• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Fishfood50 #1 Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 702 battles

Battle heroes

Block Quote

Will we see keyboard and mouse support on the Xbox One?

I don’t have an exact date but I can tell you now that the SDK was released we are working on it.

Now I used to play PC, but for many reasons I quit, one of the main ones was the fact that not everyone was playing with the same advantages. M/K changes the balance and should not even be considered. If someone wants to plug their M/K into the game now there isn't anything we can do to stop them, but making the game compatible will give them some huge advantages and we all know that WG will allow them t do stuff we can't do with a controller.

Well it was good while it lasted, but I recon that's going to be the end of the line for me when this happens.

zZGROGZz #2 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:04 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 18883 battles
Has M&K been confirmed to be coming op? Cant see it happening myself.

!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!

MASHMAN 90 #3 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:09 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 30879 battles

View PostzZGROGZz, on 06 December 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

Has M&K been confirmed to be coming op? Cant see it happening myself.

Yep 

I don’t have an exact date but I can tell you now that the SDK was released we are working on it.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

Merun #4 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10411 battles
  • [FRONT]
http://forum-console...90#entry4624890

Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

I want people to understand because I want to understand as well.

Give us way more Artys including the Sturmtiger.

Yes, I am the one guy with a different opinion.

Don't believe my battle count. It is missing 12355 battles on PC.

SGT Rock 1963 #5 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:15 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 12482 battles
  • [JOCO]

Even if they do, Its not an "unfair" advantage. When the same configuration, Is available to everyone. If you chose not to enable a M/K, Thats your choice, its a disadvantage, But it cant be called unfair.

Merun #6 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10411 battles
  • [FRONT]

View PostFishfood50, on 06 December 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

Well it was good while it lasted, but I recon that's going to be the end of the line for me when this happens.

I unfortunately feel the same.

I was a PC player too and left it because of many reasons. One was inequality. Some players had this mod, some another, many none, some play with high-tech keyboards and mice that have possibilities like makros and things like that, others only have standard IBM keyboards. On Console, all gamers have mostly the same equipment. Elite Controllers only have other button mapping and different shaped sticks if you want that, but stick pads are also available for everyone for low cost. The difference these things make are minimal. The number of buttons for example is still the same on all three consoles. Adding mouse and keyboard throws that equality over board. The aiming would be much more precise in hot battle situations for some than for others. The driving of the tank would be bad for keyboard players as they only have full throttle driving or turning that would throw off the aiming circle. 

Even though keyboard has some flaws, these can be corrected with special expensive gaming keyboards. There are too much possibilities that will ruin the equality. Sure, there are devices already out to plug in whatever you want, but the players using that are very few in World of Tanks I believe. In other games like Halo or especially Call of Duty the numbers should be higher, because these games are way faster.

Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

I want people to understand because I want to understand as well.

Give us way more Artys including the Sturmtiger.

Yes, I am the one guy with a different opinion.

Don't believe my battle count. It is missing 12355 battles on PC.

TocFanKe4 #7 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18985 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostSGT Rock 1963, on 06 December 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Even if they do, Its not an unfair advantage. When the same configuration, Is available to everyone. If you chose not to enable a M/K, Thats your choice, Not a dis-advantage. 

i disagree.  It's a big advantage to aiming and shooting.  It's one of the reasons why PC is slower paced, because people don't miss as much.  Controllers make it easier to drive, so we also have more run and gun.  TD players are going to love M/K.

I'd gladly wait an extra minute for MM balance. 

SteampunkPagan #8 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:41 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 83863 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostSGT Rock 1963, on 06 December 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

Even if they do, Its not an unfair advantage. When the same configuration, Is available to everyone. If you chose not to enable a M/K, Thats your choice, Not a dis-advantage. 

Not everyone is set-up for sitting at a desk playing with a keyboard & mouse, not everyone even has those items today in the world of touch screens & smart phones so yes it is a clear & unbalancing of the playfield.

SPP

EDIT:

If WGCB goes down this PC based path I WILL have NO choice but to move on. I do not play PC I play console I do not even have a mouse & Keyboard any longer my laptop is touch screen.

SPP

Edited by SteampunkPagan, 06 December 2018 - 08:44 PM.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

DA Derpington #9 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6001 battles

Odd question, but does pc allow for controller gameplay? 

I ask, because if not, it's an odd move to allow MK for console...

killer etzi0 #10 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 52511 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 06 December 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Not everyone is set-up for sitting at a desk playing with a keyboard & mouse, not everyone even has those items today in the world of touch screens & smart phones so yes it is a clear & unbalancing of the playfield.

SPP

EDIT:

If WGCB goes down this PC based path I WILL have NO choice but to move on. I do not play PC I play console I do not even have a mouse & Keyboard any longer my laptop is touch screen.

SPP

^^ I might be in this same boat.

So, to keep up, the entire XBox, Xbox One, and PS4 player base will have to learn a new way to control their tanks.....

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

MASHMAN 90 #11 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:48 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 30879 battles

View PostDA Derpington, on 06 December 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

Odd question, but does pc allow for controller gameplay? 

I ask, because if not, it's an odd move to allow MK for console...

Only if you use software and do the control mapping yourself, their are pads you can buy which supports on Xbox/PS and PC.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

SteampunkPagan #12 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 83863 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 06 December 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

i disagree.  It's a big advantage to aiming and shooting.  It's one of the reasons why PC is slower paced, because people don't miss as much.  Controllers make it easier to drive, so we also have more run and gun.  TD players are going to love M/K.

Agree 100% was just talking to someone that plays another game & they say M&K has ruined that game. WT folk have complained about it as well.

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Gramps JC #13 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:01 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18754 battles

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 06 December 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

SPP

EDIT:

SPP

I'm in the same boat...if it comes here,I'll be gone 

Credit to Violet Viper x for Sig

Rubbelito #14 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19556 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostSGT Rock 1963, on 06 December 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

I gotta be honest and say that's a pretty stupid thing to say.
I chose to play console, and not pc, for physical reasons and limitations. I don't really have any choice.

SGT Rock 1963 #15 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:15 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 12482 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 06 December 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

SPP

EDIT:

SPP

I dont have the accessories either, I also play from the couch. Like I said though, Its only a dis-advantage, If you choose not to upgrade. I for one will not upgrade. That is my choice. But it will be available to me.

ThunderChickenX #16 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14831 battles
  • [TRB]

View PostSGT Rock 1963, on 06 December 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

I dont have the accessories either, I also play from the couch. Like I said though, Its only a dis-advantage, If you choose not to upgrade. I for one will not upgrade. That is my choice. But it will be available to me.

Imo, as this is already a pretty casual version of WoT, which features essentially an even playing ground for all who partake (ignoring the discrepancies in graphics/frame rate between the 360 and the other consoles), adding M/K support is a poor move.

"Trying is the first step toward failure." - Homer Simpson

I don't upload much, if ever: www.youtube.com/channel/UCu-MJIN-3uT6m-B3LhHj6

For Those Who Care Spoiler

DA Derpington #17 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6001 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 06 December 2018 - 09:03 PM, said:

I gotta be honest and say that's a pretty stupid thing to say.
I chose to play console, and not pc, for physical reasons and limitations. I don't really have any choice.

Every inch of this.

While I don't have physical limitations, I do have mental health issues and playing pc games has always frustrated me no end. It's why I game on the Xbox after all. So I can't help but wonder if the pc "master race" lot will just start undermining those with limitations more by porting KM across... 

GuderiansGhost #18 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:33 PM

Private

• Players
  • 24044 battles
If I wanted to use a mouse and keyboard to play this game I would have started on pc instead of xbox. Might as well just shut down console version and put all resources into pc if they are just going to be like pc anyways. When m/k comes to console it will be time to retire this game for me. Too bad cause it has been my longest played and pretty much favorite game of all time, even with all the frustrations.

Cpl Derren #19 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22243 battles
  • [DP]
Yeah I left pc and switched to console for a reason. I say no to M/K and pretty much everything everyone else has said against its implementation 

"No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." - Ronald Reagan

USSWISCONSIN94 #20 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9505 battles
  • [47R]
People thinking KM will make that much of a change here lol.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users