Im a greenbean today, and im having the best fun i've had in a long time.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

F4ST-D3V1LS #1 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:39 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18284 battles
  • [NLDBE]

Grinding towards the F4005, the Achilles was godlike but the Challenger was quite "challenging" (i failed hard at the end of the grind) but i must say letting go of my tryhard nature and just go with the flow allowed me to really enjoy the game more.

Unfortunately im not good enough to combine both good fun and high quality gameplay, im really curious how real good players pull that off.

To all those who are in the same boat as me, having good fun is more enjoyable than always trying (and getting) to be on top of the board with the usuall frustrations that come a long with it.

All those heated topics i posted in no longer seem so important to me, i think i (we) take this game a bit too seriously looking back at it.

I hope you are all having fun out there, wot still has it, see you on the battlefield, cheers.

3 Marked tanks: Aufklärungspanzer Panther - Tiger 131 - M36 Jackson - Pz.V/IV "Rammpanzer"

Neurotic Cell #2 Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21661 battles
  • [FLT]
Life is too short to let a game stress you out.  Kudos!

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

LazyCalf5928745 #3 Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:04 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 55826 battles
After 4 loses doing zero damage against two teirs higher the 5th game again bottom teir i turned off the hud ran down to the beach and splashed about in the sea. Of course we won i did nothing but i had a great time.

I'm genuinely an ugly fool without an original thought. I dont have to think for myself and should grow up.

steelheadclan #4 Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14325 battles

That's why I play my fun tanks a lot.

I can get decent stats and have fun.

I also limit my tier 10 play and mostly play tier 6 & 7 as I feel you get better teams there.

Capn Ratchet45 #5 Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:40 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18211 battles

View Poststeelheadclan, on 07 December 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

That's why I play my fun tanks a lot.

I can get decent stats and have fun.

I also limit my tier 10 play and mostly play tier 6 & 7 as I feel you get better teams there.

my gameplan in a nutshell!

Xero M XTC #6 Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10330 battles

View PostLazyCalf5928745, on 07 December 2018 - 03:04 AM, said:

After 4 loses doing zero damage against two teirs higher the 5th game again bottom teir i turned off the hud ran down to the beach and splashed about in the sea. Of course we won i did nothing but i had a great time.

surprised no one came by just to ruin your fun.

scwirpeo #7 Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38360 battles
  • [CRY]

If you like getting stuck in and focus on surviving to at least the last 80% it's easy to have fun and play "well". 

Honestly it's the tank you pick more than anything. You can average a few hundred damage in many tanks and run purple numbers. Frankly tho wn8 isn't worth that much on console, our balance is idiotic and the maps are even worse. Especially this far into the endless spreadsheet nightmare. 

Basically anything not yellow or red is good enough. Otherwise it's as useless as comparing a hand on two different tables of black jack. 

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

Fishfood50 #8 Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:38 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 702 battles
Must admit that with merc contracts I'm playing far more different tanks and having more fun generally in game. Yes my stats are dropping because I'm trying to get stupid requirements done but it's giving me more fun and reasons to play. Hopefully I will keep doing this sort of thing and not get bogged down with stupid grinds in the future. It's a game, it should be fun.

SPUK4U #9 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3288 battles
With this game I have tried 

View PostF4ST-D3V1LS, on 07 December 2018 - 01:39 AM, said:

Grinding towards the F4005, the Achilles was godlike but the Challenger was quite "challenging" (i failed hard at the end of the grind) but i must say letting go of my tryhard nature and just go with the flow allowed me to really enjoy the game more.

Unfortunately im not good enough to combine both good fun and high quality gameplay, im really curious how real good players pull that off.

To all those who are in the same boat as me, having good fun is more enjoyable than always trying (and getting) to be on top of the board with the usuall frustrations that come a long with it.

All those heated topics i posted in no longer seem so important to me, i think i (we) take this game a bit too seriously looking back at it.

I hope you are all having fun out there, wot still has it, see you on the battlefield, cheers.

+1 

I mainly focus on having fun in the game and sometimes I'm a bit selfish when I refuse to take things seriously.

I think that everyone should have at least one tank that is only for fooling around and for me that's Snakebite. Full speed throug the enemy lines to kill arty and back with tank full of holes is a blast. 1 out of 10 its succeeds, but I'm having lots of fun when I look for opening to lanch my hit-and-run attack.  

My favorite tanks: Pz.Kpfw. II Luchs,  Spähpanzer I C, Cromwell Snakebite, AMX Chaffee, Cromwell B, Sherman Firefly Boilermaker, T-34, Pz.Kpfw. III/IV, Defiance Matilda,  Hetzer, T1 Heavy Tank, T14, T29, Captured KV-1, KV-220-2, Tiger 2, Dicker Max, FV305, FV304, Sexton I, leFH18B2.

Xenith_Inc #10 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6100 battles
Slow heavy tanks frustrate me. Fast lights I have fun in, and it's reflected in my performance.

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

PYLE33 #11 Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 6396 battles

I have never been able to reach that sort of zen level with this game. For me the green days are the worst, win rate in the 30% to 40% and when I do get on a winning team I either find myself out of position or in a tank that can't keep up and end up doing nothing meaningful. Like some of the other players that have posted I am finding that tier 7 seems to be a sweet spot and faster mobile tanks are where the enjoyment level takes an upswing. 

Forgot to mention that I am a blueberry player normally but have been playing enough lately that some purple streaks are starting to sneak in here and there when things aren't going badly.

Edited by PYLE33, 07 December 2018 - 02:02 PM.

ZXnIsSd.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users