37 replies to this topic

CommanderZod #21 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18565 battles

View PostDon R1CO NoVa, on 07 December 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

aha

clairvoyant ?!?

No, PS4 Wot already supports mouse, you have to set camera joys sensivity to 0 to let the mouse be barely usable. But it is difficult to contol the tank both from gamepad and mouse, very unnatural 

Maybe for arty it works good

UNIQUE GAME FOR UNIQUE PLAYERS

XT356 #22 Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:25 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5928 battles

WG 

"Hey guys, we are NOT going to be mirroring pc"

Some time later:

'Hey guys, we are NOT going to be mirroring pc, but we are adding keyboard and mouse support to the game" 

I will eat your unhappiness.

"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

G4A2 SANDHOG #23 Posted 08 December 2018 - 04:56 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33699 battles
  • [NFTG]
Why should a powerful console not be able to support a different input? Just because some people don't like it? If you want ease of use, use a controller. If you want precise movement, use a KB/M. Your choice.

SHRiIVIP #24 Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18239 battles
  • [-NL-]

View PostDon R1CO NoVa, on 06 December 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Will we see keyboard and mouse support on the Xbox One?

I don’t have an exact date but I can tell you now that the SDK was released we are working on it.

WHAT ?!

Controller  VS  Keyboard and Mouse  ??? 

I hope this is a Fake :arta:

Oh look, another way to drive off even more of what little player base they have.

View PostG4A2 SANDHOG, on 08 December 2018 - 04:56 AM, said:

Why should a powerful console not be able to support a different input? Just because some people don't like it? If you want ease of use, use a controller. If you want precise movement, use a KB/M. Your choice.

Of course you would have this opinion. 

Former Account: HappeningShrimp

51 Tanks with 3 MoE (100% MoE have **)

Spoiler

Phantom Prowess #25 Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:34 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 1640 battles
I do not want to see keyboard and mouse added.

SteampunkPagan #26 Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:39 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 83849 battles
  • [HDC-R]

So if I am reading this all right the only reason some want this is because the game on console is to hard for them & they want to make it easier by giving M&K a clear advantage... Thus an un-balanced playing field breaking the console game yea WGCB get right on this...lol.

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

G4A2 SANDHOG #27 Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:03 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33699 battles
  • [NFTG]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 08 December 2018 - 05:39 AM, said:

So if I am reading this all right the only reason some want this is because the game on console is to hard for them & they want to make it easier by giving M&K a clear advantage... Thus an un-balanced playing field breaking the console game yea WGCB get right on this...lol.

SPP

So if I am reading this right people don't want it because they are too comfortable with the controller set up and don't want change. It will happen in the future for ALL games. Just because you guys are comfortable with controllers doesn't mean others cant use what they are comfortable with. Why should people have to buy a $1500 plus PC just so they can use KB/M? What if that was the other way around? I'm certain you wouldn't like having to pay that much just to use a controller. 

JaggedSine6 #28 Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15302 battles
I tried WOT PC and totally sucked at trying to use the mouse and keyboard. However, I also tried it on a insanely under powered PC which may have been the real problem. Why not allow using the controller but map some of the radial wheel commands to a keyboard? You can get a cheap keyboard for under $15 which would be good enough for a few mappings. This would get rid of all of these 'fix the radial wheel' posts.
Current garage: T22 Proto, T2 Light Tank, T7 Combat Car, M22 Locust, T37, T21, Lycan, Walker Bulldog, M2 Medium Tank, M4A2E4 Sherman, M4A3E8, T26E4 SuperPershing, M18 Hellcat, Jackson, Pz IV H, Pz.Kpfw V/IV, T-25, VK 30.01 (H), VK 36.01, Tiger I, Hammer, Tiger II, E-75, Jagdpanther, Boilermaker, Cromwell, Excelsior, Challanger, AMX CDC, Liberte, Valentine II, T-34-88, Motherland, KV-1, Churchill III, T-150, IS-3, T-10, SU-76I, STA-2, Type 61. (Green are favorites)

Don R1CO NoVa #29 Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19089 battles
  • [FRONT]

View PostG4A2 SANDHOG, on 08 December 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

So if I am reading this right people don't want it because they are too comfortable with the controller set up and don't want change. It will happen in the future for ALL games. Just because you guys are comfortable with controllers doesn't mean others cant use what they are comfortable with. Why should people have to buy a $1500 plus PC just so they can use KB/M? What if that was the other way around? I'm certain you wouldn't like having to pay that much just to use a controller. 

"Why a Keyboard and Mouse Provide aBetter Gaming Experience. There is a great divide amongst gamers when it comes to console vs. PC gaming. ... Try aiming at a small point with acontroller and then with a mouse. Themouse is much more precise and a faster way to pinpoint a target than acontroller stick."

Sorry, but we need balance.

Don R1CO NoVa #30 Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19089 battles
  • [FRONT]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 08 December 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

SPP

This :großartig:

G4A2 SANDHOG #31 Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:25 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33699 battles
  • [NFTG]

View PostDon R1CO NoVa, on 08 December 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

"Why a Keyboard and Mouse Provide aBetter Gaming Experience. There is a great divide amongst gamers when it comes to console vs. PC gaming. ... Try aiming at a small point with acontroller and then with a mouse. Themouse is much more precise and a faster way to pinpoint a target than acontroller stick."

Sorry, but we need balance.

You people act like the player base is good enough to even utilize such an "advantage". Most players on here are casual players that just drive around mindlessly. If you're that worried about utilizing every pixel, use a KB/M. Its that simple. 

PzG Kami #32 Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:13 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24661 battles
  • [IIAD]
Against Keyboard/mouse as well. Not only this removes equality in the game but In my opinion Controller actually make for a more realistic control scheme compared to using mouse to aim !

Don R1CO NoVa #33 Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:19 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19089 battles
  • [FRONT]

View PostG4A2 SANDHOG, on 08 December 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

You people act like the player base is good enough to even utilize such an "advantage". Most players on here are casual players that just drive around mindlessly. If you're that worried about utilizing every pixel, use a KB/M. Its that simple. 

I dont understand you.

I mean 

(Example)

Unikum 1 VS Unikum 2 

Unikum 1 with Controller 

Unikum 2 with K/M 

= Unikum 2 win ! 

do you like it ? 

Rubbelito #34 Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19545 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostG4A2 SANDHOG, on 08 December 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

It's not that simple for everybody. :facepalm:

Capn Ratchet45 #35 Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18211 battles

View PostDon R1CO NoVa, on 10 December 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

I dont understand you.

I mean 

(Example)

Unikum 1 VS Unikum 2 

Unikum 1 with Controller 

Unikum 2 with K/M 

= Unikum 2 win ! 

do you like it ? 

if the playing field is evened by allowing all, then its your choice not to use.

there are multiple controllers available with button remapping, button relocation etc, that are allowed and licensed by ms as well, you aren't playing against the same hardware as it is.

My controller has been tweaked in a few ways, and yes, it provides me with slight advantages in some scenarios (not so much for tanks, but gtav you better believe it!)

Again, I don't like rules that are essentially unenforcable. If k/b and mouse were to be implemented properly, games could be designed to use either properly, to their fullest ability. It would also be WAY easier for an older, non tech savvy player such as myself, to get a k/b m setup without having to run third party stuff (that also costs extra!) to get the same benefits. 

I wish we all used the same hardware, but those days have been gone for about twenty years or so lol. I had rapid fire nes controllers as a kid, joystick pads for fighters, hell my snes has a mouse licensed by nes. 

Its a slight advantage, that you're already playing against. The guy who tears you apart with a mouse, is probably gonna tear you apart regardless. Its the person behind the controller, not the controller that gets the job done (or not).

hmsmystic #36 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8380 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostCapn Ratchet45, on 10 December 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

if the playing field is evened by allowing all, then its your choice not to use.

there are multiple controllers available with button remapping, button relocation etc, that are allowed and licensed by ms as well, you aren't playing against the same hardware as it is.

My controller has been tweaked in a few ways, and yes, it provides me with slight advantages in some scenarios (not so much for tanks, but gtav you better believe it!)

Again, I don't like rules that are essentially unenforcable. If k/b and mouse were to be implemented properly, games could be designed to use either properly, to their fullest ability. It would also be WAY easier for an older, non tech savvy player such as myself, to get a k/b m setup without having to run third party stuff (that also costs extra!) to get the same benefits. 

I wish we all used the same hardware, but those days have been gone for about twenty years or so lol. I had rapid fire nes controllers as a kid, joystick pads for fighters, hell my snes has a mouse licensed by nes. 

Its a slight advantage, that you're already playing against. The guy who tears you apart with a mouse, is probably gonna tear you apart regardless. Its the person behind the controller, not the controller that gets the job done (or not).

Your missing the point- it looks you are a min/maxxer (trying to get every advantage possible).  This is not a criticism

Other players may think like you.  If the M/K provides a slight advantage, then it essentially forces all min/maxxers to play with them or be at a disadvantage if they choose to use a controller

That idea stinks- how am I going to use a M/K on my couch?  M/K for this game is fine for PC- leave consoles alone

Don R1CO NoVa #37 Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:47 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19089 battles
  • [FRONT]

View PostCapn Ratchet45, on 10 December 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

we need more balance,

not MORE imbalance ! 

Capn Ratchet45 #38 Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18211 battles

View Posthmsmystic, on 10 December 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

Your missing the point- it looks you are a min/maxxer (trying to get every advantage possible).  This is not a criticism

Other players may think like you.  If the M/K provides a slight advantage, then it essentially forces all min/maxxers to play with them or be at a disadvantage if they choose to use a controller

That idea stinks- how am I going to use a M/K on my couch?  M/K for this game is fine for PC- leave consoles alone

for the record I do try to get every advantage possible, but wouldn't switch to kb/m, nor do I use xim...just a couple of better joysticks, and a different dpad.  

im playing devils advocate here, I would prefer we all had the same hardware, I also think that xb1 controllers are pathetic for the price of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users