Jump to content


question for Absolution Drivers!

Absolution Champion M10

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Vampire_Izumi #1 Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:04 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 28246 battles
  • 3,732
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

hi, i had a question about the Absolution!

 

if i liked the Champion Panther/M10(i liked it soo much i 3 marked it), will i like the Absolution?

 

thank you for any feedback :)


      A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:


John Arrowsmith #2 Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:09 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 80178 battles
  • 16,473
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
The Absolution is like a cross between a Minute man and a 5/4  and i would  should  be very surprised if it doesn't get nerfed. 

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

 

 

 


Sadriel Fett #3 Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:13 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28386 battles
  • 5,284
  • [DARMY]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
It really doesn't feel like the Panther/ M10 to me.  I love the Absolution, but it really feels more like you're driving the Panzer V/IV because of how it turns like a brick, but it can take a serious beating.  The turret is pretty strong and if you can set yourself up in a good hull down position you can bounce alot of rounds and not have to move as much for every reload.  The gun is the same one that's on the Aufklärungspanzer Panther, so it's pretty quick and fairly accurate.  It's quickly become my favorite Merc tank, so far.  

 

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~


Vampire_Izumi #4 Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:19 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 28246 battles
  • 3,732
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 05 December 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

The Absolution is like a cross between a Minute man and a 5/4  and i would  should  be very surprised if it doesn't get nerfed. 

 

i like the minuteman but do kinda bad in the pz V/IV

View PostSadriel Fett, on 05 December 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

It really doesn't feel like the Panther/ M10 to me.  I love the Absolution, but it really feels more like you're driving the Panzer V/IV because of how it turns like a brick, but it can take a serious beating.  The turret is pretty strong and if you can set yourself up in a good hull down position you can bounce alot of rounds and not have to move as much for every reload.  The gun is the same one that's on the Aufklärungspanzer Panther, so it's pretty quick and fairly accurate.  It's quickly become my favorite Merc tank, so far.  

 

i do kinda poor in the pz. V/IV, but  if this tank has a good gun and good armor i think i will like it! :D i will start grinding hard then for the last 300 points :D ty for the info!


      A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:


Sadriel Fett #5 Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:22 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28386 battles
  • 5,284
  • [DARMY]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View Postgreenteam117, on 05 December 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

i do kinda poor in the pz. V/IV, but  if this tank has a good gun and good armor i think i will like it! :D i will start grinding hard then for the last 300 points :D ty for the info!

 

The hull armor is roughly the same as the Panther/ M10, but the turret is really strong.  So, if you can keep your hull from being too exposed you can really do some work.  :izmena:


 

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~


Vampire_Izumi #6 Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:25 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 28246 battles
  • 3,732
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

View PostSadriel Fett, on 05 December 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

 

The hull armor is roughly the same as the Panther/ M10, but the turret is really strong.  So, if you can keep your hull from being too exposed you can really do some work.  :izmena:

 

so that may mean you can bait shots to shoot the spaced armor that looks like your upperplate then :D (i did this alot in the Panther/M10)

      A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:


f1mitku #7 Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 48570 battles
  • 4,434
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

View Postgreenteam117, on 05 December 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

 

so that may mean you can bait shots to shoot the spaced armor that looks like your upperplate then :D (i did this alot in the Panther/M10)

 

Yeah... and the hull side spaced armor is pretty good too. Not in that amount as on Minuteman, but it's still pretty usable to bait some auto-aim shots. :)
Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

Tankatar #8 Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:42 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8310 battles
  • 1,477
  • Member since:
    03-10-2014
A perfect tier 6 heavy, imo. Nice job WG!

Stahlbrezel #9 Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:46 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 28713 battles
  • 353
  • Member since:
    11-26-2016

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 05 December 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

The Absolution is like a cross between a Minute man and a 5/4  and i would  should  be very surprised if it doesn't get nerfed. 

 

This... no matter high- or lowtier... it performs in every aspect. I bet it will be nerfed.


Hic Rhodus, hic salta... ~ Aesop

 

 


CamaroGuy96 #10 Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:59 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 10547 battles
  • 781
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013
The main fault it has over the rest of the Panther family is it's poor mobility. The PzV/M10 gets away with lower alpha by being a maneuverable flanker. This tank can't play that role. It's quick in a straight line, but when it comes to turning and maneuvering it doesn't do so well. Against tier VIII the added armor doesn't do much, so the mobility loss is a killer.

It's very much a one trick pony similar to the PzV/IV. When top tier you can bully the reds into submission; but when bottom tier you get run over.

  XBOX ONE 

Garage has too many tanks to list now...


Tankatar #11 Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:10 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8310 battles
  • 1,477
  • Member since:
    03-10-2014

View PostCamaroGuy96, on 05 December 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

The main fault it has over the rest of the Panther family is it's poor mobility. The PzV/M10 gets away with lower alpha by being a maneuverable flanker. This tank can't play that role. It's quick in a straight line, but when it comes to turning and maneuvering it doesn't do so well. Against tier VIII the added armor doesn't do much, so the mobility loss is a killer.

It's very much a one trick pony similar to the PzV/IV. When top tier you can bully the reds into submission; but when bottom tier you get run over.

Are those mentioned also heavies?



FinlandRed #12 Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:22 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21890 battles
  • 2,161
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
 

View PostTankatar, on 05 December 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

Are those mentioned also heavies?

 

Mediums (The V/IV says it's a medium but that's a different argument). The Minuteman is a heavy.

 

So worth grinding out the last 380 points then?



killer etzi0 #13 Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:38 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 59734 battles
  • 19,192
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014
I've played just over 50 battles, it handles like a V/IV, it sides scrapes (with the help of the spaced armor) like a Tier VII heavy (3400+ blocked damage is my best so far) the gun is very very dependable (76% hit ratio). 3.2-1 KDR.  Yea, it's a good tank.

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 05 December 2018 - 05:09 AM, said:

The Absolution is like a cross between a Minute man and a 5/4  and i would  should  be very surprised if it doesn't get nerfed. 

 


Edited by killer etzi0, 05 December 2018 - 01:39 PM.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


Tankatar #14 Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:41 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8310 battles
  • 1,477
  • Member since:
    03-10-2014

View PostFinlandRed, on 05 December 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

 

 

Mediums (The V/IV says it's a medium but that's a different argument). The Minuteman is a heavy.

 

So worth grinding out the last 380 points then?

 

average 20 pts for 20 days and it's yours..I think you get 870,000 silver if you sell it, just sayin

Tempest fox3 #15 Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:48 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 21332 battles
  • 18,937
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostCamaroGuy96, on 05 December 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

The main fault it has over the rest of the Panther family is it's poor mobility. The PzV/M10 gets away with lower alpha by being a maneuverable flanker. This tank can't play that role. It's quick in a straight line, but when it comes to turning and maneuvering it doesn't do so well. Against tier VIII the added armor doesn't do much, so the mobility loss is a killer.

It's very much a one trick pony similar to the PzV/IV. When top tier you can bully the reds into submission; but when bottom tier you get run over.

 

Handbrake solves the turning problem.

 

It does fine as bottom tier. Though you will have to use premium ammo. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker- In order obtained

 

Spoiler

FinlandRed #16 Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21890 battles
  • 2,161
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostTankatar, on 05 December 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

 

average 20 pts for 20 days and it's yours..I think you get 870,000 silver if you sell it, just sayin

 

There's the problem right there. I get to play maybe twice a week. Guess I'll have to put a shift in to get it done.

 

View PostTempest fox3, on 05 December 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

 

Handbrake solves the turning problem.

 

It does fine as bottom tier. Though you will have to use premium ammo. 

 

 

Is there another kind of ammo?? :trollface:



tvcigar #17 Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22253 battles
  • 138
  • Member since:
    04-20-2014
I should have one in about 3 days.

HawkZ71 #18 Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:02 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32584 battles
  • 575
  • [RSMOJ]
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016
I wish WG would fix their code so your first game in a new tank it top tier. I completed the op last week. Tried the tank out and I was the only tier 6 in a mostly tier 8 battle. Then tried a second battle and ended up with the same matchmaking...it wasn't that late at night.  Keep forgetting to try it again, as I have several TT grinds going right now.

John Arrowsmith #19 Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:05 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 80178 battles
  • 16,473
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostHawkZ71, on 05 December 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

I wish WG would fix their code so your first game in a new tank it top tier. I completed the op last week. Tried the tank out and I was the only tier 6 in a mostly tier 8 battle. Then tried a second battle and ended up with the same matchmaking...it wasn't that late at night.  Keep forgetting to try it again, as I have several TT grinds going right now.

 

It's more than capable bottom tier. 

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

 

 

 


suicidalblues #20 Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:32 PM

    Captain

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 42910 battles
  • 1,792
  • [WOFT]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2016

View PostStahlbrezel, on 05 December 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

 

This... no matter high- or lowtier... it performs in every aspect. I bet it will be nerfed.

 

The thing that will keep it from being nerfed is that everyone will have it. It will fall into the Deathstar/ Waffle area where there will be enough bad players to keep it "balanced".







Also tagged with Absolution, Champion M10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users