The 'Brick' is a Dud, Here's Why

Brick Mercenary Heavy Premium Review Opinion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Obsulus 07 #21 Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:20 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 32285 battles

That's just the thing: It's a Tier-8 equivalent to the T-14 Heavy. The armor works until the smaller tanks spam gold, and your gun will work on equal-tier tanks; as soon as you do the same.

You're correct. It's not all as bad as some of the comments have said. But it certainly isn't up to par until you load the APCR. I don't want to play that way. And I don't think I should have to if the FCM has a far better gun with preferential matchmaking.

abhiop741 #22 Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32596 battles
  • [DICO]

View PostObsulus 07, on 29 December 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

That's just the thing: It's a Tier-8 equivalent to the T-14 Heavy. The armor works until the smaller tanks spam gold, and your gun will work on equal-tier tanks; as soon as you do the same.

You're correct. It's not all as bad as some of the comments have said. But it certainly isn't up to par until you load the APCR. I don't want to play that way. And I don't think I should have to if the FCM has a far better gun with preferential matchmaking.

We are in agreement. On the other hand I doubt Wargaming will give the Brick a better gun and a PMM. If they do something it will be a buff for the gun or a PMM ! For instance they buff a few monthes ago the gun of the Type 59 Patton. Before the Type 59 Patton had not really a better gun than the Type 59, had a more vulnerable turret and no PMM. Now, with 212/250 mm penetration, the Type 59 Patton performs well without a PMM !
Once an active contributor on the French forum of WoT.

Obsulus 07 #23 Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:11 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 32285 battles

I don't want PMM for the Brick. I like giving grief to higher-tier tanks. However, the Brick's current gun doesn't let it do that. I think that in the Brick's case; the effectiveness of the gun is half of the tank's armor. The E-50M can get away with a slow-ish gun at Tier-10 (for a medium) because the gun can do damage reliably. It also gets around much better.

Also tagged with Brick, Mercenary, Heavy, Premium, Review, Opinion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users