Strategy Overview frustration

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Jope2209 #41 Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34514 battles

View PostxCanonfodder, on 31 December 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

These all feel like sound arguments to play arty instead of any other vehicle type, and to have a garage full of them.  Either your team will protect you accidentally, or your out of the match quick to start another.

Lol, don't say that. Forum is sometimes salty, but be more optimistic. For me the glass is always half-full. You can have bad games and sometimes whole serie of them, but that's a part of this game too. Remember there are two teams in game, and every time your team loses a match, 15 other players celebrate victory. You're a still quite new player, but you are trying to learn and that's great. You can learn a lot from forumers, there are still some people around who can give you valid advice.

I don't think that anyone's intention was to convince you to play only arty. If forum does that to new players, then it actualy ruins the game instead of being place where you can get a good advice and try to improve your game. I see your most played tank is Churchill 3. It's my most played tank too, one of my first premium tanks. Great tank and arguably the best trainer in game, earned me a ton of other tanks in various Earn Ops, although I don't play it much out of Earn Ops. Take it from there, play more of Churchill 3, it's slow, cumbersome, but also it can outshoot any tank it could see in battle. Angle your armor, and try not to give enemy your broad side or don't sit still and let them take easy shots at your turret. Turret btw is your no.1 weakspot.

I would recommend, taking your time at tier V and VI. Soviet heavies are good tanks and quite forgiving to new players. US heavies are great line too, T1 heavy, M6 and fearsome T29. German heavies are great too but don't rush all the way to Tiger, that's the most common mistake people do. Tiger is ''special'' class of tank, it's heavy, but can't rely on its armor. It has great gun, but also sees tier IX monsters like Mauschen or Type 4. Good knowledge of weak spots and protecting your health is essential. Otherwise, you're just a XP pinata for reds.

Invest in some great trainers like Captured KV-1, it costs only 1280 gold if you finish one War Story (not sure which one thou), but that's THE BEST deal in game. It can train two factions, has great gun, solid armor for tier.

Do finish WS and use those crews with 1 free skill to your advantage. Train your crews, they're essential. Crews are what makes real difference, they can improve tank's performance greatly if trained properly.

Watch some videos on YT or streams of good players. There is a lot of material and almost any existing tank in game can be found on YT. Here are some useful console links:

http://www.worldofta....com/index.html

https://wotstatsconsole.de/login

http://wot.pythonanywhere.com/

You're on PS4, so we could meet in battle, and it wouldn't be good if all you could learn from forum is to play arty.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

TheOnlyTrueNoob #42 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:11 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18646 battles

View PostxCanonfodder, on 31 December 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

These all feel like sound arguments to play arty instead of any other vehicle type, and to have a garage full of them.  Either your team will protect you accidentally, or your out of the match quick to start another.

Well seeing as arty is probably the most team dependent class and is just an RNG slot machine, I wouldn’t recommend that. I personally play mostly mediums and lights. They are far more versatile in the positions that you can go to, can adapt to most situations well and are far more effective at farming damage. Try to play so that you arent needing the team to protect you.

3 Marked Tanks (Bold = 100%)

xCanonfodder #43 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2586 battles

View PostJope2209, on 31 December 2018 - 04:20 AM, said:

Some very good advice to someone new to the game.

Thanks for the advice.  I did all this research myself though, and this isn't my first game in this style of game.  Mechwarrior is a very similar style (with some minor but important differences in gameplay) style of game, and that I've been playing for years before even WoT was a thing.

That comment about arty was kindof a snarky response to the negativity (I forgot snark does a horrible job coming across in text without being blatant), because all there is out there on arty is negative.  I enjoy playing all the classes how I perceive them with the quirks that are involved in the tanks that I currently have in my garage.  If I'm just playing for damage (as these posts suggest) might as well go with something that either will get a lot of damage or get knocked out of the match quick and load up another game fast :trollface: .  I've read the same comments about LRM boats in MWO before I quit that game for pretty much the same reason why I left this game a year ago (that's another can of worms).  

I do really appreciate the welcoming and helpful tone though, it's refreshing to see that from any game, much less from a forum of an older game that has it's detractors.

I know I'm a n00b potato.  Everything that I say, please know that it's coming from the bottom of the pecking order.

Also, PS4 Scrub.

BrettSterlingH #44 Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:37 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 58783 battles
  • [OM]
These are good tips but honestly your overall team's behavior on the map determines your best path more than anything else. 
Also the enemy team's behavior. 

Also tagged with Strategy, Overview, frustration

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users