Tanks APCR Gold rounds Wargaming patch

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

xX8DeSTRoYeR8Xx #201 Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:26 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19439 battles
  • [ACE]
Here’s what I think is a better alternative than just nerfing “special rounds” that PC wants to do. That is making the advantages of using different round types for different purposes. So, getting rid of “special rounds” and adjusting our current system to allow use to pick what rounds you’d like.
AP- best all rounder, keeps same average damage, cheapest, good shell velocity, does pretty good again spaced armor.
APCR/HVAP-decreased damage per round due to less explosive power, high shell velocity, slightly higher penetration, does good with spaced armor, but loses penatration over distance quicker.
HEAT- same average damage as AP rounds, highest penetration of all rounds, slower shell velocity, bad against spaced armor/tracks, 10% decrease in accuracy when using this shell type, more expensive than AP or APCR.
HESH/HEP- would like to see this round given a little bit more of a competitive edge on some tanks that use this
HE- give different advantages of using this round over HESH, higher damage when not penetrated?

Also, all premium rounds should have nerfed pen. Lets use tier 10 heat rounds for example, as I said HEAT rounds will have the best pen of all rounds. Also depending on the gun.
lights-260mm-290mm.
Heavies- 280-310
Mediums- 300-330
Destroyers- 320-350
And have APCR inbetween HEAT pen values and AP pen values.

I think the skill should be used on what round type to use in certain situations. Now this doesn’t mean I don’t think some heavily armored tanks shouldn’t be modified a little with these changes too.

CyberGopher #202 Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19860 battles
You guys put so much thought into “what you think” about this and that.

You realize they don’t care right?

FuzzySquirrel21 #203 Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11457 battles

View PostCyberGopher, on 26 December 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

You guys put so much thought into “what you think” about this and that.

You realize they don’t care right?

We all know that WG don’t care about their playerbase as the dwindling population speaks for itself.

I think this is just a general discussion amongst ourselves. 

amanwiththree #204 Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:12 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 30397 battles

Restrict the amount that you can carry at tier X to five or something.

One advantage might be that the games last more than 5 minutes.

Losing 80% of your HP on the receiving end of a single premium round just now fired from a tank two tiers higer is just plain irritating and often ruins your game.

The amount of it around as well, when an aimed round at a weak point instead using normal ammo could have done the trick.

Sometimes premium ammo is necessary, ie my Hellcat given that I see tier VIII in it all the time, but special occasions only.

Camping is killing this game

Thee Turtle God #205 Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:26 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43222 battles
Lol if you think firing prem allows you to become a unicum,.. wow. I wouldn't mind the update though :) people will finally stop whining.

Thee Turtle God #206 Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:28 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43222 battles

View Postamanwiththree, on 26 December 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

Restrict the amount that you can carry at tier X to five or something.

One advantage might be that the games last more than 5 minutes.

Losing 80% of your HP on the receiving end of a single premium round just now fired from a tank two tiers higer is just plain irritating and often ruins your game.

The amount of it around as well, when an aimed round at a weak point instead using normal ammo could have done the trick.

Sometimes premium ammo is necessary, ie my Hellcat given that I see tier VIII in it all the time, but special occasions only.

lol "special occasions only" and hellcat in the same sentence XDDDDDDDD

swindle 321 #207 Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:11 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38890 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostThee Turtle God, on 26 December 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

Lol if you think firing prem allows you to become a unicum,.. wow. I wouldn't mind the update though :) people will finally stop whining.

No they won't, they'll just find something else to moan about. I wonder what it'd be though... "I'd be a unicum if I used an automatic fire extinguisher too, but that's EZ mode and I'm grinding silver" lol.

YouTube

KD9WjLi.jpg

SpartanFire71 #208 Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23814 battles
So will being -2 will now be worse? Was that the "intent"

There are still some severe frustrations, but I still love to play.

Also tagged with Tanks, APCR, Gold rounds, Wargaming, patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users