An accidental xbox 360 user, PS4 transfuge!

Xbox 360 New/Old user PS4 transfuge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 25 December 2018 - 04:31 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16382 battles
  • [AMXS]

I always had that xbox 360 at my home away from home. This is where I spend Christmas and New Year every single year. 

Anyway, I had never connected it to the Internet until this year. First, I purchased it when WiFi was not readily available, and I never added hat capability afterwards, second I only played discs based games, and never fell the urge to interact with other players.

Last year, I accepted that I would not be able to play WoT during the holidays. This time, I decided I would venture in the realm of WoT on the 360. Just plug that RJ-45 cable into the console, and that is it. You are up and running... or, almost; as a PS4 user, I was not initiated with the Xbox live account required to play WoT. So a 1 month subscription is 30 bucks. Never mind.

From the PS4 Pro to the Xbox 360, it is not that bad. And I can understand why those with a 360 do not necessarily feel the urge to upgrade. 

I give you that the graphism is less charged on the 360, but it is totally acceptable. I found the sounds are much more realistic on the 360. Playing the game is just about the same. The offset Left thumb stick is not that a big deal, however there is one major downfall. I am a compass user, and to access the mini map, I need to depress the "option" button, which is not as accessible as the center pad on the PS4 controller. To make up for that, the Xbox D pad is much better than the PS4 buttons.

Installing and playing the game was faster than upgrading on a PS4.... that tells a lot. lol.... while on the PS4 you have to download and then install, the Xbox does it in one go. Obviously, storage space is an issue on my Xbox 360. To install World of Tanks, I had to clean up my Hard Drive, and I can only run that one program, and the games I have on discs. I purchased Plants versus Zombies Garden Warfare, but could not install it. No space. 

The most frustrating part is of course that I cannot use my Sony profile, so I had to start from scratch, using the Tier I tanks, all the way from the bottom. Interesting from the point of view of rediscovering the game from a new user's point of view.

You get 200 Gold, and numerous offers to purchase premium tanks after a few battles. And it takes a little while until you are offered to bind into a contract for a mercenary tank. 

It is an excellent way to venture into tanks I never really looked into before, so I decided I would concentrate on the German line this time.

The Xbox 360 performed like a charm so far, if excepted from some defragmentation request, to overcome the queuing process. But everything seemed to run fine.

I just need to find some extra storage, and maybe some experienced 360 users can tell me what is the best way to go? memory stick? external hard-disk? there is a 360 2 Gbytes cloud, but I could not use it, so I am wondering what it is there for.

I have an external hard drive with me, but the 360 wants to format it, so I guess I need a dedicated one. So what do you do guys, for storage?

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

steelheadclan #2 Posted 25 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15633 battles

P6X330 rerolled!

I had an Xbox I’d get a T-50-2, Sexton I, T1E6 and maybe a type 64 and scum lord like a boss!

ApachecNative #3 Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 32785 battles

View PostP6X330, on 25 December 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

I just need to find some extra storage, and maybe some experienced 360 users can tell me what is the best way to go? memory stick? external hard-disk? there is a 360 2 Gbytes cloud, but I could not use it, so I am wondering what it is there for.

I have an external hard drive with me, but the 360 wants to format it, so I guess I need a dedicated one. So what do you do guys, for storage?

360 done an update a few years back you can use 2 external hard drives atterabyte each. Wot can only be install on one though and it installs faster because it has less info in the files then xbox one and ps4 does. The format is require for microsoft info to be install on it as well as the right format for it ro read any game.As for the cloud storage that is only for save game files the same with xbox one.The price of 30 a mo. you must be in wrong location because that's about half a year if you pay full year of about 60  or 3 mo. if you pay 10 per mo. depending on your location cost.But keep in mind one day 360 servers will be gone have fun while you can.

Edited by ApachecNative, 25 December 2018 - 08:56 PM.

P6X330 #4 Posted 25 December 2018 - 11:19 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16382 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostApachecNative, on 25 December 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

360 done an update a few years back you can use 2 external hard drives atterabyte each. Wot can only be install on one though and it installs faster because it has less info in the files then xbox one and ps4 does. The format is require for microsoft info to be install on it as well as the right format for it ro read any game.As for the cloud storage that is only for save game files the same with xbox one.The price of 30 a mo. you must be in wrong location because that's about half a year if you pay full year of about 60  or 3 mo. if you pay 10 per mo. depending on your location cost.But keep in mind one day 360 servers will be gone have fun while you can.

Thanks for the tip. I will check if I find a cheap external disc drive here. This is not the US, they hyper tax any electronic not assembled locally. 

As I am only staying for 15 days each year, I am not going to go for a yearly subscription.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

P6X330 #5 Posted 25 December 2018 - 11:25 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16382 battles
  • [AMXS]

The biggest difference I found, so far, are the colors. They seem duller than with my PS4, either slim or Pro. 

Now, my Xbox 360 has no HDMI port, it did not exist at the time, so I am going through the components output. 

ApachecNative #6 Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:33 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 32785 battles

View PostP6X330, on 25 December 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

The biggest difference I found, so far, are the colors. They seem duller than with my PS4, either slim or Pro. 

Now, my Xbox 360 has no HDMI port, it did not exist at the time, so I am going through the components output. 

Sounds like you have one of the 1st gen 360's because I started tanks on 360 slim and it came with HDMI but still even with it graphics will be far less then ps4 and xbox one but your progress on 360 will still be save and carry over to the xbox one if you ever do get one.The grass is also different on one console you can see what you aim at on the other the grass will block the view unless they patch it because I hadn't been on tanks for a while.Tree's and rocks are also on the maps in some places that will not show up on the other console along with few other things that are different but I can't remember them all of top of my head.The more you play you will notice some others.I don't like the subscription either but i get mine free .They(microsoft) have a rewards program you earn points by doing things through them.After a while earning points you cash them in and for last 2 years I got my subscription free from points earn.

Edited by ApachecNative, 26 December 2018 - 03:45 AM.

SuperSherman44 #7 Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:48 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22291 battles

I play on the 360 and the best way to go with storage is an external hard drive (In my opinion)

Hope that helps:)

I Heart The Sherman (Best tank of WWII)

I got a new Xbox One S so I'm really excited!

R.I.P. Xbox 360 E ~2014-2019

P6X330 #8 Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:38 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16382 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostApachecNative, on 25 December 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

Sounds like you have one of the 1st gen 360's because I started tanks on 360 slim and it came with HDMI but still even with it graphics will be far less then ps4 and xbox one but your progress on 360 will still be save and carry over to the xbox one if you ever do get one.The grass is also different on one console you can see what you aim at on the other the grass will block the view unless they patch it because I hadn't been on tanks for a while.Tree's and rocks are also on the maps in some places that will not show up on the other console along with few other things that are different but I can't remember them all of top of my head.The more you play you will notice some others.I don't like the subscription either but i get mine free .They(microsoft) have a rewards program you earn points by doing things through them.After a while earning points you cash them in and for last 2 years I got my subscription free from points earn.

Indeed, it is the very first Xbox 360 generation. No WiFi, no HDMI. I do not know if it is still a very first generation, because I got it repaired by Microsoft once, as I got affected by the red circle of death, due to the console overheating. I am in the South hemisphere, and December and January are Summer here. 

Microsoft fixed it and it has been working well since.

These operating expenses are really annoying. Sony does it too with the "playstation plus" subscription. Of course, it is more rewarding to get a continuous influx of money from both sides, developers and players. But it's ok, I am only going to play the 360 once a year.

P6X330 #9 Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:39 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16382 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostSuperSherman44, on 25 December 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

I play on the 360 and the best way to go with storage is an external hard drive (In my opinion)

Hope that helps:)

Thanks, yes it does. I should have brought a spare hard drive with me, but I did not know I was going to play "live".

P6X330 #10 Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16382 battles
  • [AMXS]

Ha, I found something very different.

While scouting, when I detect enemies, the game slows down noticeably, and goes back to normal. I suppose the sudden influx of data slows down the processor before it can catch up. However, this happens also in Proven Grounds with the PS4. 

Could that be a Server issue?

SuperSherman44 #11 Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22291 battles

View PostP6X330, on 26 December 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

Ha, I found something very different.

While scouting, when I detect enemies, the game slows down noticeably, and goes back to normal. I suppose the sudden influx of data slows down the processor before it can catch up. However, this happens also in Proven Grounds with the PS4. 

Could that be a Server issue?

Might be:sceptic:

P6X330 #12 Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16382 battles
  • [AMXS]

To switch from compass map to mini-map, or review the roster, there is only the "options" button.

I find it is an impediment, because you need to use your thumb, thus drop the left thumb stick to access the "options" button. I don't see any other way to do it, is there?

ApachecNative #13 Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 32785 battles

View PostP6X330, on 27 December 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

To switch from compass map to mini-map, or review the roster, there is only the "options" button.

I find it is an impediment, because you need to use your thumb, thus drop the left thumb stick to access the "options" button. I don't see any other way to do it, is there?

Hold the back/select button to the left of the big X in the middle of your controller to switch  compass to mini or mini to compass.I think that the options button your referring to.  It's best to switch it at the start of the match during the count down or while behind cover. But if you want to switch it to the bigger mini map. Where you can see team roster and can ping the map  just quickly tap the button.You can also goto option menu turn on toggle mini map for another option.Where you can switch  mini to roster map or hold the button. Till it goes to compass and then it will  quickly switch between compass and roster. As far I recall it has been like this since update 3.2 and most likely will stay this way because of limit button usage as they had mentioned before.There is no other way even if you change the controller from default to another setting it remains on the back/select button.

Edited by ApachecNative, 28 December 2018 - 05:11 PM.

SuperSherman44 #14 Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22291 battles

View PostP6X330, on 27 December 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

I don't think so but not sure

P6X330 #15 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:39 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16382 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostApachecNative, on 28 December 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

Hold the back/select button to the left of the big X in the middle of your controller to switch  compass to mini or mini to compass.I think that the options button your referring to.  It's best to switch it at the start of the match during the count down or while behind cover. But if you want to switch it to the bigger mini map. Where you can see team roster and can ping the map  just quickly tap the button.You can also goto option menu turn on toggle mini map for another option.Where you can switch  mini to roster map or hold the button. Till it goes to compass and then it will  quickly switch between compass and roster. As far I recall it has been like this since update 3.2 and most likely will stay this way because of limit button usage as they had mentioned before.There is no other way even if you change the controller from default to another setting it remains on the back/select button.

In this case, the PS4 controller has an advantage over the Xbox controller. The in game switch between maps can be done through the central pad, which is accessible from either side of the controller.

P6X330 #16 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:42 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16382 battles
  • [AMXS]
10 dollars to change your gamer tag? come on Microsoft, did you take your cue from the airlines to nickel and dime your customers?

deadman1921 #17 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 29884 battles
  • [NONE]

You can switch the maps by holding the option button next to the "X"

I find it harder to play with the PS controller, sticks and d-pad location. The sticks seem too close together.

Too much time on Xbox.

I thought it was $20 to change GT's. WDIK

I get the same thing on the 360 when I do play it, graphics lag, tearing, etc. Happens when a lot of reds show up at once or when I'm fighting in a dense town.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I like the PS4 just not the controller so much.

Edited by deadman1921, 01 January 2019 - 12:00 AM.

Soldiers of the One | Loyalty to NONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users