nothing.

It's a fundamental change and we have to put transparent camuflage to all re-skin tanks to get camouflage effect. If they WGCB would implement "transparent" camouflage to all re-skin premium tanks, they WGCB should refund gold for re-skin premium tanks owners. If not they WGCB are just greedy and ripping off gold from players who own re-skin premium tanks. :angry:

That is what I am saying !

Now the Gornich has a higher camo than the KV5, but will loose it.

Now the KV5 has a lower camo rating than the Gornich, but aply camo (doesn't matter how many seasons ! you pay silver) and the KV5 has the same camo factor as the Gornich !

So your paying extra for the looks, wich does nothing for your tank !

If the transparant camo would give a extra camo factor above the special look (wich now acts as a camo ) then I'm fine with that :)

But not let people pay extra for something that had a function and then remove that function and let them pay again, even if it is silver, we payed gold before !

Basicly they probably say it is like a nerf so we cant do shjit i guess, but i will never ever buy a special tank if this will be the story, just the plain TT tank will do just fine and the same as the special versions !

Btw not much replies from wg in this tread other than saying it will be taken care of in the next update 

suicidalblues #54 Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:20 AM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 40398 battles
  • [WOFT]
WG saying they're going to take care of it unsettles me a bit.

Unless they can explain why, in previous threads, we've been told that the cost difference is because of the camo that is already applied to certain tanks. And since camo has never been used as a term to describe a visual difference without also adding a benefit to your ability to remain undetected I don't think this would end well.

R35T NO MORE #55 Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:10 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15551 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View Postsalomon2007, on 09 December 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

^ this. WG i suggest you tread carefully here. You charged people extra for those tanks, your reasoning being that camo was included. To now change that, post purchase... Risky. To say the least. As is cherry picking certain ones. The Wraith and Bog have unique designs and camo should be included by default :angry:

Coupdeteat #56 Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:46 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 29090 battles
  • [HIRAM]
So, it looks like some tanks should have still had the option to get camo but that was closed. That option will be available to them now. This does not affect any older tanks with permanent camouflage correct? There is A spreading rumor that all tanks will soon require camouflage regardless of how they were previously. For example...a black tank will now have a camouflage available to be purchased. Please say it ain’t so. 

AleTieCan05 #57 Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:10 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 45913 battles
if so it becomes a sure thing; WGCB is "committing suicide" to the game ....

f1mitku #58 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 45414 battles
If they just remove the camo factor from many-many premium tanks, the only variant for this to be OK for me is if they refund me with full gold value of 4 seasons camo for all my premium tanks that currently have built in camo. Or they are really “committing suicide”. :facepalm:

Huppo #59 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:13 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 41271 battles

Your concerns are legitimate!

But i thinj it'is more complicate: we can already put camo on minutemaid...

On somua sm we can't...

On Audace we can...

I dont' know why we can put camo on some tank/reskin or not.

Minutemaid is not a reskin.

Somua is.

Audace ???

f1mitku #60 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 45414 battles

View PostHuppo, on 10 December 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

Your concerns are legitimate!

But i thinj it'is more complicate: we can already put camo on minutemaid...

On somua sm we can't...

On Audace we can...

I dont' know why we can put camo on some tank/reskin or not.

Minutemaid is not a reskin.

Somua is.

Audace ???

There are some reskins that have camo included (like Vengeance, Nomad etc.) and some that looks the same but they don’t have camo included (like Minuteman, T-34-88 etc.). It has been this way for a long time and it has been included in the decision for purchase or not.

BUT if they decide to just remove the camo factor from ALL of them without proper refund - this world be equal to stealing money. 

Also tagged with camo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users