Are your WoT personal stats a true reflection of the player you are?

statistics manipulation altering padding player strength noob unicum good player bad player

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Thee Turtle God #81 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:28 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38737 battles

Yes they do, to an extent. I have seen people with more games than me, and average about 1 damaging hit a game. That is bad.
Basically I go by this:

• High games played, and low stats is a bad player, or a low performing player if you prefer that :).
  • Low games played and high stats is someone who re-rolled or has played on a different platform before.

There is obviously more to it, but this is the general way I look at it because everyone has their own priorities, and being good at or caring about the video game isn't always on that list.

I like turtles.

DemiGodesss #82 Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10593 battles

In regards to the original question, I've played many a battles where I would hold a flank solo or massively outnumbered, long enough for the rest of the team to flank or capture base.

There are also match winning moments that depend on just one placed shot at the right time, or a change of direction, and these do not reflect in stats.

For the most part though, stats are a good indicator of skill.

xXlAmbitionzlXx #83 Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23937 battles
Im far worse than what my stats are

westmech #84 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10794 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostP6X330, on 28 December 2018 - 03:10 AM, said:

Maybe I am opening a can of worms, but I do not think good or bad "stats" are reflective of who the player is;

As with everything else, there are exception to the rule. Because there are tricks that can be used to tip the balance in the desired direction; 

In the broad sense of the term, a good player will have better stats than an average one. It is a given. 

What is the true definition of a good player though? I don't know. Purple stats it is not, I think. However us humans need to have a system to be able to differentiate us from the other. We need to be able to have references to judge someone, even if said references can be biased. 

Are you haunted by your stats, and do you feel they are a reflection of the player you are? 

Do you play the game related to your ultimate numbers? 

Do you feel the colors in your signature are how you wish to project yourself here and there?

You sound like you are haunted by your stats. Are you not receiving the respect you desire in this game, and by the community? 

Don't let stats control you. 

I no longer post my stats in my sig because it really doesn't matter anymore. My stats did help me improve my game play to the point that I know what tanks I can use to get deep purple stats. That was a goal of mine and I'm happy to have achieved it. My new goals are to 3 mark tanks. That's the true yard stick of skill in my mind. I need to three mark a medium, a TD, and a tier nine and tier ten (of any class). I have three marked a few tanks, and knowing how to do that was a hard (but fun) challenge too. 

I use the MOEs on barrels to determine who I want to support or roll with when I'm playing solo. They are the quick visual judge in the game of player skill for that specific tank.  

DiabolicGambit #85 Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17575 battles
  • [MAJOR]
Speaking of the greats.. what ever hapenedhato ThaiViper that guy was amazing.. like wthgood

DiabolicGambit #86 Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17575 battles
  • [MAJOR]
My stats reflect I am impatient and too agressiveag. but that daidswhen I play with the right people and calm down iIplay to a much higher level

panthermark #87 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:06 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10290 battles

My stats are my stats. 

I play fast and aggressive.  I die. 

I play to have fun.  

It is a game. 

I'm not in a clan.  I don't platoon.  I really don't play a lot of heavies,  I don't play TD's at all.  I don't play arty anymore....that stopped when I hit about 2000 games. 

I YOLO'd as a noob....but now I know better. 

I took a 9 month break.....that helped. 

The free T-34 (I suck in it) helped me become a better player in the same way that going from the Cromwell to the Comet helped me become a better player. 

Finally getting my first tier X tank (Cent AX) a few weeks ago and getting my butt kicked helped me become MUCH better player at tier VI and VII.  

So...I light tank and I fast medium tank.  My stats are "OK" for a somewhat newish random.  

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

steelheadclan #88 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14865 battles
  • [REAL]

View Postpanthermark, on 10 January 2019 - 07:06 AM, said:

My stats are my stats. 

I play fast and aggressive.  I die. 

I play to have fun.  

It is a game. 

I'm not in a clan.  I don't platoon.  I really don't play a lot of heavies,  I don't play TD's at all.  I don't play arty anymore....that stopped when I hit about 2000 games. 

I YOLO'd as a noob....but now I know better. 

I took a 9 month break.....that helped. 

The free T-34 (I suck in it) helped me become a better player in the same way that going from the Cromwell to the Comet helped me become a better player. 

Finally getting my first tier X tank (Cent AX) a few weeks ago and getting my butt kicked helped me become MUCH better player at tier VI and VII.  

So...I light tank and I fast medium tank.  My stats are "OK" for a somewhat newish random.  

I think your stats are equal or better than mine at 8k games. 

Gramps JC #89 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19609 battles

View PostxXlAmbitionzlXx, on 10 January 2019 - 04:23 AM, said:

Im far worse than what my stats are

That's because you're a filthy state padder :trollface:

Credit to Violet Viper x for Sig

natedaishmaster #90 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24524 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

Stats matter, but not the way people think. You have to look at a few different things to determine how good a player is. You can have an amazing WN8 but pad at tier 5 the whole time. A platoon of 5 people with 2k WN8 can post 70% win rates because they are platooning. Light tanks are way easier to get good stats with than the other classes. If I want to determine how good someone with 3k recent stats actually is, I look at stats in tier 9 and 10 tanks and how many they have 3 marked (maybe 2 marked for 10s). The irony is that it is easier to tell how good a reroll account it because their recent and overall stats will be the same and none of their tanks played are from when they were potatoes so you can easily judge their skill. As for myself, I think that my stats generally reflect my quality of play

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, IS7, AMX 50B, Super Conqueror, T110E4

DiabolicGambit #91 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17575 battles
  • [MAJOR]
Iv only three marked one tank.. the vk36.01 and two marked a bunch.. but yeah if your a red starter with a three or even two marked tank.. I'll follow you into baytle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users