Silver bonuses

Gone less

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

stegly #1 Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:06 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9842 battles
since yesterday's update I've noticed that the silver earned in war stories has dropped , you can use booster but it still falls short is this a glitch or the way things are going to be from now on !

Jope2209 #2 Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34676 battles
There are threads about it already, and it appears that this time it's intentional nerf. It makes existance of these PvE modes questionable and further development futile, but WoT it is.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

stegly #3 Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9842 battles
Thanks mate !  

SlinkyNutria1 #4 Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 67826 battles
Yep, i play potemkin, use to get 60,000 - 110,000 silver.  Today, 14,000 -28,000 silver.  General note, the europe server was not giving the 200% bonus for winning but the NA server was giving the bonus.  I think I have 10 wins to go for a garage slot, will play for that, then done with war stories.  Same thing happened to co-op play in proving grounds a couple updates ago.  To bad for new players, it was a nice way to make some silver, even though boring, without the issues with MP. 

Ronin Gaidin #5 Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:55 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35840 battles

Ran a couple games in WS - LFE last night to see if the rumors were true. 

First I drove my new Stock Object 705 (Tier IX Russian Heavy, new line after the IS-M). Completed all objectives, got all bonuses. Got the two +25% XP Ops and one Silver Bonus Op. Total XP was a little over 1,800 where last week that game would have probably got me 3,600, so it looks like XP was cut in HALF. On the Silver front, using no consumables and standard ammo all the way, I LOST a few thousand Silver. 

Also ran my JgTg 8,8 to see how that would go. Hit all objectives, got two Silver Ops, standard ammo, no consumables used. Put up a good game that previously would have pulled in 80-90k Silver. This game netted 55k. A bit over 1,500 XP, which is also about half of what you would get previously. 

So, um, yeah........    

View PostJope2209, on 19 December 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

There are threads about it already, and it appears that this time it's intentional nerf. It makes existance of these PvE modes questionable and further development futile, but WoT it is.

Pretty much that. :(

RCAFRaven #6 Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:24 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7413 battles
Yup. I go into the red in silver on pretty much all of the scenarios when I take out a high tier tank (or even a mid-tier tank with expensive ammo like the T29).

War Stories used to be a place where you could grind out a new crew so you didn't have to face all the scumbag seal clubbers at tier 5 without at least BiA and 6th sense for skills... not anymore, unless you're willing to pay.

Pure unadulterated bullsh*t. Worse, they still haven't fixed some bugs in the game's engine while they're busy dinking around with stuff like making sure War Stories isn't too attractive.

Here's a suggestion, geniuses: If you're so worried about people making a buck or two, make WS silver-neutral. Allow people to grind out some XP but zero-sum the silver. Easy-peasy.

WaffleHead32 #7 Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:16 AM

Private

• Players
  • 21415 battles
Yea about that new 4.8 update I've also spent some money over the past several years buying gold packs so i could purchase premium account on my WOTs game, and now the Warstories mode silver payouts have twindled down next to nothing! Is this really how any company should treat their good paying customers? Well if so,then so be it, but as I had already stated to customer support many times over in a ticket i created the other day,I won't be reaching back into my pockets,to spend anymore money on any Wargaming games,etc.anytime in the future,until they want to treat good paying customers with more respect! So please Wargaming WOTs developers,please come to a more rational descision on this matter,and let your gamers at least enjoy what their paying for! So please change back the Silver payouts when customers have bought and paid for, to have Premium accounts in WarStories mode play!

liambobson #8 Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:55 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5050 battles
Yep, used to make 50k plus in my tier 10s and premium tanks. Now I'm barely making anything. Me and my mate enjoy playing through the stories to escape from the drama of mulitplayer and now it's pointless. Really hope they change it back!

BigZoomBear #9 Posted 23 December 2018 - 10:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52783 battles
I'll be playing more WS to make up for it. I bought some tanks specifically for WS, I won't buy any more higher tier tanks unless they change it back. They will have lost money from me.

"It's all about the K/D ratio." - Rommel;  "Winning matters, not WN8" - Churchill;

"MoEs are worthless if your win rate is below 60%" - Montgomery

Medals: 3 Pools, 6 Oskins, 12 Orliks, 33 Radley-Walters, 69 Kolobanovs, 93 Devastators, 1437 Top Guns. Survivor: 41 battles.

DoomDeliverer4 #10 Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:18 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11358 battles
In my opinion, if you play a chapter in WS and win having met all of the chapters criteria then you shouldn't lose silver. I understand WG not wanting to pay out huge sums of silver. But when you go and play something like Live Fire Exercise in a tier VIII, knock out 9+ red tanks, do 6000+ damage, do X amount of assist damage, spot 5+ red tanks, take little to no damage to your own tank, fire nothing but standard ammo, use no consumables,  meet/exceed  the chapter criteria (i.e. win) and end up losing 9000+ silver...that's just not right to me. That makes playing WS above Tier VI or VII completely useless.

BISONOPOLIS #11 Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:27 AM

Private

• Players
  • 5787 battles

I contacted WG on the whole silver/xp nerf and this was their response - 

"earnings on higher tier tanks in WS had a math error and were giving way too much silver and xp. It was not the intent of War Stories to be an exploit for earning and training crews outside of Random Battles and has been adjusted."

WS came out over a year ago and they just noticed a math error now? So, was Proving Grounds a math error too? But you're absolutely right, guys, WS is a nice alternative to the drama of multiplayer. And paying customers deserve better treatment. I've purchased many tier VIII's specifically for grinding in WS. These premium tanks are extremely expensive and at the very least we should get ample benefits from our investments. I REFUSE to pay for silver dlc or xp boosts when I've already paid through the nose for a tank that should be crapping piles of it.

Edited by BISONOPOLIS, 14 January 2019 - 11:47 PM.

DoomDeliverer4 #12 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11358 battles
Well this is too bad really. My son loved playing some of my upper tier tanks in WS because he didn't feel comfortable playing them in random/mixed matchup games and he didn't want to ruin other peoples games . But he doesn't play them or any tanks anymore because now WS causes the player to lose silver despite winning.  He was just playing for fun (which is what WS was created for I thought) and not to lose despite winning. All they've gone and done is take something they created for people to play and enjoy and pretty much made it useless for playing tiers VII and up. Unless of course the player actually enjoys losing thousands in silver each game despite winning just for the privilege of playing WS while gaining absolutely nothing in return. Couple all this with PG being pretty much useless and there's nowhere for players to go who don't feel like playing in random/mixed matchup games or for younger and newer players to go and learn without bleeding red. They will end up quitting the game or head out into random/mixed matchup games where they will probably get repeatedly obliterated and/or sent salty messages and end up quitting. Begs the question...why even have WS and PG?

BISONOPOLIS #13 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:38 AM

Private

• Players
  • 5787 battles

Paying customers should not loose silver on anything. If anyone should be docked, let it be the freeloading tankers who refuse to give a dime to this franchise. It's rotten enough we have to pay to convert premium xp to free xp when we've already paid for the tank. But now you screw over your premium customers who paid good money for tier 7 and 8's specifically to train offline. Why even create these offline modes, only to punish those who use them?

Edited by BISONOPOLIS, 14 January 2019 - 11:46 PM.

Hamdoon13 #14 Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:24 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13229 battles
  • [OD1N]

WG was up in arms about WS earnings as it was "abusive" according to them.

an average game on the recent chapters takes around 20 minutes to complete and it earns you around 80-100k silver depending on your consumables and ammunition types you are using. repeating WS over and over is boring so you are self-forced to go back to the toxic MP with your toxic platoon once you are rested. 

WG please understand, I am a veteran player who has done most of his grinding share. I don't have to hurt my heart over grinding any new release anymore, I will just go ahead and free xp the heck out of that line if I want the tank at the end of it. Sometimes I like to play WoT but I don't have the patience to tolerate MP toxicity and stupidity all together, so what was the best alternative? Yup I guess I heard you right; it was WAR STORIES!! Unfortunately I don't get the pleasure to play WoT on daily basis anymore thanks to some nerd over your office saying "Guys WS is being abused. Lets beat the rewarding of that mode with our nerfing bat". 

Thank you for keeping players away from your game. BTW this is not the first time you nerf the income of WS and buff it again. I am expecting this to be the last foolish act after you re-buff it again.  

Before I forget, I got tens of millions of silver, another million+ free xp, millions of xp to be converted should I need, and hundreds of thousands of gold (which I abused Hero War chest to compensate most of the premium tanks that I already owe for their gold value). 

Edited by phanto0om89, 03 January 2019 - 10:40 AM.

Zxyphos #15 Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18182 battles
  • [RATT]
I knew they would nerf WS completely into the ground eventually. Thank goodness I have well over one hundred million silver otherwise I'd be ticked off. 

real FUGAR #16 Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 24241 battles
  • [OTO]
Too bad, havent played all war stories yet. But i guess cutting the Boni fits with reduced Premium Tank silver netting.  Got some Gold from Winter Games though, but i guess because i paid Premium.

My eternity is longer than Yours _ Make boosters selectable consumables after battle, rather than a RNG MM wager _ The tallest ones confirm: MM is not broken, its ADVANCED

WoT WoT   oTo (put nuts and bolt logo in here) 

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/37825507

real FUGAR #17 Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 24241 battles
  • [OTO]

View PostBISONOPOLIS, on 03 January 2019 - 04:38 AM, said:

I planned on getting the new T32 Proto and M4 to add to my enormous premium collection, but since WG has ruined WS for me I'm thoroughly disgusted with how this company treats it's paying customers. Nerfing silver and xp was a total scumbag move. Downright dirty, heartless move guys. This may come as a shock, but not everyone likes playing multiplayer. I enjoy this game more solo. I'm definitely good enough for online, but by nature I don't enjoy playing with others. I'm an introvert. And because of this I LOSE silver?! Even when I win? And you expect people to buy more tanks with this stunt? You realize how hard it is to obtain silver? Paying customers should NOT loose silver on anything! ANYTHING. If anyone, only freeloading tankers who refuse to give a dime should be docked. Had I known you'd crap on your paying players so badly I would've stopped feeding your evil machine long ago. Your premium customers are the reason you have jobs. And it's rotten enough we have to pay to convert premium xp to free xp when we've already paid for the tank. But now you screw over your premium customers who paid good money for tier 7 and 8s. Until your overlords show more respect for it's paying player base I'm done giving this company ANY money for anything. And that's gonna hurt me to. This is all I've played and spent my money on every month for 2 straight years. But maybe you'll finally listen when we close our wallets. I hope others act on their disgust. 

World of Warships is comming :harp: :great::coin::bajan:

Edited by real FUGAR, 05 January 2019 - 01:29 PM.

My eternity is longer than Yours _ Make boosters selectable consumables after battle, rather than a RNG MM wager _ The tallest ones confirm: MM is not broken, its ADVANCED

WoT WoT   oTo (put nuts and bolt logo in here) 

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/37825507

UTU2TM #18 Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:35 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 44209 battles
  • [BEARD]

View PostRarefication, on 04 January 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

I knew they would nerf WS completely into the ground eventually. Thank goodness I have well over one hundred million silver otherwise I'd be ticked off. 

I didn't know I was that close to being down to my last straw, but the silver nerf on WS did it. I guess I always have a garage of tanks to play, if the urge hits, but the grind, grind, grind, killed it for me.

Avosaris #19 Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:53 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4762 battles

In my opinion it will hit WG profits as well.

The only reason many of us bought and still buying premium tanks was oportunity to use them as trainers for our crews on War Stories. Hope WG will find it earlier then later and reverse those changes for premium tanks of tier VII and VIII. If not people will stop buying them as new skin with same characteristic of tank is nothing special. 

Time will tell…..

Edited by Avosaris, 06 January 2019 - 11:56 AM.

DoomDeliverer4 #20 Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11358 battles
Honestly I'd just like to know why we have to go 1000's in the red to play WS in our TT and Premium Tier VII and up tanks? Again, I am not asking to make tens of thousands in WS but why, if you fire only standard ammo, use no consumables, take little to no damage, meet/exceed the minimum criteria for the specific chapter (or in other words WIN!) do we lose 10,000+ silver??? That makes absolutely no sense and renders WS for Tiers VII and up completely worthless and totally useless. We are effectively being punished for playing a mode created... so we thought...for us to play. A mode some of us enjoyed... or used to enjoy... no less. Like others  have already posted, I hope they step back and take a long hard look at what they've done and dial back the Nerf so that folks can play their earned TT and purchased Premiums without bleeding silver.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users