MM Bots

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ravenspurn #1 Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8059 battles
  • [LYCAN]

I was gifted a friend's ANZ WoT account to have a play around whilst he was stationed on an oilrig for a few weeks.

I play on NA for WoT PC, and I must say, what a difference.

The MM has been replaced by something a little more sane.
Three tier battles are possible, but extremely unlikely.
The MM priorities have been changed from 3-5-7 to:
6-9 (for Tiers X and IX)
7-8 (for all Tiers)

My experiences were as follows:
I ran the Italian Tech tree on both accounts to the P.43 Tier 5
In the US server, I regularly saw tier 6 in the P26/40, and Tier 7 in the P.43
I ran the same tree on the ANZ account.
I never saw a tier 6 in the P26/40, not tier 7 match in the P.43 on the ANZ server.
The Preferential Premium vehicles I played never saw one tier up in the 2 weeks of play.
Where there are not enough players, a maximum of 7 bots are introduced to allow the MM to function.

Maybe something for Console to look at?

My take from this experience was thoroughly more enjoyable play.

Edited by Ravenspurn, 06 December 2018 - 01:10 PM.

MASHMAN 90 #2 Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:09 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 30857 battles
No Bots as QB said, it makes stats meaningless but an idea could be, If you find a game with a Bot, you only get XP, Silver and Crew XP, nothing else, No Wins/Losses, No Progress towards MOE, No Ace Tankers, No Maximum Base XP, No Best Damage etc, it would be like playing War Stories or Proving Grounds but you still make full XP and Credits towards New Skills or Vehicles.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

Ravenspurn #3 Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8059 battles
  • [LYCAN]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 06 December 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

No Bots as QB said, it makes stats meaningless but an idea could be, If you find a game with a Bot, you only get XP, Silver and Crew XP, nothing else, No Wins/Losses, No Progress towards MOE, No Ace Tankers, No Maximum Base XP, No Best Damage etc, it would be like playing War Stories or Proving Grounds but you still make full XP and Credits towards New Skills or Vehicles.

I agree with the no bots part, I mentioned the bots because they are introduced to make the MM work.

ANZ has a similar player count to XB Console NA circa 9-11000.

I saw maybe 1-2 bots per battle as there were enough players in tier I-V to allow the MM to function.

One thing to note is that after tier V, the bots are removed.

Tiers I-V are those which have the worst grind, at least for me on PC.

IMHO, Playing without SS after tier IV is not really doable.

What that means is that the grind at tier IV to get the commander fully trained, and then trained with SS prior to training BiA / SoS is kind of difficult.

This is especially true when 90% of the matches you see are tier VI, and you can do very little in the way of damage to gain XP to train said crew.

After 110 matches in the P26/40 on the US Server, I had fully trained the crew from 75%.

After 105 matches in the P26/40 on the ANZ Server, I had fully trained the crew from 75%, and 75% trained BiA.

In both of these scenarios, the WR for the tank was around 53%, and a 100% Crew XP directive was used.

Edited by Ravenspurn, 06 December 2018 - 03:57 PM.

Also tagged with MM, Bots

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users