• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Jope2209 #21 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34528 battles

View Poststeelheadclan, on 06 January 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

sorry about the misspell :(

You shouldn't be, skill4ltu breaks English in so many ways. Guy is great player, but he learned English from Borat.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

SirDerp-a-lot #22 Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55704 battles
  • [GER_1]

View Poststeelheadclan, on 06 January 2019 - 03:38 AM, said:

sorry about the misspell :(

No problem, we figured it out. Thanks for the pointer!

steelheadclan #23 Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:12 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15554 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostJope2209, on 06 January 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

You shouldn't be, skill4ltu breaks English in so many ways. Guy is great player, but he learned English from Borat.

Lol!

ArKenemyxX #24 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22572 battles
  • [PRIME]

If you can target tracks then do it.. If you see Russian armor then dab that A button:justwait:

Change your name too. Nobody likes campers

Edited by ArKenemyxX, 07 January 2019 - 05:14 AM.

Kebabsaurus Rex #25 Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19751 battles
  • [ASYLM]

Bottom tier - track, track and track again.

Also, buy a Tiger 131 :trollface:

Keraseses #26 Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14527 battles
Know when to fall back from a falling flank no need to sit there and die, fall back to a safe postion and get shots when the enemys push in. Second never go anywhere alone just because your team doesn't go to an open flank don't throw your tank for the teams incompetence. don't be scared to fire a couple of prem rounds at superheavies if it guarantees u damage and a win of the flank increasing your chances of a win, know your tanks for instance don't make bad pokes that's gonna guarantee u take damage but u get no shot in return. use wise positioning look at your map at the beginning of the match, see what they have thats gonna probably fight for a postion that your looking to take never just yolo in if you see one tank that looks lone, most likely he has a Alpha td camo'ed up somewhere. Tips such as these used correctly will grant better and higher damage games and Know your tanks Compacity. 

Chungus4845 #27 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39420 battles
  • [-L7-]

Read the mini map every chance you get and react according, always go for track shots, try to use team tactics whenever possible (even if you aren't on the mic or communicating directly), and play to your team. If you see a green going 1v1 against a tank and you have a chance to get around and make a shot or two safely into the red go get it. Try not to be passive unless you are low health or if being aggressive will put you in front of a bunch of reds with no cover or team backup. Watch how people react to the game and play to their actions. You're only one in a group of 15 randoms so its very important to play your role as well as play to their positioning. That doesn't mean lemming train however, perfect example is Lakeville. 

Ex: Overwhelming majority goes to the valley to do whatever it is that valley players do, that DOES NOT MEAN to take your lone heavy and the one light that went with you to the city. All that will do is cause you to die and then rage at the people playing stupid positions. Instead sit at the edge of the mid road and wait to defend the cap, or if the valley somehow doesn't stay a stalemate push either down the mid if your team wins valley or simply turn around and clean up the weak reds that made it thru the valley. By doing that you can contribute much more than just going to a flank "because its the right play."

DertyChewbacca #28 Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8883 battles

View PostArKenemyxX, on 07 January 2019 - 01:11 AM, said:

If you can target tracks then do it.. If you see Russian armor then dab that A button:justwait:

Change your name too. Nobody likes campers

View PostKebabsaurus Rex, on 07 January 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Bottom tier - track, track and track again.

Also, buy a Tiger 131 :trollface:

How can you reliably track AND do damage? I feel like a lot of times I shoot at the tracks toward the drive wheel results in just a critical hit, but no actual tracking or damage.

ThermalStone #29 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32949 battles
  • [80085]
After grinding the Stinger contract a few times for premium days, here is the best unicum advice anyone will ever give you:  get good in autoloading lights, play the [edited]out of them.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

squiggle_xx #30 Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:55 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22280 battles
  • [-ONE-]

View PostxLEGITxxCAMPAx, on 05 January 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

So I've been playing WoT since it came out on 360 and ive been playing on and off since and have been enjoying my time grinding and getting better at the game. I think I'm a pretty decent player but I want to get better. I know it's sort of a broad question but do any unicum players have any tips for me to become better and eventually a unicum?

If you’re ever looking for someone to maybe help hmu my psn is Squiggle_xx 

add me if you wanna platoon up or something 

VoluptaBox #31 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 1705 battles
  • [REDIT]
Talk to yourself (not necessarily out loud). Imagine doing play by play commentary or trying to explain what you're doing and especially WHY you are doing it. You'll often find that you end up doing things that are either outright wrong or simply don't contribute anything.

Ragyoo #32 Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26969 battles

Hello,

Sorry to see that every post asking for better play is answered by people that really don't want anybody to get any better.

So to be a unicum, you need to do a certain amount of damage on average per match, which will necessarily be higher than AFK + yolo guys + campers + lemming train followers. Those are low level to good players.

My simplex theory to be a unicum :

Rush to a spot from where you can safely get those 3 to 8 early detections for free. 

Then retreat and rush to the spot from which you can safely shoot and take cover while being shot at from the closest possible range without being hit.

Use simple sidescraping/reverse sidescraping or hull down technique.

Use first HE rounds to get assist dmg, toggle AP rounds to get highrolls.

Profit.

You must also be able to survive until late game, so always plan to retreat safely.

In late game you need a faster tank to win safely.

My simplex theory involves a lot of safety.

But ingame, I prefer to take huge risks, bc it's fun.

ThermalStone #33 Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32949 battles
  • [80085]

View PostRagyoo, on 21 August 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

Hello,

Sorry to see that every post asking for better play is answered by people that really don't want anybody to get any better.  Sorry, we are trying our best.

So to be a unicum, you need to do a certain amount of damage on average per match, which will necessarily be higher than AFK + yolo guys + campers + lemming train followers. Those are low level to good players.  Okay, but no one will ever call these players good.

My simplex theory to be a unicum :

Rush to a spot from where you can safely get those 3 to 8 early detections for free. Spotting has almost no bearing on Wn8.  If you push far enough to get 8 spots, you risk being killed early and getting nothing.  At best you are still costing yourself a chance fornfree early damage while you are driving like mad to retreat.

Then retreat and rush to the spot from which you can safely shoot and take cover while being shot at from the closest possible range without being hit.  Closest possible range?  Try farthest possible.  Good players soften the enemy up at long range first when possible.  It's the best way to inflict damage without being hit in return.  Long range:  a unicum can control all the variables and pick a whole flank apart.  Close range:  highly unpredictable.

Use simple sidescraping/reverse sidescraping or hull down technique.  These techniques work fine as an emergency measure (depending on your tank), but it's better to not be hit at all.

Use first HE rounds to get assist dmg, toggle AP rounds to get highrolls.  HE rounds?  Now I know you're joking.  Also, assist damage means almost nothing to Wn8.

Profit.  No profit.  Lose money by spamming premium shells when appropriate.

You must also be able to survive until late game, so always plan to retreat safely.  True

In late game you need a faster tank to win safely.  It helps, but how/why would you side scrape or go hull down in a fast tank?

My simplex theory involves a lot of safety.

But ingame, I prefer to take huge risks, bc it's fun.  Most players are too cowardly to ever approach unicum stats.  But your risks need to be reasonable.  Measured aggression. 

Here's the three part plan I used to go from green to unicum:

1.  Fire more shots per game ( through good positioning early and surviving to late game.  By far the most important.)

2.  Shoot more premium shells.  I aim less shots now that when I was a worse player.  Spamming premium helps when you favor volume shooting over precision.  

3.  Play tanks that support this playstyle.  Basically more lights and mediums.

I don't mean to sound too harsh.  You  are on the right track with your ideas.  Most players don't even have a plan or goal to improve themselves.  Good luck!

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

Koncorde #34 Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:16 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24921 battles
This is just one of dozens of threads people have contributed to helpfully.

I agree with Thermal, however there is another factor...

True Unicum have confidence in any situation that they know what they are doing, and the dexterity to make their tank do it while exploiting angles, bumps, and scenery wherever possible.

When you run into a 60%+ person you can see the difference. They bait corners with their armour, are happy to lose their tracks, are usually surrounded by scenery in every way possible, and always have an exit strategy. They usually only go to the same 3 or 4 points on maps repeatedly because they play the odds. Usually these are locations where they know their tank is particularly going to contribute.

I am purple off and on. I have my routine 5 or 6 kill games, and I can carry  or be the main factor in a win a lot of the time; but I still blow it more than I would like, adapt too slowly to my team not doing what they should do, and even when I trade by hitpoints I can feel like I have failed in a match I expect to be top 5 by default. As such my confidence really ebbs and flows, along with which so does my impact, and I still try out too many odd-ball tactics to be considered great at the game (even if I pull a lot of them off).

In short - get good at one tank, learn maps in it, learn how view range works so you can see the enemy at an appropriate distance while yourself being out of their range, learn how to spot for yourself and where strong locations are to spot and fire from consistently are, and then make sure you are firing a lot. Learn all the nuances. Then when you are posting 60% plus consistently and have two stripes on your barrel, look for all the similar tanks but particularly the ones with better armour. It is amazing how the difference between being good in a poorly armoured tank is Vs being good in a better armoured tank is. Suddenly you will find yourself saving hundreds of hitpoints per game.

You get good in the Cromwell, or tier 6 Vk30's, or T34-85 and you will find playing bigger gunned tanks like the Jackson easy, or muscling people with the VK36 and Tigers a doddle, or upscaling to the T44 and Pershing / Patton effortless.

anonym_H8iHAPaj1kSx #35 Posted 26 August 2019 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
I pretty much agree with what Thermal has mentioned, however, you don’t always need to spam the prem rounds. Knowing when and when not to use them can help you increase coin profits.

My tip if you’re after uni stats would be is to minimise your tank grinds. Playing stock tanks just sucks dog nuts.  Get your x2 done on 1 or 2 tanks then go play with tanks you’re good at.

Watch your game replay’s. Especially if you see a player performing well with a tank you’re struggling with. Also lots of good YouTube vids. Take note of map positions.
Figure out what role you do well with. Do you like to brawl with heavies, support with a td or roam the open fields with lights and mediums.
Learn the game mechanics. It can mean the difference between revealing your position or not  when firing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users