gold spending with crew training

crew training gold crews

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

panzermanners #1 Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:49 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10981 battles
I'm not sure I'm in the right section, but I wanted to give wargamming something to ponder. I've played this game for four years, and have spent a pretty substantial amount on gold over the years, hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. One thing i would like to see is if you train a crew to a tank, in this example I will say my is-3, is-6, and kv-1. i have 8 crew skills, and I know the is-6 can for free take the crew at any point, I don't think i should have to pay 1000 gold to go back and fourth from my kv-1 to is-3. i think after you've paid the 1000 gold initially (which adds up to  a lot of money in real life) you should be able to bounce back and fourth between tanks of their own class (in this case, heavies) without having to re-pay 1,000 gold each time. Make it a one-time buy. People will love you for this. Please consider my query.

JASOCveteran #2 Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:19 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 68390 battles

I sympathize with your issue. One thing the game doesn't advertise is you absolutely DO NOT have to spend Gold to transfer crews. All you have to do is play the tank for 25,000 XP more after your crew skill/perk reaches 100% without selecting a new one. This will allow you to transfer the crew to any new tank in the tank tree for a modest amount of Silver. The crew will be fully qualified in your new tank along with any skills/perks they have. There are UTube videos on this topic, which is how I found out after a kind player informed me how to stop wasting gold on crew transfers. Hope this tip was helpful.

SirDerp-a-lot #3 Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 51289 battles
  • [GER_1]
I disagree. While the current situation ("crew can only keep one tank in mind" ) is not logical, it fits the game dynamics. With your change, you'd either have to treat gold-moved crews differently than silver-moved crews (endless hassle), or you would go back to one crew per nation.

panzermanners #4 Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10981 battles
I really feel that if you spend the 1000 gold you should be able to bounce back and forth from tanks you've spent gold on without having to re-pay 1000 gold. The 75% and silver is not an acceptable alternative, as you have to play many games with a less than adequate crew and no crew skills. they're already tough enough to reach, and having to repay 1000 gold if you've already done so is really, really annoying. This would be a wonderful thing to patch, if the right person sees it. 

Capn Ratchet45 #5 Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20732 battles

View PostMausRhiss, on 02 January 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

I really feel that if you spend the 1000 gold you should be able to bounce back and forth from tanks you've spent gold on without having to re-pay 1000 gold. The 75% and silver is not an acceptable alternative, as you have to play many games with a less than adequate crew and no crew skills. they're already tough enough to reach, and having to repay 1000 gold if you've already done so is really, really annoying. This would be a wonderful thing to patch, if the right person sees it. 

your crew skills that are already trained DO work when crew is trained 75%. They just don't work to the full potential. You just can't resume training current skill until 100%.

Capn Ratchet45 #6 Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20732 battles

I do kind of think its silly that a crew 'forgets' how to drive a tank they've been trained in. 

Korben's got a point though, we wouldnt need more than one crew per nation if they remembered how to drive every tank...

I smell a premium crew option...(merc crews could have been a thing for this)

panzermanners #7 Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10981 battles
i just feel like its asinine to move a crew up to the next tier tank and you can't put it back in the tier you were just in without paying 100k silver or 1000 gold, which is way too steep - if you pay the gold once that should be it. i want to play some of the tanks in my garage but don't just because of crew issues, i dont want to lose my progress in new tank just to play my old tank

Also tagged with crew training, gold, crews

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users