Crap tanks

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Jope2209 #41 Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34676 battles

View PostJodmeister, on 11 December 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

The Conway; can't hide, no armour, not great view range, a gun that trolls you when you need it most. And then it throws in a great match just to stop you ditching it. 

Conway erased me more than once, I'm always thinking like, ''Oh thank God almighty there's no Deathstar'', that's just a squishy Conway...Then I get hit with that HESH round, half of my modules turn red and 3 of my crewmen get massacred. I don't know about that one, was it buffed lately or something?

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

FRlGHTKNIGHT #42 Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9469 battles
  • [ASYLM]
The 110 sucks. Don't like the IS KV85 or the IS2 either. Also hate a few russiam lights. Churchill is crap, so is the black prince.

Jope2209 #43 Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34676 battles

View PostI own Petsmart, on 11 December 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

Any high tier russian medium because you know you’re about to get spammed with 330 heat pen when you see one.

:teethhappy:

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

killer etzi0 #44 Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58967 battles
  • [47R]
Gonna have to submit the A-44 to this list.... that tank is so bad that I decided NOT to grind through to the tier IX and X (which I understand are fantastic tanks)

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

Jope2209 #45 Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34676 battles

View Postkiller etzi0, on 11 December 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

Gonna have to submit the A-44 to this list.... that tank is so bad that I decided NOT to grind through to the tier IX and X (which I understand are fantastic tanks)

Lol, spot on etzi0, that's the bad one for sure. But I pushed trough it, and as you said literally all tanks after that one are nice, especially 430 II and 430 U.

killer etzi0 #46 Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58967 battles
  • [47R]

View PostJope2209, on 11 December 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Lol, spot on etzi0, that's the bad one for sure. But I pushed trough it, and as you said literally all tanks after that one are nice, especially 430 II and 430 U.

kudos to you for pushing through. Me, blah couldn't take it but for a few games. I even used my free XP to skip to the last gun. That tank has nothing going for it.. and the 3* degrees of gun depression.. lol (yes I know you have to turn the tank around and fire over the side or even rear deck) oh, did I mention the aim in time? Yeikkkiess..!!

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

The Big G BO #47 Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 93996 battles
I do OK in multi shooters, but hate to play against them, especially the multi shooter lights. POP POP POP POP POP and there gone, you feel as though you been tank raped, violated with no recourse. I guess I hated playing the first package of the American Heavies in the old days, they were so slow and started with the no hit 76 gun. The gun bounced off everything back then and I hated it. It's hard to grind XP when your bouncing.

Three 60 Mafia #48 Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:22 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12437 battles
  • [RDDTX]

View PostMerun, on 11 December 2018 - 06:18 AM, said:

Nearly every russian tank. T-34-85, SU-85B and KV-85 are my highest there. I can't really describe it, but the feeling of these tanks is terrible and I have nearly no fun playing them and because of that, I am not good with them.

Clearly you never played KV-85 with 100mm. Great gun handling, accuracy for russian gun, and sweet 2500dpm. Let those idiots with 122mm take 14 sec to reload while you DPM them down. 

Official Chrysler K Salesman (Owner of 2 Chrysler K Tanks) - HMH Chrysler K - 3 MoE | Chrysler K - 3 MoE
My YouTube Channel - http://gaming.youtube.com/three60mafia 

steelheadclan #49 Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15609 battles
  • [REAL]

Type 64. 

I do ok in it but my win rate is low and my performance is spotty. 

It’s either feast or famine in it. 

I still enjoy playing it but it's not one of my daily producers. 

My big games in it are glorious so stays in my favorites list. 

MyFatHands #50 Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:50 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14936 battles
  • [TRZ]
The whole deathstar line. I'm never touching a turret less tank again. 

Afro Palestine #51 Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57037 battles
  • [HKC]

View PostJope2209, on 11 December 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Word up, one has to ask what was the reason for Brits to put such a crap engines in tanks.

Tanks didn't need to travel hundreds of miles anymore.

iNsaneMilesy #52 Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:41 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16412 battles
  • [XXXCP]
Centennial T95. Considering its supposed to be a Tier8 Chieftain, have rifled barrel 90mm gun, a huge cupola, excellent turret armour and designed to go hull down, you would think this 100 year trophy tank would perform well given its expensive price point........ but hell no, its handles like trash and is an embarrassment to what it represents. Its top speed is 42kmh, you cant quickly chase, escape or ride hills.... so you are forced to go hull down, except that huge cupola actually has very low sight range and very weak armour, so if you stop moving, you will always have it shot at. Making your thick turret armour useless. Its weak hull armour would be fine if it could go over 50kmh and allowed you to dodge easily, but no. If your hull is hit, almost always you ammo gets damaged. The gun is specifically a RIFLED 90mm gun, yet has worse penetration than most guns in its peer group. Its takes forever to zero and reload is very long for its gun type. At its fastest 7 seconds on avg. Despite its low height and being covered in camouflage, its camo rating is terrible... its worse than an Indien Pzr which is a taller tank. This tank is the Basic Gold M4 of Tier 8. Its just crap, but I really want to love it. The armour on the Cupola needs to be buffed to match its peers and turrent armour. Its Camo needs a buff as does its sight range. The ability to go hull down would make up for its weak hull, balancing the fact enemies will have to surround it, as with similar tanks of other nations. The british line has always been disrespected, the Centurions only just got a realistic buff to their turret armour which has really helped them be the excellent tanks history proves they were. The Centennial deserves the same treatment. No other nations equivalent tanks have the same weakness as this tank does, making it very unbalanced. Even logically, why have a very tough turret when your cupola is made from paper?! No other tank has this. Every other tank that has a larger cupola, its armour is on par with the rest of turret.
THIRTY CORPS (XXXCP)

f1mitku #53 Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 48068 battles

Lawgiver.

1. It’s steaming PoS and I’v got this PoS just because it was the last available active contract for me some time ago. But I still feel I’ve wasted my time and don’t like it softly saying. Sluggish, paper turret, low pen thus low damage; slow shell speed (some tanks can outrun its shell maybe). Trying to trade and derp with HE (or HEAT) in close range someone and get constantly rolls of under 20 range until you die is not fun. And sniping with these slow shells and bad accuracy is almost impossible. It has basically nothing. Another dust collector in the garage.

Maybe if it was PMM Tier III (not regular T-IV) it would be bearable. And I would say that Caboose is better which itself speaks a lot.

2. Nobody plays this PoS and it will take forever trying to kill one for this impossible Expert: Mercenaries badge. And I also don’t play it because lately it’s pointless to play in these low tiers due to the Ops.

I would add another one - The Useless (a.k.a. The Nameless). The reasoning is - useless gun due to its awful gun depression. My worst purchase ever.

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

P3NNYPACK3R #54 Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:08 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14465 battles
  • [47R-2]

View PostiNsaneMilesy, on 22 March 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

Centennial T95. Considering its supposed to be a Tier8 Chieftain, have rifled barrel 90mm gun, a huge cupola, excellent turret armour and designed to go hull down, you would think this 100 year trophy tank would perform well given its expensive price point........ but hell no, its handles like trash and is an embarrassment to what it represents. Its top speed is 42kmh, you cant quickly chase, escape or ride hills.... so you are forced to go hull down, except that huge cupola actually has very low sight range and very weak armour, so if you stop moving, you will always have it shot at. Making your thick turret armour useless. Its weak hull armour would be fine if it could go over 50kmh and allowed you to dodge easily, but no. If your hull is hit, almost always you ammo gets damaged. The gun is specifically a RIFLED 90mm gun, yet has worse penetration than most guns in its peer group. Its takes forever to zero and reload is very long for its gun type. At its fastest 7 seconds on avg. Despite its low height and being covered in camouflage, its camo rating is terrible... its worse than an Indien Pzr which is a taller tank. This tank is the Basic Gold M4 of Tier 8. Its just crap, but I really want to love it. The armour on the Cupola needs to be buffed to match its peers and turrent armour. Its Camo needs a buff as does its sight range. The ability to go hull down would make up for its weak hull, balancing the fact enemies will have to surround it, as with similar tanks of other nations. The british line has always been disrespected, the Centurions only just got a realistic buff to their turret armour which has really helped them be the excellent tanks history proves they were. The Centennial deserves the same treatment. No other nations equivalent tanks have the same weakness as this tank does, making it very unbalanced. Even logically, why have a very tough turret when your cupola is made from paper?! No other tank has this. Every other tank that has a larger cupola, its armour is on par with the rest of turret.

Well said, this is a fantastic looking tank that is absolutely bogged down by several glaring disappointments in design. I agree 100 % with the points made here. Really want to enjoy this tank, but.....

swimwithwhales #55 Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:21 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40565 battles
Slow tanks (apart from the T95 k) Black Prince, Jap heavies, Deadbolt, Minuteman, VK 100 and my current 3 mark project the AMX 13 57.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people"

banner.png?0.8023747053535346

FinlandRed #56 Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:32 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21766 battles

View PostJope2209, on 11 December 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

Ohhh, the joy of ram/shoot combo that Vivienne delivers. :teethhappy:

I get you, but it's a very popular tank, many peeps drive it. I have it myself and to be honest it's a way to do some stress-free tanking. Ability? Not sure, yes tank is super OP when top tier, but it can also see tier VII (Tigers and T29's) so for them it's nothing but a juicy snack.

You might be doing it wrong. It can do well in VII games if played very carefully. The trouble is that most players can't get out of the "Banzai!" mindset when they drive. Personally, ramming is action of last resort regardless of target.

For me the E100. I used to be able to do really well in it. Got to 92% MoE. Now it feels like it strugggles with the changes in the meta some days. Wanted to 3 mark it because after more than 2000 games it's a bit personal. If I every manage it, I'll quit WoT for good.

Jherry Angel #57 Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:35 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 34452 battles

Never really got on with Russian tanks.  Tried, and tried hard, but nope.  Not for me.

And as a left-field answer: the absence of a certain type of tank really frustrates me ie the lack of a British Light line beyond Tier IV.  Insult to injury when they made the Crusader a Medium!

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 

XGNgiveitT0ya #58 Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11477 battles
The one that auto aim snapshots me full speed on the move aiming off the side of the tank.

panthermark #59 Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13342 battles

T-34-88....or anything with the bottom level German 88 (KV 30.02D and base Indien PZ)

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

Vorpallion #60 Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6569 battles
  • [ICC1]

View PostMilitaryGoose05, on 11 December 2018 - 06:29 AM, said:

The Grant, or the Lee.

When I first started the game this Tier IV grind almost killed me, having no free EXP to skip packages.  Heaven only knows what it must be like these days when Tier IV tanks almost exclusively see V's and VI's.

It's really bad. 
I actually enjoyed the Lee back when I first started. Felt like a pretty good tier IV with fantastic gun. If you played it like a TD and used your armor you were pretty competitive. 

But now with Absolutions and V/IV's everywhere you just get absolutely wrecked in short order. Did not enjoy my time with the Grant at all. I don't think I had a single match at top tier. 

Also tagged with Crap tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users