Experienced players in low tiers

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

catt2010 #1 Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:47 AM

Private

• Players
  • 7383 battles
  • [MELEE]

I feel the game is too difficult for new players and having lots of very experienced players in low tier games doesn’t help,

I think once a player has earned their first tier 10 tank all xp requirements for tiers 1-4 should be halved.

this would help experienced players and new players.

edit: seems a lot of people miss understood what I’m saying,

I’d suggest we still gain the same amount of xp for playing lower tiers however the requirement to unlock next tank or tank packages would be halved.

BulkaMax #2 Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5951 battles
Stupid idea/  So how should you start a NEW :Btier  from the scratch/, getting 1\2 all xp ??

RUNNINGDUDE1 #3 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:32 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 21673 battles
Most of the reason why we play lower tier is because sometimes there are no actual experienced players at the higher tiers and I like to blow off steam

Topsmuggler65 #4 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:55 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10787 battles
Also some of the lower tier tanks are great crew trainers and we would never get chance to play earned tanks.

bux1303 #5 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:19 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 8267 battles
  • [SHOOT]
sry if i say this. But we all was at begin lowtiers. Not only the old players

korbendallas-01 #6 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41446 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostBulkaMax, on 06 December 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

Stupid idea/  So how should you start a NEW :Btier  from the scratch/, getting 1\2 all xp ??

I think the idea is the other way around: You would only need half of regular XP, allowing you to move up more quickly.

Funktastic Ed #7 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:55 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15650 battles

Most experienced players at low tiers play premium tanks, mostly to train crew skills, and gather experience based earn ops.

You need to understand that tier X tanks are very bad training tanks, because you are always top tier.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

MASHMAN 90 #8 Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 30847 battles

View PostTopsmuggler65, on 06 December 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

Also some of the lower tier tanks are great crew trainers and we would never get chance to play earned tanks.

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 06 December 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Most experienced players at low tiers play premium tanks, mostly to train crew skills, and gather experience based earn ops.

You need to understand that tier X tanks are very bad training tanks, because you are always top tier.

I think part of the problem is that Lower the Tier, better the Crew Trainer (with exceptions such as the Churchill 3). Also while i love WG's Special Gifts (L-60 etc), that's also part of the problem as a Free Player will only have a Tier 2 to Crew Train with unless they do an earn op or win a competition/giveaway. To get people away from Lower Tier, Wargaming in my opinion need to be gifting us Tier 5 Tanks but that doesn't stop the Sexton's, however it's a start. My biggest recommendation is give the Higher Tiers the same XP Bonus as a Tier 2 or more, like the "Black Tanks" but for every vehicle. This would make the Black Tanks obsolete however so something would have to be done there like Double Silver as a prime example or give it even more Crew Training Bonus like the Vengeance T25 Pilot 1.

T2 Light: 27% Silver, 75% XP

Locust: 57% Silver, 60% XP

Patton KR: 57% Silver, 15% XP

Vengeance: 50% Silver, 15% XP, 50% Crew XP

There lies the problem. That 15% XP Bonus. Discounting the Vengeance which is Special, T2 Light is the best Crew Trainer in this comparison which means to train crews quickly, you need to jump into the T2 Light which is the Tier 2 Light Tank which is a problem for New Players. My Suggestion is to raise the Patton KR to a minimum of 45% XP Bonus which is three times the amount. Okay the T2 Light will still be faster but it's the same XP Bonus as the M4A2E4 Sherman which is a Tier 5 Medium Tank.

AMX CDC Black: 50% Silver, 75% XP

So to get better Crew Training at Tier 8, you need a Black Tank, Vengeance, King Dragon etc. Black Tanks could have an additional 50% Crew XP on top of the above to keep them relevant so new figures...

Patton KR: 57% Silver, 45% XP (Trebled XP Bonus)

AMX CDC: 50% Silver, 45% XP (Trebled XP Bonus)

T25 Pilot 1: 50% Silver, 45% XP (Trebled XP Bonus)

Vengeance: 50% Silver, 30% XP, 50% Crew XP (Double XP Bonus)

AMX CDC Black: 50% Silver, 75% XP, 50% Crew XP

Looking at it the Black Edition still gets 30% XP Bonus more than the AMX CDC however by adding a 50% Crew XP it still makes the Black Tanks relevant.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

MASHMAN 90 #9 Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:29 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 30847 battles
As you see i was brainstorming but changed my mind.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

DefiantSpurr #10 Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:56 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12681 battles
  • [BNKR]

A while ago, WG implemented low tier protection that protected new players from experienced players.

A few of us noticed it was not working, I ran a hundred games at tier 1-3 as research, and consistently was placed against players with only a handful of battles on their accounts.

I raised it with support and got ignored.

I raised it on twitter,Facebook and here and got nothing.

I'm the end I had to directly poke Max to get an acknowledgement.

That was a few months ago. 

No idea if it's fixed yet.

To be honest given people's stories I'm not sure it ever worked in a way that actually protected new accounts. 

BEWARE NEGATIVE SENTIMENT!

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWzcAleBFZ4c4ynWXXkZItQ

DefiantSpurr #11 Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12681 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 06 December 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

I think part of the problem is that Lower the Tier, better the Crew Trainer (with exceptions such as the Churchill 3). Also while i love WG's Special Gifts (L-60 etc), that's also part of the problem as a Free Player will only have a Tier 2 to Crew Train with unless they do an earn op or win a competition/giveaway. To get people away from Lower Tier, Wargaming in my opinion need to be gifting us Tier 5 Tanks but that doesn't stop the Sexton's, however it's a start. My biggest recommendation is give the Higher Tiers the same XP Bonus as a Tier 2 or more, like the "Black Tanks" but for every vehicle. This would make the Black Tanks obsolete however so something would have to be done there like Double Silver as a prime example or give it even more Crew Training Bonus like the Vengeance T25 Pilot 1.

Patton KR: 57% Silver, 15% XP

Vengeance: 50% Silver, 15% XP, 50% Crew XP

There lies the problem. That 15% XP Bonus. Discounting the Vengeance which is Special, T2 Light is the best Crew Trainer in this comparison which means to train crews quickly, you need to jump into the T2 Light which is the Tier 2 Light Tank which is a problem for New Players. My Suggestion is to raise the Patton KR to a minimum of 45% XP Bonus which is three times the amount. Okay the T2 Light will still be faster but it's the same XP Bonus as the M4A2E4 Sherman which is a Tier 5 Medium Tank.

AMX CDC Black: 50% Silver, 75% XP

So to get better Crew Training at Tier 8, you need a Black Tank, Vengeance, King Dragon etc. Black Tanks could have an additional 50% Crew XP on top of the above to keep them relevant so new figures...

Patton KR: 57% Silver, 45% XP (Trebled XP Bonus)

AMX CDC: 50% Silver, 45% XP (Trebled XP Bonus)

T25 Pilot 1: 50% Silver, 45% XP (Trebled XP Bonus)

Vengeance: 50% Silver, 30% XP, 50% Crew XP (Double XP Bonus)

AMX CDC Black: 50% Silver, 75% XP, 50% Crew XP

Looking at it the Black Edition still gets 30% XP Bonus more than the AMX CDC however by adding a 50% Crew XP it still makes the Black Tanks relevant.

I think us oldies can manage with the higher tier premium tanks without needing to seal club. People just need to be patient and focus more on having fun :honoring:

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

MASHMAN 90 #12 Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:06 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 30847 battles

View PostDefiantSpurr, on 06 December 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

I think us oldies can manage with the higher tier premium tanks without needing to seal club. People just need to be patient and focus more on having fun :honoring:

True however before i won the Primo Victoria, i only had the L-60 to Crew Train, which is Tier 2 and will be the same once we get the Polish Tier 2 too. I love Free Gifts and a Premium but i don't like to go in the L-60 to Crew Train as feels wrong and will be same for Poland. i can't remember but "i think" that the protection may only exist for Tier 1 (can't remember for Tier 2) where it needs a sealclubber on enemy team if you join.

DefiantSpurr #13 Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12681 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 06 December 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

True however before i won the Primo Victoria, i only had the L-60 to Crew Train, which is Tier 2 and will be the same once we get the Polish Tier 2 too. I love Free Gifts and a Premium but i don't like to go in the L-60 to Crew Train as feels wrong and will be same for Poland. i can't remember but "i think" that the protection may only exist for Tier 1 (can't remember for Tier 2) where it needs a sealclubber on enemy team if you join.

Thats kind how I suspected the protection to work. But It wasn't. I may test it again later, but it makes me feel so guilty I also think that it's a very flawed way to protect new players and makes no logical sense. 

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

BulkaMax #14 Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5951 battles

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 06 December 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

I think the idea is the other way around: You would only need half of regular XP, allowing you to move up more quickly.

To move up more quickly / you can spend free XP to get 5or6 tier)):deer:

GameWinner_001 #15 Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:36 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 37215 battles
  • [TOP-N]

View PostDefiantSpurr, on 06 December 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Thats kind how I suspected the protection to work. But It wasn't. I may test it again later, but it makes me feel so guilty I also think that it's a very flawed way to protect new players and makes no logical sense. 

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 06 December 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

Man, people, this is a game and you are allowed to have fun:

Just take out your low tier tanks and enjoy! :-)

I can confirm what DefiantSpurr said: From time to time you are placed against new players. Maybe it is because the mm could not find any other experienced players in the queue and so the slots are filled up with new players eventually. But this is the better solution compared to the situation where you do not find a match at all.

I mean, this is a game which showcases tier 1 tanks as normal tanks so you should be allowed to expect to be able to play these tier 1 tanks whenever you feel like it.

Personally, I still have to get a "M" on my T22 Proto and make a video of it (I have the golden M, but sadly do not have it on video - requirements for a M on that tank seem to be pretty high).

Well, currently I do not play, but I will be back in a few weeks/months, and the last I saw regarding tier 2 tanks:

If you are top tier in a tier 2 tank you can never ever get 15 vs 15 battles, only 11 vs 11, no matter how many people are in the queue (15 vs 15 with tier 2 tanks being top tier was once possible, there are old youtube videos of it).

Not 100% sure why this is.

Maybe it is a part of the noob protection, maybe it is because too few people play tier 2.

Edited by GameWinner_001, 06 December 2018 - 01:05 PM.

Thrillhelm #16 Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26764 battles
  • [7ARMD]
The German Pz. 38 H is tier II and one of the best crew trainers, and sometimes people need a break from high-tier madness. I like the simplicity of a Pz. II and cruising around in Province, Ensk or Mines rather than stalling in big heavies.

The1970Hooper #17 Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8341 battles
  • [RATT]
I use the lower tiers for crew training and some of the tanks I just enjoy, I don't consider it clubbing as I seem to be able to get destroyed at those levels as well. 

Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.” 
― Frank Herbert, Dune

killer etzi0 #18 Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 52478 battles
  • [47R]
It's just a guess on my part, but I bet there are not as many "experienced" player playing at lower tiers as you might think. In the past 60+/- days out of 1600+ battles I've played a total of 30 games at tier III-V, and 25 of those battles where in the Locust which sees Tier IV-V much more than it ever sees tier II.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

steelheadclan #19 Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14325 battles

The only tier three I play is Arty and I do that as a public service. 

:)

I don’t enjoy the tiers 1-4 gameplay much and I pretty much stick to tiers 6-10. 

I’d love to play my T1E6-PS more as It’s insanely fun but I felt guilty just playing it once. 

Funktastic Ed #20 Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15650 battles

View Poststeelheadclan, on 06 December 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

The only tier three I play is Arty and I do that as a public service. 

:)

I don’t enjoy the tiers 1-4 gameplay much and I pretty much stick to tiers 6-10. 

I’d love to play my T1E6-PS more as It’s insanely fun but I felt guilty just playing it once. 

I agree tier 1 to 4 is a mess, full of suicide squads and illogical behaviors, most time you have 0 control on the match.
"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users