Emil I Auto-Loader Fun Tank

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

jUsTiN CaT #21 Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:04 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34005 battles
  • [TWAF]
I just started playing this tank. What crew skills/ perks should I have to make it more effective?

LacqueredBacon #22 Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35223 battles

View PostjUsTiN CaT, on 27 February 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

I just started playing this tank. What crew skills/ perks should I have to make it more effective?

Well, it is a heavy but it is a support tank.  It is also a bit sluggish.  In addition to the normal SS, BIA, and repairs, I would then go with snap shot, offroad driving, and smooth ride.  And it is an autoloader, so dead eye is also a good one to have.

JARL VARYAG #23 Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9579 battles

View PostLacqueredBacon, on 27 February 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

Ok, binocs are for those that sit still and snipe.  Yes, they could be useful at the end of a game when you are spotting for yourself and do not want to move (aka let them come to me tactic).  But with only three equipment slots, that seems very situational to waste one of the slots.

I do not recommend binocs in the Emil I.  Optics or vents would be a better use of that slot that will help through the course of the entire game, not just the end if you are the sole green player left.

None of the slots are wasted. If you read my post I said I already use vents. You only have to sit still for 3 seconds for binocs to activate.

My honor is loyalty.

AlpHaLoNeWoLf17 #24 Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:12 PM

Private

• Players
  • 33799 battles
  • [WO1F]

When is the emil 2 going to get its buff???  like the PC did like really why would u update. Just the pc can u Update console xbox like unreal

wake_the_move #25 Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11002 battles
Afaik if the changes to Emil 1, 2, and the Kranvagn make it to console their magazines will be cut to 3 shells, but they all receive shorter reload times plus higher alpha, which effectively ups their DPM. Also some, or all of them receive mobility buffs. I won’t advance in that tech tree any further in that tech tree until those changes are live. Also I hope that the Emil 1951 will be released with them, as it is the real crew trainer for that line.

AlpHaLoNeWoLf17 #26 Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:19 AM

Private

• Players
  • 33799 battles
  • [WO1F]

View Postwake_the_move, on 17 May 2019 - 08:35 PM, said:

Afaik if the changes to Emil 1, 2, and the Kranvagn make it to console their magazines will be cut to 3 shells, but they all receive shorter reload times plus higher alpha, which effectively ups their DPM. Also some, or all of them receive mobility buffs. I won’t advance in that tech tree any further in that tech tree until those changes are live. Also I hope that the Emil 1951 will be released with them, as it is the real crew trainer for that line.

when will xbox get the update. For emil line there relode speed is so bad and the pen is so bad when will consle get the buff pc got were emil II get relode bufff cus this tank needs it asap cant fight any armer tanks head thead at all 

TheTotalPackage7 #27 Posted 06 July 2019 - 05:00 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18316 battles

I'm currently playing the Emil I and working towards the Kranvagn. Once it's fully upgraded it's a good tank. Always make sure you're around ally tanks. Never go solo because your reload time is about 34 seconds (or at least mine is). And the long reload can cause issues with your teammates. They'll think you're just sitting back doing nothing to help when you're actually reloading. Therefore, I keep showing my team my reload time so they'll understand why I'm not helping them. Also the penetration is slightly on the weak side. You need to make sure you're aiming at weak areas on the enemy tanks, but sometimes even that can be a bit trollish. When I know I'm about to get into a scuffle with a tier IX heavy I switch to premium rounds and only shoot at areas I know I can pen on their tank. Otherwise don't risk it. Also the turret moves slow so I tend to keep my distance from enemy light tanks. Don't let these guys get too close to you, because they'll run circles around you. The good thing is most light tanks tend to avoid you because you're an auto-loader. The last slightly negative thing about this tank is that the gun is a bit inaccurate. You want all 4 of your shots to pen so try to attack from close to mid range. It's not so bad that sniping is out of the question, but to be effective in this tank try to attack your enemy from close to mid range. Seems like a lot of negatives to this tank, but it's actually a good tank because it shoots 4 shots that avg. around 300+ damage. It's really nice when all 4 of your shots pen the enemy. It has decent turret armor (not great) and good gun depression so the hills are great for this tank. The 2 main things to focus on when playing this tank is: 1. Make your shots count and 2. Never go solo.

Posted Image

Edited by TheTotalPackage7, 23 July 2019 - 07:04 AM.

EODDoogie369 #28 Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:06 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11735 battles
Quit today, six straight games of getting monkey stomped by rampaging lights that aim right for you out of a crowd, then can get two reloads and full clips in while I try and and turn to get the (Not so) armored turret to track on them.  Barely getting 50% hits on fully aimed tanks less than one square away.  Two hits out of four aimed at the flat side of a T28 proto for 292 damage, that got pulled by the horrible accuracy and saving throw into the side of the turret.  Can't pen a Hardcase from the front, even with prammo, that resulted in getting pushed into the water and drown.  F, this P, O, S., getting ammo racked and one shotted 10 seconds into the game by a Krafts Panther was last f'ing straw.  Then you get to look forward to playing a tier higher with the same gun for 111k xp...can't snipe, can't spot, can't bounce, can't brawl, can't keep up, can't be in my garage anymore. 

LacqueredBacon #29 Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35223 battles

View PostJARL VARYAG, on 06 March 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

None of the slots are wasted. If you read my post I said I already use vents. You only have to sit still for 3 seconds for binocs to activate.

Yes, but binocs on the Emil I is a waste of a spot.  It is not a sniper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users