Jump to content


camo changes on bog horror and wraith

camo

  • Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

salomon2007 #61 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:44 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 44183 battles
  • 2,305
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View PostHuppo, on 10 December 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

Your concerns are legitimate!

But i thinj it'is more complicate: we can already put camo on minutemaid...

On somua sm we can't...

On Audace we can...

I dont' know why we can put camo on some tank/reskin or not.

Minutemaid is not a reskin.

Somua is.

Audace ???

 

What does it mean by "Minutemaid" ? It means US Tier7HT Minuteman ? I don't own Minuteman so I can't check it could apply camouflage or not.

Nomad somua sm is a re-skin tank but Somua sm could be put on camouflage because its a normal version.

Audace might be the tank like Hidden, Boilermaker, Fury which need put on camouflage, I'm not sure because I don't own it. :unsure:



MaxChaos24 #62 Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:18 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12481 battles
  • 19,629
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postsalomon2007, on 09 December 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

 

What ? For now we don't need to put camouflage on re-skin premium tanks except several tanks, Hidden, Fury, Boilermaker and Bizon T-103 for example.

Then after update 4.8 we all have to put camouflage on all re-skin premium tanks ?

All Monster tanks need to be put on camouflage ?

HMH Chrysler K, Patriot, Minuteman, Freedom, Deathstalker, Vengeance need to be put on camouflage ?

Champion Panther/M10, Captured KV-1, Adler VK45.03, Hammer, Tiger 131, King Tiger need to be put on camouflage ? 

Snakebite, Frostbite, Defiance, Sentinel AC4, Knight, HMH Huntsman, Centennial T95, British Bulldog, Vindicator need to be put on camouflage ?

Champion M4 Sherman, Volk T-44-100, Motherland, Bogatyr, Glory IS-5, Fatherland, Scourge, Slayer need to be put on camouflage ?

HMH AMX 13 57, HMH M51 Super Sherman, Nomad, Liberté, HMH AMX M4 mle.49 need to be put on camouflage ? And etc etc.

Oh my all Black tanks need to be put on camouflage ?

No way MaxChaos24.:angry:

 

 

Hello, 

 

Previously released tanks are NOT being changed. They have permanently built in camouflage and will continue to have it. With the introduction of Clear camouflage, we are no longer doing built-in permanent camouflage for several reasons

  • Players have been very vocal over the cost of Premium tanks. Not having built-in camouflage means we no longer have to include the permanent camouflage cost into the value of the tank, which reduces the price for the player. 
  • Players now have more choice and options:
    • You can choose to equip Permanent camouflage on your tank for Gold. This gives you the same end result for the same Gold cost as before.  
    • You can choose to equip Temporary camouflage on your tank for Silver. This lets you save some Gold and equip camouflage as needed when you want to play the tank. 
    • You can choose to do neither and not spend any additional Silver or Gold. 

 

This is a 100% positive change for players and nothing about it is negative. 



Koneko Da Best #63 Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:27 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26118 battles
  • 481
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 10 December 2018 - 06:18 AM, said:

 

Hello, 

 

Previously released tanks are NOT being changed. They have permanently built in camouflage and will continue to have it. With the introduction of Clear camouflage, we are no longer doing built-in permanent camouflage for several reasons

  • Players have been very vocal over the cost of Premium tanks. Not having built-in camouflage means we no longer have to include the permanent camouflage cost into the value of the tank, which reduces the price for the player. 
  • Players now have more choice and options:
    • You can choose to equip Permanent camouflage on your tank for Gold. This gives you the same end result for the same Gold cost as before.  
    • You can choose to equip Temporary camouflage on your tank for Silver. This lets you save some Gold and equip camouflage as needed when you want to play the tank. 
    • You can choose to do neither and not spend any additional Silver or Gold. 

 

This is a 100% positive change for players and nothing about it is negative. 

 

I mean you've been raising the prices of tanks compared to PC anyway without the camo issue because we're console and that somehow justifies tanks being more expensive even though you guy's have ported over countless tanks before and not had to raise the price for no reason :facepalm:

mockney_piers #64 Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:57 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9085 battles
  • 2,274
  • [FILTH]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016

Any chance of a list of premiums with a has-built-in-camo flag?

Someone mentioned the Hidden, I always assumed those bricks and cloths served a purpose, so I've been playing it gimped all this time.

Be nice to get something definitive.

 



salomon2007 #65 Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:02 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 44183 battles
  • 2,305
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View Postmockney_piers, on 10 December 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

Any chance of a list of premiums with a has-built-in-camo flag?

Someone mentioned the Hidden, I always assumed those bricks and cloths served a purpose, so I've been playing it gimped all this time.

Be nice to get something definitive.

 

 

Even HMH version need put on camouflage like HMH T-34-85M. So you should check the tank at custumization section in your garage.

AleTieCan05 #66 Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:20 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 45147 battles
  • 353
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 10 December 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

 

Hello, 

 

Previously released tanks are NOT being changed. They have permanently built in camouflage and will continue to have it. With the introduction of Clear camouflage, we are no longer doing built-in permanent camouflage for several reasons

  • Players have been very vocal over the cost of Premium tanks. Not having built-in camouflage means we no longer have to include the permanent camouflage cost into the value of the tank, which reduces the price for the player. 
  • Players now have more choice and options:
    • You can choose to equip Permanent camouflage on your tank for Gold. This gives you the same end result for the same Gold cost as before.  
    • You can choose to equip Temporary camouflage on your tank for Silver. This lets you save some Gold and equip camouflage as needed when you want to play the tank. 
    • You can choose to do neither and not spend any additional Silver or Gold. 

 

This is a 100% positive change for players and nothing about it is negative. 

sorry .... and when it was communicated to the players?



mockney_piers #67 Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9085 battles
  • 2,274
  • [FILTH]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016

View Postsalomon2007, on 10 December 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

 

Even HMH version need put on camouflage like HMH T-34-85M. So you should check the tank at custumization section in your garage.

 

Yeah, I was just being lazy so i don't have to press square against each premium :)

MaxChaos24 #68 Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12481 battles
  • 19,629
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostAleTieCan05, on 10 December 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

sorry .... and when it was communicated to the players?

 

In October when then tanks came out: 

http://forum-console...21#entry4564521



DwarfOnDrugs #69 Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:07 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 29283 battles
  • 2,144
  • [-UNL-]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 10 December 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

 

In October when then tanks came out: 

http://forum-console...21#entry4564521

 

Errrr. Hardly lol

 


AleTieCan05 #70 Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:11 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 45147 battles
  • 353
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 10 December 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

 

In October when then tanks came out: 

http://forum-console...21#entry4564521

OK, thanks for the clarification :great:

... it's important that this change is not retroactive on tanks released before October, this clarifies many doubts ..



sledge6301 #71 Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:33 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 48676 battles
  • 1,497
  • Member since:
    02-20-2017

View PostMaxChaos24, on 10 December 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

 

Hello, 

 

Previously released tanks are NOT being changed. They have permanently built in camouflage and will continue to have it. With the introduction of Clear camouflage, we are no longer doing built-in permanent camouflage for several reasons

  • Players have been very vocal over the cost of Premium tanks. Not having built-in camouflage means we no longer have to include the permanent camouflage cost into the value of the tank, which reduces the price for the player. 
  • Players now have more choice and options:
    • You can choose to equip Permanent camouflage on your tank for Gold. This gives you the same end result for the same Gold cost as before.  
    • You can choose to equip Temporary camouflage on your tank for Silver. This lets you save some Gold and equip camouflage as needed when you want to play the tank. 
    • You can choose to do neither and not spend any additional Silver or Gold. 

 

This is a 100% positive change for players and nothing about it is negative. 

So basically we pay the same price as before the cahnge and get nothing for it?

 

I will be very loud vocally if this is the case cause i have seen nothing about any discount on premiumtanks after this change or is that just hidden behind the ads.

 

I my book this is cheap cause we all know that there is discounts and a varaity in bundles and special sales that knowone sane can keep a track record about it for sure feels very suspicious but i am happy to stay that way just make more sence to not go onboard the latest train and stay at the station.

 

Most assuring line is that this 100% positive for players and nothing about it is negative ?wow

 

Why did you find that line ? It is just so jawdropping i could never come up with something like that do you have seminairs to learn that?

 

Dont get me wrong Max i do appreciate you and the work you do for us but man that is a typo?



MaxChaos24 #72 Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:54 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12481 battles
  • 19,629
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postsledge6301, on 10 December 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

So basically we pay the same price as before the cahnge and get nothing for it?

 

I will be very loud vocally if this is the case cause i have seen nothing about any discount on premiumtanks after this change or is that just hidden behind the ads.

 

I my book this is cheap cause we all know that there is discounts and a varaity in bundles and special sales that knowone sane can keep a track record about it for sure feels very suspicious but i am happy to stay that way just make more sence to not go onboard the latest train and stay at the station.

 

Most assuring line is that this 100% positive for players and nothing about it is negative ?wow

 

Why did you find that line ? It is just so jawdropping i could never come up with something like that do you have seminairs to learn that?

 

Dont get me wrong Max i do appreciate you and the work you do for us but man that is a typo?

 

"So basically we pay the same price as before the cahnge and get nothing for it?"

  • I don't understand what you mean. You're paying LESS because you don't get a permanent camouflage bonus. 
    • ​Bog Horror: Cost 9000 Gold instead of 9,800 Gold
      • ​800 Gold less as then players can chose to either spend that 800 gold extra for permanant camo, or Silver for Temp, or no camo at all. 

 

"I will be very loud vocally if this is the case cause i have seen nothing about any discount on premiumtanks after this change or is that just hidden behind the ads."

  • The base value of the tank is what's lower. It's not a discount/sale. 

 

"I my book this is cheap cause we all know that there is discounts and a varaity in bundles and special sales that knowone sane can keep a track record about it for sure feels very suspicious but i am happy to stay that way just make more sence to not go onboard the latest train and stay at the station."

  • See above. You're misunderstanding. 

 

"Most assuring line is that this 100% positive for players and nothing about it is negative ?wow"Why did you find that line ? It is just so jawdropping i could never come up with something like that do you have seminairs to learn th

  • Nothing wow about it. This is a great thing for players. You're just misunderstanding.

 

 



suicidalblues #73 Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:08 PM

    Captain

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 38585 battles
  • 1,592
  • [WOFT]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2016
Max, I just want your clarification on one thing.

You state the reduction in price for the Bog Horror as an example of cost savings, correct?

The Mutant has an in game cost of 7500 gold.
Bog Horror has an in game cost of 9000 gold.

If there isn't any difference/ advantage in the Bog camo, what is the justification for the (rather substantial) price increase?

MaxChaos24 #74 Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:17 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12481 battles
  • 19,629
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postsuicidalblues, on 10 December 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

Max, I just want your clarification on one thing.

You state the reduction in price for the Bog Horror as an example of cost savings, correct?

The Mutant has an in game cost of 7500 gold.
Bog Horror has an in game cost of 9000 gold.

If there isn't any difference/ advantage in the Bog camo, what is the justification for the (rather substantial) price increase?

 

While it doesn't have a built-in camo bonus, it still has a unique look which adds value. :honoring:

big jim4570 #75 Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:31 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12608 battles
  • 103
  • [GOAT]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2016

Max, Thank you for the clarification per no changes on pre-existing tanks.  When I bought them I knew that I was paying extra for the camo and factored it in too my decision...  Please make sure that the future premiums state clearly if they have permanent camo included so that we know if we need to up-grade but other then that... Thanks.

 

 



Pontiac Pat #76 Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:10 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 23253 battles
  • 6,491
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 10 December 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

"So basically we pay the same price as before the cahnge and get nothing for it?"

  • I don't understand what you mean. You're paying LESS because you don't get a permanent camouflage bonus. 
    • ​Bog Horror: Cost 9000 Gold instead of 9,800 Gold
      • ​800 Gold less as then players can chose to either spend that 800 gold extra for permanant camo, or Silver for Temp, or no camo at all. 

View Postsuicidalblues, on 10 December 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

The Mutant has an in game cost of 7500 gold.
Bog Horror has an in game cost of 9000 gold.

If there isn't any difference/ advantage in the Bog camo, what is the justification for the (rather substantial) price increase?

View PostMaxChaos24, on 10 December 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

While it doesn't have a built-in camo bonus, it still has a unique look which adds value. :honoring:

Max, perhaps you are unaware, so let me spell it out.

 

WG has had a long standing pricing practice that puts reskins with no statistical camo enhancement at the same price as the base version.  Tanks that include the camo bonus have a price premium.  The presence of that price premium has been consistent for camo bonus tanks ever since the Freedom (at least that's the first one I can recall).


While this new policy does have positives (all tank's camo/paint will work the same way), making the reskins more expensive with no enhancement beyond the visual is a clear change of pricing policy that definitely is a negative to the consumer.

 

It is the general impression that the Bog Horror is the first tank to break that long standing pricing practice.  However, I took a good look, and it appears the Bizon was actually the first one to break that practice.  It slipped under everyone's radar.  It is now fully on the radar.

I, for one, will be more selective in which such tanks I purchase in the future.


Edited by Pontiac Pat, 10 December 2018 - 05:11 PM.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe


DefiantSpurr #77 Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13478 battles
  • 2,435
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-11-2014
That's just depressing if they are removing the camo value of premiums lwith paint jobs like this.

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

 


MaxChaos24 #78 Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:29 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12481 battles
  • 19,629
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostPontiac Pat, on 10 December 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Max, perhaps you are unaware, so let me spell it out.

 

WG has had a long standing pricing practice that puts reskins with no statistical camo enhancement at the same price as the base version.  Tanks that include the camo bonus have a price premium.  The presence of that price premium has been consistent for camo bonus tanks ever since the Freedom (at least that's the first one I can recall).


While this new policy does have positives (all tank's camo/paint will work the same way), making the reskins more expensive with no enhancement beyond the visual is a clear change of pricing policy that definitely is a negative to the consumer.

 

It is the general impression that the Bog Horror is the first tank to break that long standing pricing practice.  However, I took a good look, and it appears the Bizon was actually the first one to break that practice.  It slipped under everyone's radar.  It is now fully on the radar.

I, for one, will be more selective in which such tanks I purchase in the future.

 

Thanks for spelling it out, however what you're saying is not quite correct. All my previous statements were accurate. There was no change in pricing beyond the removal of the camo cost from the base price of the tank. You guys are way overthinking this as there is literally no negatives nor any changes beyond what was stated. You're just no longer being forced to pay Gold for 4 permanent camouflage, and instead now get to choose if you want to buy them for Gold, Silver, none, or wait for a Camo sale. 

 

 

 

 



ABAOUIA #79 Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:43 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 42760 battles
  • 4,701
  • [ASYLM]
  • Member since:
    03-09-2015

View PostMaxChaos24, on 10 December 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

 

While it doesn't have a built-in camo bonus, it still has a unique look which adds value. :honoring:

 

Great response, cristal clear !

 

For me, i would not pay extra to have a Unique look, the future Numbers will tell you guys on how the player market feels about a Unique look.

 

But great move if you ask me, just keep mentioning if a tank has build in camo or it is just a Unique look, i don't think it is up to the players to find out ;)



Coupdeteat #80 Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:10 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28413 battles
  • 1,108
  • [HIRAM]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2014
I will just say, of the pricing of tanks, camouflage was never one of the things that being complained about. It seems the tanks pricing could be lowered by dropping the unpopular features that come with most tanks. The ammunition, crew, and garage slot could be removed, and that would lower prices without a furor. A nothing but the tank option I think would be popular. anyway, that’s just my unsolicited 5cent opinion. Thanks for the clarification. 





Also tagged with camo

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users