Jump to content


New Development

camp platoon tier 10

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

drewptwo #1 Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6521 battles
  • 518
  • [T-HED]
  • Member since:
    07-31-2015
I have been away from the game for some time and have returned recently.  I am a little befuddled on something that seems new to me.  Playing last night in a tier 10 match (I was in my tier 8 medium) and two of our tier 10 heavy tanks who were platooned together did not move from the start of the match.  After a few minutes a give one of them a bump with my tank (hoping to vibrate their controller if they were away and get their attention) and they start to move their turret.  After our team gets steamrolled with two of our best tanks out of the picture they all of the sudden come to life and try to take on the whole red team.  Oddly they both had decent stats after looking them up.  I then saw this two more times in different tiers and with different players.  Whats the deal?  People trying to pad stats with getting kills at the end?  I don't recall this happening before.

volcanosarecool #2 Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:43 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32156 battles
  • 338
  • [USAV]
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015
Yes, campers rule these days. I hardly ever play tier 10. After I played a few, I am also in no rush (unlike before) to grind each line up to tier 10. I find it quite boring with most holding down parking spots.

donny007-THX #3 Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:47 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14928 battles
  • 1,804
  • [NLD01]
  • Member since:
    12-18-2017
There seems to be a camper or two in the high tier games as you point out.  I make a note of gamer tag and check results after game to see how they did.  Usually bottom half....so, then if this is a looser strategy, why do it?

Edited by donny007-THX, 07 December 2018 - 02:48 PM.

When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

RAD FROOD 25 #4 Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:52 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18147 battles
  • 1,097
  • [PF201]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014
Yeah I've seen it happen before, it's like they're after the epic medals 

Hypocrite #5 Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:53 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 26962 battles
  • 871
  • [BUNNY]
  • Member since:
    06-09-2014

View Postdonny007-THX, on 07 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

There seems to be a camper or two in the high tier games as you point out.  I make a note of gamer tag and check results after game to see how they did.  Usually bottom half....so, then if this is a looser strategy, why do it?

 

Two big reasons off the top of my head:

 

1) To try and pad their K/D ratio. 

 

2) They believe it's working for them no matter what the evidence indicates. 


"My advisers advise me that killing the advisers is not advised." - the warforge mayor tired of bureaucracy

Yes-Man WarGaming Shill since 2014


donny007-THX #6 Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:08 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14928 battles
  • 1,804
  • [NLD01]
  • Member since:
    12-18-2017
Yea those two are what I would think.  I mean fairly often it is a nice big heavy, with camo and obvious money spent on the game.  There are exceptions.  Have seen a rear guard heavy rack up the damage before.  But for the most part I see it and feel like the team is a tank down to the reds at the start, about as badly as an AFK.
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

ATHFjman18 #7 Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:14 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15642 battles
  • 5,329
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
I’ve seen this nonsense before. It’s not new. No idea what their logic is, but it’s obviously a broken logic...

XT356 #8 Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:29 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5933 battles
  • 785
  • Member since:
    11-07-2013
Had a pershing stay in spawn last night, got surrounded and then he quit the match and self destructed. He never moved. 

I will eat your unhappiness.

"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"


ThRiLl_GmYr #9 Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:33 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18276 battles
  • 1,397
  • Member since:
    01-28-2016
It is called the Sleep and Sweep.  Allow your teammates to weaken the enemy and then you roll out with all your hit points and clean up the broken map.  It can backfire though.  I saw a schmuck sleep and sweep in a Maus a month ago.  

drewptwo #10 Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6521 battles
  • 518
  • [T-HED]
  • Member since:
    07-31-2015

View PostHypocrite, on 07 December 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

 

Two big reasons off the top of my head:

 

1) To try and pad their K/D ratio. 

 

2) They believe it's working for them no matter what the evidence indicates. 

 

View PostATHFjman18, on 07 December 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

I’ve seen this nonsense before. It’s not new. No idea what their logic is, but it’s obviously a broken logic...

Pretty sure it was this.  But it was clear they were needed to even have a fighting chance at winning the game.  But instead they just sat there.  Also the fact that their stats were as good as they were (I think 1500 and 1800 WN8 with one player having almost 60,000 games) blew me away.  I can't even imagine that type of gameplay is fun, but to each their own.



Albapfalzd3 #11 Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:52 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16368 battles
  • 1,587
  • Member since:
    04-07-2017

View Postdrewptwo, on 07 December 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

I have been away from the game for some time and have returned recently.  I am a little befuddled on something that seems new to me.  Playing last night in a tier 10 match (I was in my tier 8 medium) and two of our tier 10 heavy tanks who were platooned together did not move from the start of the match.  After a few minutes a give one of them a bump with my tank (hoping to vibrate their controller if they were away and get their attention) and they start to move their turret.  After our team gets steamrolled with two of our best tanks out of the picture they all of the sudden come to life and try to take on the whole red team.  Oddly they both had decent stats after looking them up.  I then saw this two more times in different tiers and with different players.  Whats the deal?  People trying to pad stats with getting kills at the end?  I don't recall this happening before.

 

So after a few minutes you drove your medium all the way back to your spawn to give give one a gentle bump or did you stay there with them the entire time waiting for them to wake up? See what I am getting at? The whole time you were worried about them your team was out 3 tanks and not 2. This stuff happens, you just got to roll out and do the best you can do without worrying about the AFK tanks back at spawn. It sucks when your team is out just 1 gun at the beginning of the match let alone 2 but out 3 guns is really painful. And the answer to your last question is probably but it usually doesn't work as they get steamrolled too quickly for them to be able to take out more than one or two low health tanks. Especially when the Red team still has 8 or 9 tanks (if not more) all rushing them at the same time trying to be the one who gets the last frag.

 

Roy



kromhout55 #12 Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:53 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28423 battles
  • 585
  • Member since:
    01-26-2017

Another thing I have seen with campers is aiming their gun barrel skywards as if they are on ack-ack duty.

Either as they remain where they spawned or, as they move off to their camping spot.

Anyone got an explaination?



drewptwo #13 Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:00 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6521 battles
  • 518
  • [T-HED]
  • Member since:
    07-31-2015

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 07 December 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

 

So after a few minutes you drove your medium all the way back to your spawn to give give one a gentle bump or did you stay there with them the entire time waiting for them to wake up? See what I am getting at? The whole time you were worried about them your team was out 3 tanks and not 2. This stuff happens, you just got to roll out and do the best you can do without worrying about the AFK tanks back at spawn. It sucks when your team is out just 1 gun at the beginning of the match let alone 2 but out 3 guns is really painful. And the answer to your last question is probably but it usually doesn't work as they get steamrolled too quickly for them to be able to take out more than one or two low health tanks. Especially when the Red team still has 8 or 9 tanks (if not more) all rushing them at the same time trying to be the one who gets the last frag.

 

Roy

 

I was up fighting second line defense as they reds were pushing a flank.  That flank got steamrolled and it was during my retreat (if I made a stand it was me in a T8 against 6 or 7 rushing T10) that I noticed they had not moved.  Thats when I tried to wake them up so there would be 3 guns in the fight instead of one.  Instead they waited until I was killed then started moving as the last 2 tanks.  I participated in the battle along side of my team.  I am not one to spend the whole match trying to get someone who won't move to do so.  Was a last ditch effort.

 

They also happened to be in the last position between the base and advancing reds that had cover at that point.


Edited by drewptwo, 07 December 2018 - 05:01 PM.


Albapfalzd3 #14 Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:24 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16368 battles
  • 1,587
  • Member since:
    04-07-2017

View Postdrewptwo, on 07 December 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

 

I was up fighting second line defense as they reds were pushing a flank.  That flank got steamrolled and it was during my retreat (if I made a stand it was me in a T8 against 6 or 7 rushing T10) that I noticed they had not moved.  Thats when I tried to wake them up so there would be 3 guns in the fight instead of one.  Instead they waited until I was killed then started moving as the last 2 tanks.  I participated in the battle along side of my team.  I am not one to spend the whole match trying to get someone who won't move to do so.  Was a last ditch effort.

 

They also happened to be in the last position between the base and advancing reds that had cover at that point.

 

You didn't make that very clear in your original post so I apologize. 

 

Roy



drewptwo #15 Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:29 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6521 battles
  • 518
  • [T-HED]
  • Member since:
    07-31-2015

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 07 December 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

 

You didn't make that very clear in your original post so I apologize. 

 

Roy

 

No worries.  I didn't take it in a negative manner.  I really didn't explain that part very well.  I was trying to keep from making it too long of a rant.  Even if I did as you stated it probably would have the same effect.  Was bouncing every shot even with APCR.  Wasted a boat load of silver that match. :playing:

Z0MB13A55A51N #16 Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:47 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 57896 battles
  • 796
  • [C-GUL]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2013
Your lucky it was only two tanks.  I would say at least two thirds of my team sits at spawn for about 30 seconds to a minute every game.  It's terrible, I wish everyone started with cruise control on for the first minute just to force them to move and do something.  But then again if they did that I am sure you would just end up with ten tanks driving in circles so maybe not a good idea.

drewptwo #17 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:08 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6521 battles
  • 518
  • [T-HED]
  • Member since:
    07-31-2015

View PostZ0MB13A55A51N, on 07 December 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

Your lucky it was only two tanks.  I would say at least two thirds of my team sits at spawn for about 30 seconds to a minute every game.  It's terrible, I wish everyone started with cruise control on for the first minute just to force them to move and do something.  But then again if they did that I am sure you would just end up with ten tanks driving in circles so maybe not a good idea.

 

I agree this happens often.  This occurrence and the others were closer to 3 or 4 minutes into the match before they started moving. 





Also tagged with camp, platoon, tier 10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users