• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

DA Derpington #41 Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:24 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8811 battles
  • [CNUT]

View Postdreadnought8283, on 09 December 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

Yup that's pretty much what I was afraid of tho I really haven't invested much into this game so it will stink to see her go, but if it happens I have other backups to play so I'll survive 

same, but it's not really the point though... It's in WG's interest to see this survive, if only for the sake of their pockets. Not that this would happen, but if wg switched to a cosmetic only approach to cashing in, like the games I mentioned before, then the revenue generated through advertising alone would still be enough to see the game survive another decade. 

Pay to win, like in SW Battlefront, just drives people away. Every gamer under the sun hates micro transactions and most publishers are hearing this (except EA, because reasons). So why WG aren't switching to a more user friendly system is beyond me, sure have premiums, but don't make their damage potential so drastic compared to their normal counterparts. Hell, people would still buy premiums if the only bonuses you got was a cool skin as well as silver and xp boosts. There's just no need for the power creep, because it comes off as greedy and damaging to the entire gamer base.

DefiantSpurr #42 Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14239 battles
  • [BNKR]

I like his channel where he tries to play it as free to play.

One of the gripes I had with many vids was that the often gave a distorted perception of the tank in question due to premium items, and high skill crews . Hence why I'm doing my zero skill reviews.

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

scwirpeo #43 Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41382 battles
  • [CRY]

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 08 December 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

The easy route would have been just the reskinned merc tree people wanted the merc tanks take much more effort to implement. And a people are choosing to be alienated. I find it hard no one has any tank combinations that came to mind at the thought. Face reality there aren't enough real tanks blueprints or otherwise for significant enough content that pc isn't already working on. But withers now the console team has a unique console exclusive idea that even allows for players to give ideas for new tanks that wouldn't be possible otherwise. My gf really wants a tiger with an is3 turret. I know I kinda want  to see a cool Chinese type 59 merc. No it's not the change members of the community wanted but they're here now so what makes more sense continuing to complain or embracing it and trying to shape the mercs into something you'd enjoy? I'm not saying like it or leave it but mercs as they are have really great potential especially for adding longevity to the tank pool. 

That's what clan wars and clan based development was supposed to do. So instead we get tanks that even when they are historical WGCB can't be bothered to update the correct suspension on.

The Merc tanks are lazy, it's a sign of what's been going on in console development since PS4 got added in. They are spread too thin and don't have the capacity to make any meaningful changes to the game anymore. For most average players Merc tanks are just another useless tank they won't ever play like 99% of the TT. 

More tanks in a game with 600+ tanks is exactly what won't keep people playing in the long run. No matter how much gold they try to fleece people for using them.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

AskingCupid78 #44 Posted 09 December 2018 - 02:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 47758 battles

Qb is right, pay2 win tanks are turning people avay, because they think it is no way they can progress without spending alot of money, we have some of them on console, Us "Sexoffender" tier 3 artillery, Pz5/4 tier 5 medium, having a brain is optional to do well in this tank, and you can probaly think of a couple of other tanks.

Another thing is the Merc"tanks" that they are pushing out and laying on absolutely stupid amounts of extra armor to make them "Noobproof", just like the Minuteman, i suggest people take a look at the armorprofile of the "Hardcase".

There is no way to find out how to maximise credits and Xp exept seeing videos from QB and so on, thats why we get absolute potatoes camping base and "protecting artillery or defending the base the entire game" or cappernoobs that dont understand that it gives more Xp and credits to spot and shoot enemies.

Another thing is that they are obviously prioritising Merc"tanks", instead of trying to create New maps, or trying to figure out how to fix problems like balancing artillery.

And as a finale note i would also like to recomend "Dezgames" and "Klaus Kellerman". both good channels, and Retro jule for console.

Edited by AskingCupid78, 09 December 2018 - 02:39 PM.

rarickp1973 #45 Posted 09 December 2018 - 05:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13813 battles
  • [AMVET]

View PostCoupdeteat, on 08 December 2018 - 04:52 AM, said:

Wow, someone made a video saying something. Does it really matter? I’ll be playing until I get bored or the servers turn off. Some people take this game way too seriously. 

Me too man...that is all
signature.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users