Stop Punishing Top Contributors

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Tempest fox3 #21 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18566 battles
Figures a player with sub 50% win rate would want to be rewarded for losing.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

steelheadclan #22 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14330 battles

View PostCpl Derren, on 06 December 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

Ironically I made a VERY similar comment in response to someone complaining about the same thing on social media. Its like my entire generation forgot what competition means!

Everyone wants a participation award now. 

When I was a kid winning was special. 

Now everyone wants a first place award because loosing hurts their feelings:(

steelheadclan #23 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14330 battles

View PostTempest fox3, on 06 December 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

Figures a player with sub 50% win rate would want to be rewarded for losing.

lol

I wasn’t gonna say anything about that:)

There’s more to winning than being a top five XP earner. 

killer etzi0 #24 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 52511 battles
  • [47R]

View PostRubbelito, on 06 December 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

I'm sorry. It was pretty straight forward. Don't know how I can put it any clearer.

I was responding in general to OP's first post and Max's follow up. Again, maybe you feel you're clear in what your saying, but I guess, to me, the meaning has been lost in the text. 

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

Tankatar #25 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7656 battles
Simple solution:  Eliminate W/R stats and replace it with battles won.  Each time that you win 10 battles you earn battle pts that can be traded for various ingame goods. Like equipment, consumables, camo, etc,,just sayin

Rubbelito #26 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19556 battles
  • [TNT]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 06 December 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

I was responding in general to OP's first post and Max's follow up. Again, maybe you feel you're clear in what your saying, but I guess, to me, the meaning has been lost in the text. 

Alright, I'll try again and we'll see.
OP is wanting more xp in a loss if he/they perform good in a battle, right?

OP is being criticized for wanting more xp than he deserves due to the losing team already getting 100% xp (reference to what max said about the 50% bonus for winning team).

Now, I'm agreeing both with op and with the ones saying there's already the hero medals that give you that same bonus as a loser.

How can I do that?

Well, because I think the hero medals are not all relevant for getting said bonus.

Just to take an example, if you get the sniper medal you get the win bonus even if you lose. So what did you do to deserve that? Absolutely nothing. You can bounce 10 shots, get 0 dmg and still get it.

Compare that to someone accidentally bump into a green tank at start and then doing 10k dmg and not getting the bonus.

Fair system?

That's where my first post came in, where I tried to declare that not all hero medals should be relevant for such a nice bonus, while others are too hard to get because they're so situational and not necessarily proof of a good performance (Like Confederate, it mostly just means that you failed to kill anyone).

Are you following? :)

killer etzi0 #27 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 52511 battles
  • [47R]

View PostRubbelito, on 06 December 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Alright, I'll try again and we'll see.
OP is wanting more xp in a loss if he/they perform good in a battle, right?

OP is being criticized for wanting more xp than he deserves due to the losing team already getting 100% xp (reference to what max said about the 50% bonus for winning team).

Now, I'm agreeing both with op and with the ones saying there's already the hero medals that give you that same bonus as a loser.

How can I do that?

Well, because I think the hero medals are not all relevant for getting said bonus.

Just to take an example, if you get the sniper medal you get the win bonus even if you lose. So what did you do to deserve that? Absolutely nothing. You can bounce 10 shots, get 0 dmg and still get it.

Compare that to someone accidentally bump into a green tank at start and then doing 10k dmg and not getting the bonus.

Fair system?

That's where my first post came in, where I tried to declare that not all hero medals should be relevant for such a nice bonus, while others are too hard to get because they're so situational and not necessarily proof of a good performance (Like Confederate, it mostly just means that you failed to kill anyone).

Are you following? :)

So it would have been easier to just say, "Hey, some of these epic/hero medals should not give the 50%+ bonus"  I would have grasped that concept a bit quicker, just sayin....  :)

Ronald Reagan

Rubbelito #28 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19556 battles
  • [TNT]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 06 December 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

So it would have been easier to just say, "Hey, some of these epic/hero medals should not give the 50%+ bonus"  I would have grasped that concept a bit quicker, just sayin....  :)

lol
Me not being a native english, I might write things in a more complicated manner than necessary. I might be guilty of that. Idk... :teethhappy:
But wasn't that pretty much what I wrote?

View PostRubbelito, on 06 December 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

As a concept, this is correct, but if we're being honest, how "well" did a player that gets the sniper, steel wall or scout really do?

And if we're looking at the players that actually did well,  what do they have in store for the epic medals?

[...]

I agree that the concept is already there, but imo it needs re-work to more relevant rewards.

But anyway, your last post now only had half the truth of what I was trying to say.

Some medals does not deserve the bonus, yes.

But many of the other ones are also too difficult or too situational to get.
I propose to re-work either some of the medals, or to add additional requirements to get the "win" bonus as a loser.
Maybe an achievement relative to your team mates, like if you outperform x % of your teammates with x amount of xp, you get it.
This was just a quick example on the top of my head, but surely there must be many ways and/or factors to be taken into account here?

killer etzi0 #29 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 52511 battles
  • [47R]

View PostRubbelito, on 06 December 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

lol
Me not being a native english, I might write things in a more complicated manner than necessary. I might be guilty of that. Idk... :teethhappy:
But wasn't that pretty much what I wrote?

But anyway, your last post now only had half the truth of what I was trying to say.

Some medals does not deserve the bonus, yes.

But many of the other ones are also too difficult or too situational to get.
I propose to re-work either some of the medals, or to add additional requirements to get the "win" bonus as a loser.
Maybe an achievement relative to your team mates, like if you outperform x % of your teammates with x amount of xp, you get it.
This was just a quick example on the top of my head, but surely there must be many ways and/or factors to be taken into account here?

well, yes, sorta... lol

Edited by killer etzi0, 06 December 2018 - 04:35 PM.

Ronald Reagan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users