O-Ni setup

O-Ni Heavy Japan

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Jope2209 #1 Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:38 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34667 battles

Just bought O-Ni recently and still haven't assigned crew to it. I see there are two gun packages, 15 cm gun is derp I assume and it's already unlocked. 10 cm gun has some pen, but it takes grinding since I don't have free xp to use.

So I guess I'll start with 15 cm derp for the time being. How do you use these things? They're gigantic. I don't have good opinion about them, whole line is not so good imo, but I need to grind it to get my STE.

All advices welcome.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

Merun #2 Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12380 battles
  • [FRONT]

I love them but writing everything down is not possible at the moment as I am at work. So short stuff from me. The O-NI has some weakspots on the edges. So sidescrape with care. The O-NI is the lightest of the O-I and above line so don't try to ram anything else from that line. Especially the O-I and Kaiju because these things are heavy as f***.

I used the Derp all the time. If you unlock the 1200hp Engine on one of the tanks you unlock it on all except type 4 and 5.

If your target is far away and you don't have a line of fire, go third person view and auto aim with the HE guns. You can shoot over hills or similar with that.

Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

Just a german guy who loves to play weird tanks.

Playing on Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Tanks to kill: 73(11 T, 8 M, 54 P)

Jope2209 #3 Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34667 battles

View PostMerun, on 28 December 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

I love them but writing everything down is not possible at the moment as I am at work. So short stuff from me. The O-NI has some weakspots on the edges. So sidescrape with care. The O-NI is the lightest of the O-I and above line so don't try to ram anything else from that line. Especially the O-I and Kaiju because these things are heavy as f***.

I used the Derp all the time. If you unlock the 1200hp Engine on one of the tanks you unlock it on all except type 4 and 5.

If your target is far away and you don't have a line of fire, go third person view and auto aim with the HE guns. You can shoot over hills or similar with that.

Thanks Merun. I thought that derp gun is worse than 10 cm. I will try it thou. I guess equipment wise it's rammer, vents and Vstabs? (not sure if it's even available). Maybe Optics. Don't bother answering if you're busy, that's just me thinking out loud.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

Merun #4 Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12380 battles
  • [FRONT]

View PostJope2209, on 28 December 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

Thanks Merun. I thought that derp gun is worse than 10 cm. I will try it thou. I guess equipment wise it's rammer, vents and Vstabs? (not sure if it's even available). Maybe Optics. Don't bother answering if you're busy, that's just me thinking out loud.

Rammer and vents definitely the I use the third slot on my O-HO for super heavy spall liner as this thing is an Arty magnet and I often use the tank itself as a weapon(ramming and crushing enemies at walls to flip them).

The 10cm is maybe good on the O-I but it is the same gun on O-NI and O-HO which means the pen becomes worthless as the tiers rise. The 15cm HE do damage nearly every time and if you hit light tanks or weakspots it is possible to dish out 900-1100 damage per shot. Most of the time you end up with 300 dmg shots and destroy or damage several modules which is not exactly fun for your opponent:trollface:

Merun #5 Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12380 battles
  • [FRONT]

Oh and I haven't used the O-NI for a long time as I think it is the worst of the whole line but even this tank can be fun.

So my advices come mostly from my O-HO as I love that thing

Merun #6 Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12380 battles
  • [FRONT]
So, how do you like it by now?

Jope2209 #7 Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34667 battles

View PostMerun, on 29 December 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

Oh, believe it or not still haven't played it. Final stage of Centrifuge contract entered into last 24 hrs before it ends and requirements were medium UK, German and US tanks. I will try to finish the contract and then I will go with O-ni. I'll let you know.

Jope2209 #8 Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34667 battles

View PostMerun, on 29 December 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

Thanks for your help and advice. My first game in O-Ni.

Spoiler

Merun #9 Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12380 battles
  • [FRONT]

Looks like a good start:great:

I love being helpful:honoring:

Very Classy #10 Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33055 battles
  • [JOCO]
I've been 15cm derping. Kind of nice in the sense that you can still get the damage while bottom tier. Certainly not my favorite heavy, but I like taking 340 hp from hull down Conquerors. LulCity

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

Jope2209 #11 Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34667 battles

View PostVery Classy, on 22 January 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

I've been 15cm derping. Kind of nice in the sense that you can still get the damage while bottom tier. Certainly not my favorite heavy, but I like taking 340 hp from hull down Conquerors. LulCity

Agreed, I've tried smaller cal gun, but derp just does things better. Had a nice Mastery game in O-Ni with derp recently, shame I just finished grind for O-Ho, so O-Ni will have to go.

What about O-Ho? I know it's derp king, but is the gun same as O-Ni's? Aim time and reload time, loadout and stuff?

Merun #12 Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12380 battles
  • [FRONT]

View PostJope2209, on 02 March 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

Agreed, I've tried smaller cal gun, but derp just does things better. Had a nice Mastery game in O-Ni with derp recently, shame I just finished grind for O-Ho, so O-Ni will have to go.

What about O-Ho? I know it's derp king, but is the gun same as O-Ni's? Aim time and reload time, loadout and stuff?

Basically the same just without the weakspots but you need to fight slightly to your right because of all the turrets of this battleship. Because of that the playstyle is quite unique.

Very Classy #13 Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33055 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostJope2209, on 02 March 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

View PostMerun, on 02 March 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

Basically the same just without the weakspots but you need to fight slightly to your right because of all the turrets of this battleship. Because of that the playstyle is quite unique.

Those turrets will drive you mad. Trying to get gun depression is such a fight. Your reload with the derp is so much better in the O Ho, though. Always ready to derp. :teethhappy:

Always be on the lookout for Borsigs! They are such yummy targets... many one-shots. 

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

Jope2209 #14 Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34667 battles

View PostMerun, on 02 March 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

Thanks Merun, those two mini turrets look like they are differrent in size, is that why one side gets better gun depression?

Very Classy #15 Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33055 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostJope2209, on 02 March 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

Thanks Merun, those two mini turrets look like they are differrent in size, is that why one side gets better gun depression?

they are positioned off-kilter to the left. So the front right corner can depress fully. I found it annoying af. As Merun said,

"The playstyle is quite unique." Oh brother, it is.

-- allhavoc

Merun #16 Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12380 battles
  • [FRONT]

You have one turret to your front left and one right next to it. None is really on the right. Between these two turrets you can get some tun depression but it is very narrow. Ok for "sniping" or "artillerying" or whatever you wanna call it, but not good for closer combat.

If someone comes close, make sure you have a wall near you so you can use your weight to crush the enemy there and maybe flip him.

Many don't like the O-Ho, but I love it. It is my favourite tier VIII.

Maybe I am just weird:D

Jope2209 #17 Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34667 battles

View PostVery Classy, on 02 March 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

they are positioned off-kilter to the left. So the front right corner can depress fully. I found it annoying af. As Merun said,

"The playstyle is quite unique." Oh brother, it is.

View PostMerun, on 02 March 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

You have one turret to your front left and one right next to it. None is really on the right. Between these two turrets you can get some tun depression but it is very narrow. Ok for "sniping" or "artillerying" or whatever you wanna call it, but not good for closer combat.

If someone comes close, make sure you have a wall near you so you can use your weight to crush the enemy there and maybe flip him.

Many don't like the O-Ho, but I love it. It is my favourite tier VIII.

Maybe I am just weird:D

I thought this old thread is dead horse, but you two are both so helpful. Thanks guys. So, mini turrets are tilted sligtly to the left and shooting over your right shoulder is the way to go. I will do so, thanks. One more thing, is derp gun already unlocked for O-ho and is this the exact same gun as on O-Ni?

Also tagged with O-Ni, Heavy, Japan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users