FV4202p & Centennial T95....some love please?

wg max

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Buffs Required? (15 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

The FV4202(P) requires a little "fettling"

1. The turret could do with some love (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. It's okay...it needs a little love but not drastically (6 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. It is fine as it is. (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

4. Something else - mention below please (4 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

The Centennial T95 requires a little "fettling"

1. to the turret - the commanders cupola is too big a weak spot. (5 votes [21.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

2. to the gun - the penetration is a little too lacking. (6 votes [26.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

3. to the overall stats...its just a bit "meh" (6 votes [26.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

4. It's okay...it needs a little love but not drastically (4 votes [17.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

5. It is fine as it is. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. something else - mention below please (2 votes [8.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

Vote Hide poll

Chr15py #1 Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:02 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14255 battles

Hi WG.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the FV4202(P) and Cent' T95 are? Having bought the STRV81 recently, the gun is better than both, the turret is better than both, the manoeuvrability seems better than the T95. I've immediately jumped into the STRV81 and I feel more comfortable with it than the FV and Cent'. 

Now don't get me wrong, they are good tanks when everyone is shooting other people but in my experience, i get penned in the turret more often than not in these. Even when using max gun depression over a hill only showing the least turret possible, the FV gets penned under the gun (200mm all day long) and the Cent' in the tumour.

A little bit of love to both tanks turrets and the gun of the T95 I think is needed. 

I've added a poll just to see your thoughts so that hopefully Max and / or Rai may see and pass the feedback to the developers. I understand completely that any tank in the right hands and the right situation can be overpowered and I have had some good games in both too. 

What are other peoples thoughts? Do like 

Cheers

Chris

"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

Cpl Derren #2 Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:57 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24130 battles
  • [DP]

View PostChr15py, on 05 December 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Hi WG.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the FV4202(P) and Cent' T95 are? Having bought the STRV81 recently, the gun is better than both, the turret is better than both, the manoeuvrability seems better than the T95. I've immediately jumped into the STRV81 and I feel more comfortable with it than the FV and Cent'. 

Now don't get me wrong, they are good tanks when everyone is shooting other people but in my experience, i get penned in the turret more often than not in these. Even when using max gun depression over a hill only showing the least turret possible, the FV gets penned under the gun (200mm all day long) and the Cent' in the tumour.

A little bit of love to both tanks turrets and the gun of the T95 I think is needed. 

I've added a poll just to see your thoughts so that hopefully Max and / or Rai may see and pass the feedback to the developers. I understand completely that any tank in the right hands and the right situation can be overpowered and I have had some good games in both too. 

What are other peoples thoughts? Do like 

Cheers

Chris

I do want to remind you that the 4202 was a test bed vehicle for the chieftain. so it makes sense that it wouldn't have armor equivalent to the cents. also the Centennial T95 has an American turret. so again, makes sense that the armor isn't the same as the cents. 

but again, I like my British mediums. so of course id enjoy some buffs n stuff. lol

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

fozfactor #3 Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57397 battles

4202 could use a minor aim-time buff (2.3→2.1). +10mm on the UFP would also be fantastic. 4.6 turret works as intended, at least for me.

Spoiler

Koncorde #4 Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:47 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 22235 battles

Preferential matchmaking would be beneficial, it's the redeeming feature of the equally problematic T95E2.

Chieftain/T95's issue is the Chieftain hull isn't a tier X hull, the turret isn't a tier X turret, so anything 7 and up has a good chance of penning you frontally unless you are at max depression (which is where the burger bun becomes a problem). The Chieftain lacks the mobility at X to be a medium, so moving it down two tiers still doesn't balance it out either. This means the only balancing act being done is the gun and burger bun weak-spot. Even spamming premium, you have to trade at a 4 to 1 ratio to really have a chance against a tier 9 or 10 medium, because of their high alpha, Russian armour and high hitpoint pools.

Have no experience of the 4202 to comment, but it has higher pen and a better armour profile...so got to be better?

Chr15py #5 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:23 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14255 battles

View PostKoncorde, on 06 December 2018 - 05:47 AM, said:

Preferential matchmaking would be beneficial, it's the redeeming feature of the equally problematic T95E2.

Chieftain/T95's issue is the Chieftain hull isn't a tier X hull, the turret isn't a tier X turret, so anything 7 and up has a good chance of penning you frontally unless you are at max depression (which is where the burger bun becomes a problem). The Chieftain lacks the mobility at X to be a medium, so moving it down two tiers still doesn't balance it out either. This means the only balancing act being done is the gun and burger bun weak-spot. Even spamming premium, you have to trade at a 4 to 1 ratio to really have a chance against a tier 9 or 10 medium, because of their high alpha, Russian armour and high hitpoint pools.

Have no experience of the 4202 to comment, but it has higher pen and a better armour profile...so got to be better?

The 4202 is definitely better than the T95 all day long thanks to the pen and manoeuvrability. You are right about the premium spam required when bottom tier. 
"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

AXELXu7 #6 Posted 09 December 2018 - 05:10 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24914 battles
Did they buff the FV4202 recently? I noticed how it isn't hot garbage slowly melting in a fire.
Actually spoiled a sport once.

iNsaneMilesy #7 Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:52 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12598 battles
  • [XXXCP]
The Centennial needs a huge balancing buff. Im fine with the hull, its supposed to be a Chieftan Hull, flaws and all. The balance to this is the ability to go hull down, which we cannot do because the the sight range and camo are far too low and of course, the very weak cupola which needs to have much thicker armour on par wit the turret like every other similar tank... in all, for a tank that is designed to be hull down, it cant do its one job. The gun needs a pen boost, for a "rifled" 90mm barrel" its slow reload and sketchy penetration is sad. It already takes a long time to zero and shooting on the move is pointless. Its not fast enough to be a mobile medium and its weak hull is too easy a target, especially from the front where you ammo rack almost always get damaged.
THIRTY CORPS (XXXCP)

Also tagged with wg, max

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users