• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

JatemKaa #81 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 60018 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 10 December 2018 - 06:18 AM, said:

Hello, 

Previously released tanks are NOT being changed. They have permanently built in camouflage and will continue to have it. With the introduction of Clear camouflage, we are no longer doing built-in permanent camouflage for several reasons

• Players have been very vocal over the cost of Premium tanks. Not having built-in camouflage means we no longer have to include the permanent camouflage cost into the value of the tank, which reduces the price for the player. 
  • Players now have more choice and options:
    • You can choose to equip Permanent camouflage on your tank for Gold. This gives you the same end result for the same Gold cost as before.  
    • You can choose to equip Temporary camouflage on your tank for Silver. This lets you save some Gold and equip camouflage as needed when you want to play the tank. 
    • You can choose to do neither and not spend any additional Silver or Gold. 

This is a 100% positive change for players and nothing about it is negative. 

The price of premiums now no longer includes permanent camo? Then why is the cost of premiums still rising in SPITE of this? Players have been very vocal over the cost of Premium tanks so the answer is to remove a feature and STILL raise the price?

Edited by JatemKaa, 10 December 2018 - 10:08 PM.

salomon2007 #82 Posted 11 December 2018 - 12:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 43473 battles

Oh my :ohmy: So from now on premium tanks which will be implemented on WoTCS with special paint won't have 4 permanent camouflage value at all.

Do we player pay exxtra gold just for special paint job ?

No ! We will wait for normal version release because we don't think special paint job itself is worth paying extra gold (price difference between re-skin one and normal version) 

DANCING FLAMES #83 Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:36 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 39209 battles
Why do I get the feeling players are going to be asking for clarification on this whole thing for quite some time.. Seems the role out of this perhaps is not informative enough.. Why is it always the communication stage that seems to blunder

salomon2007 #84 Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 43473 battles

View PostDANCING FLAMES, on 11 December 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

Why do I get the feeling players are going to be asking for clarification on this whole thing for quite some time.. Seems the role out of this perhaps is not informative enough.. Why is it always the communication stage that seems to blunder

Because they WGCB always do the thing which none of players want them to do and they WGCB don't do the thing which all players want them to do. :)

AleTieCan05 #85 Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44578 battles
there's one thing I do not understand ... what does 4.8 have to do with all this? :sceptic:

AleTieCan05 #86 Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44578 battles

View Postsalomon2007, on 11 December 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

Because they WGCB always do the thing which none of players want them to do and they WGCB don't do the thing which all players want them to do. :)

this! +1

sledge6301 #87 Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:31 AM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 48520 battles
  • [PIRAI]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 10 December 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

"So basically we pay the same price as before the cahnge and get nothing for it?"

• I don't understand what you mean. You're paying LESS because you don't get a permanent camouflage bonus. 
    • ​Bog Horror: Cost 9000 Gold instead of 9,800 Gold
      • ​800 Gold less as then players can chose to either spend that 800 gold extra for permanant camo, or Silver for Temp, or no camo at all. 

"I will be very loud vocally if this is the case cause i have seen nothing about any discount on premiumtanks after this change or is that just hidden behind the ads."

• The base value of the tank is what's lower. It's not a discount/sale. 

"I my book this is cheap cause we all know that there is discounts and a varaity in bundles and special sales that knowone sane can keep a track record about it for sure feels very suspicious but i am happy to stay that way just make more sence to not go onboard the latest train and stay at the station."

• See above. You're misunderstanding. 

"Most assuring line is that this 100% positive for players and nothing about it is negative ?wow"Why did you find that line ? It is just so jawdropping i could never come up with something like that do you have seminairs to learn th

• Nothing wow about it. This is a great thing for players. You're just misunderstanding.

Ok Max check my account and tell me what you see?

I have supported this game generosley i dont mind to do so casue i love the game and in my world nothing is free.

Wot console is the only game i ever played and ever will play so you are getting stuck with me as long as the game is running on its servers i have opinions and i think i am in my rights to ventilate my opinions on this forum or wherever i choose to do so.

I have said severel times dont tuch the premium tanks after release if it is noa absoluley neccessary if you want to talk about what people say or dont say every time you change something after the first release it going to get players upset in either direction.

We can have a discussion in PM form about what i think is wrong with some of the decisions made that directley have an inpact on my will to still going for everything that WG is trying to sell under the reasonable fact that it is real money involved in the end.

It is easy to forget that the game is a so called free to play game and it is up to a point i am old and stubborn enough to understand the importance of rewenue to continue the future for developing this game casue wot is a buisiness in the end and that is exactley why i support the game cause i want to be able to play this game as long as possible.

I have and are still on a pesonal level using this game as a rehab tool after a severe accident nothing is more important to me then To see a future together with this game.

I usally purchace the premiumtanks sitting waiting for them but the one thing is i never wait cause i am eager to try the new tanks.

I dont like changes to anything that is purchaced for real money period cause it feels not right.

There are several opportunitys to change policy by having them for sale as a none camo version but when going for special reskinned or rare version of tanks they should be all in hands on special in every way possible cause you buy them because they are supposed to be special.

The black tanks have a special treatmeant why not have the same policy on special rare tanks that feels and are special we are not talking about anything but rare selection.

You can anwer by PM your choise

Thanks.

Pontiac Pat #88 Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:53 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 22898 battles
  • [47R]
What Max is saying is technically correct.  IMO, It's a perception issue.  For many, perception = reality.  This could have been largely avoided by WG being more vocal about the policy change when it came into being.  That would have helped to shape the perception more favorably.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

sledge6301 #89 Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:14 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 48520 battles
  • [PIRAI]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 12 December 2018 - 03:53 AM, said:

What Max is saying is technically correct.  IMO, It's a perception issue.  For many, perception = reality.  This could have been largely avoided by WG being more vocal about the policy change when it came into being.  That would have helped to shape the perception more favorably.

Technically correct ?

well i agree but and that is a big but WG did not have to do this and to hide behind some fantacy line that anybody can use or abuse as to be a fact is low and lame.

Real money is involved you get what you pay for but not at WG and they have the EULA but the expectations is getting more and more down the road so is the game worth playing YES is the content for sale worth it YES is the changes to the content in all a good thing NO.

On a personal level it is STOP.

WG change your policy before it is to late that is a appeal.Please dont go down this road.

N7EasierPilot31 #90 Posted 15 December 2018 - 08:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 47028 battles
  • [BULL4]

View Postcaglassc, on 09 December 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

this message came from customer service?  Poorly done....ugh. 

i thought so. finally PM Max & got a comprehensible answer. it's there & in effect, just can't see/manage(add or remove) it. supposed to be corrected with 4.8 - not sure when that will be, maybe with the new Polish line, before the end of the year.:mellow:

SpongeBob SquarePants, Episode 130:  Eugene Krabs - "Questions are a danger to you and a burden to others."

Brass Drag0n #91 Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 31239 battles

Well I'm confused... :amazed:

The Wojtek came out after this policy change, but camo is "unavailable" for it in the customize tab.

So, the Pudel has a skin rather than a camo and needs camo applied to it like the 50TP did?

MoE: Firefly (2), Churchill III (2), KV-5 (2), Pz V/M10​ (2), Tiger 1​ (3)

(PS4 - DRAGONxxSWORD)

Also tagged with camo

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users