King tiger equipment load outs gameplay

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

test777777 #1 Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11108 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

I received on of those personal offers. 7100 gold for the King Tiger and some other stuff. I liked the look of the tank and as one oft does, I sent the thing into battle, forgetting to equip it.  Mid tier, survived, did a smidgeon of damage killed some tier IX, bounced about 1600 damage and we won by destroying the reds. I was surprised at how agile it seemed, how Easily it seemed to side scrape and how decent the gun was. I’m guessing it’s a versatile vehicle.

Please recommend me a load out and play style recommendation.

Playing it safe

XERXEZS #2 Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25505 battles
Large caliber gun rammer
Vertical stabilizer
Enhanced gun laying drive

Hull down as much as you can, angle the hull when you are exposed.

FinlandRed #3 Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:30 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21223 battles
If you can wait until I get home I'll take a shot of the TT one in my garage so you can see the consumables and skills on the crew.

Neurotic Cell #4 Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23125 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostXERXEZS, on 04 December 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Large caliber gun rammer
Vertical stabilizer
Enhanced gun laying drive

Hull down as much as you can, angle the hull when you are exposed.

Out of curiosity (I don’t have it but mentally comparing to Tiger II) - why GLD over Optics or Vents?

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

XT356 #5 Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8885 battles
  • [WOOO]

Rammer, vents, Optics. Mid range support. Great fire rate, but dont brawl in it. Stay a little bit behind first line unless you are in a good spot. Took my a while to learn how to play it. Kept trying to IS3 in it and boy, that DOES NOT work out. 

I dont have the king tiger, but I do have the tiger II. Almost the same thing. 

“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

XERXEZS #6 Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25505 battles
Improves aiming time therefore improving your dpm. faster aiming = faster time to shoot your opponent, increasing your dpm.

Maxipotzac #7 Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7616 battles

- rammer

- vertstab

- vent

The King Tiger is superior to a higher tier against its speed and cannon, not specifically attacking, rather a sniper tank. If we are top tanks, then of course we can lead him with the attack. In Tier 9+ battles, I take the sniper capability, and with a wave behind the front, I try to give support from the outside of the sight of the enemy.

I use the sidescraper technique in the latter case, because it is very difficult to hit the exact turning angle. The side armour is much more sensitive than the IS-3.

Pros

Accurate cannon
     Quick Targeting
     For proper use, massive armor

Cons

Damn engine
     From the front it can easily be fired
     Small alpha damage

Edited by Kazuar_HUN, 04 December 2018 - 01:58 PM.

English is not my native language, but who cares? (  so do not write to me in this case )  ;)

fozfactor #8 Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58733 battles

I use high octane fuel, and if Off Road is trained up the tank is very nimble. 

I had Optics until I had Sit Aware and Recon trained up then switched to Vents. May switch back as bottom tier the extra view range comes in handy.

Rammer and VStab.

One of my favorite tanks for sure. 

non nobis solum

electronaut1976 #9 Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16594 battles
i would go for Rammer Vstabs Optics to make it a good all rounder. I always spot for myself since 14 people cant spot jack sh!t...

Albapfalzd3 #10 Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21038 battles

View Posttest777777, on 04 December 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

I received on of those personal offers. 7100 gold for the King Tiger and some other stuff. I liked the look of the tank and as one oft does, I sent the thing into battle, forgetting to equip it.  Mid tier, survived, did a smidgeon of damage killed some tier IX, bounced about 1600 damage and we won by destroying the reds. I was surprised at how agile it seemed, how Easily it seemed to side scrape and how decent the gun was. I’m guessing it’s a versatile vehicle.

Please recommend me a load out and play style recommendation.

I did the same thing in my KV-4 by K recently. I put consumables on it but forgot to equip it and went into battle. Surprisingly I still did o.k. As for the King Tiger, I think I went with Vents, Rammer and VStab in mine (I may have Optics instead of Rammer though can't remember). You get a quicker aim time with VStab as the bloom is smaller (whether moving or stopped) and there fore has has less to travel to get fully zoomed in plus it helps while firing on the move, GLD only works while stopped. You could exchange the Rammer for Optics though but with a 400 meter View Range, which is pretty good for a heavy, and if your crew has BiA, SA and Recon you probably don't really need them. You can try it either way and decide which  you like better (if you are willing to part with a little gold that it).

Roy

SGT Rock 1963 #11 Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:25 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 12844 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostXERXEZS, on 04 December 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

Improves aiming time therefore improving your dpm. faster aiming = faster time to shoot your opponent, increasing your dpm.

Cant get any faster than your reload. Pull up seconds early and Pre-aim, That will improve your dpm, Without utilization of another slot. Or rock back n forth. Its a heavy.  On topic, Verts, Vents and Rammer.

SGT_Rock_1963   On mixer, Leave a follow. 

TrickyJaguar6 #12 Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:27 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9305 battles
  • [HLRSR]
I run rammer, vents, and optics on mine

Sadriel Fett #13 Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:28 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26622 battles
  • [A4C]
I normally run a Gun Rammer, Vents, and a Vertical Stabilizer on mine.  I used to run a Gun Laying Drive instead of Vents, but there wasn't enough of a noticeable improvement with the GLD for me.   Vents will affect all Crew Skills, so that was more useful to me in the long run.

~ There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty." ~

~ The worst enemies you will ever face in this game are your own team mates. ~

HawkZ71 #14 Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:04 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30520 battles
  • [RSMOJ]
I went with Optics, VStabs, and Vents and Chocolate. My best German crew with BiA, Recon, and Situational Awareness really helps the tank have awesome view range, good enough reload, and good aim time.  I had a game where I took the role of sniper on the hill in the Northeast corner of Heilbronn.  I smashed tank after tank and never allowed a single red to get to the flag from that flank. I was flashed many times...even though most were IX and X. Only time I lead the charge in a King Tiger/Tiger II is when I'm top tier. Even then other 8's like an IS-3 can puch right through your turret face when hull down.

pilotguy79 #15 Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:08 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 15946 battles
  • [S_W]

Rammer vents optics. It’s got a accurate gun. Use it.  It’s have lowish alpha so reloading as fast as you can is essential.

XERXEZS #16 Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25505 battles

View PostSGT Rock 1963, on 04 December 2018 - 06:25 AM, said:

Cant get any faster than your reload. Pull up seconds early and Pre-aim, That will improve your dpm, Without utilization of another slot. Or rock back n forth. Its a heavy.  On topic, Verts, Vents and Rammer.

If you pull up seconds early, you give your opponent more opportunities to hit you.

Tempest fox3 #17 Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:00 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20079 battles
  • [JOCO]
Rammer / vstabs / optics.

If your crew is trained in Bia, recon & situational awareness then I would swap optics for vents.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

killer etzi0 #18 Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57735 battles
  • [47R]

View PostXERXEZS, on 05 December 2018 - 05:11 AM, said:

If you pull up seconds early, you give your opponent more opportunities to hit you.

This^^

View PostSGT Rock 1963, on 04 December 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

I would also suggest (it took me way to long to figure/understand this) that tanks with flat armor that you must angle to get max benefit of said armor, if you are "pre aming" in on the red tank that means you are NOT angling your turret armor and, as mentioned, increasing red tank's chance to pen you. 

I've been working at this very hard as of late, keeping my turret angled away from the red tank and waiting until my gun was fully loaded and ready to fire before aiming back in on him. 

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users