Jump to content


The truth about rigging.

Perhaps my worst post yet seriously this is pure faeces

  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Dyslexsticks #1 Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:57 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 34413 battles
  • 10,075
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

The words, "rig" "rigging" and "rigged" are used by a typically frustrated group of users, typically when misfortune befalls their FV215b 183's otherwise on-target shot, causing it to plow into the dirt with a miss for around 400 damage. These misfortunes make players believe sometimes that the game has been deliberately set-up to fail from the beginning because of this, although things in life are probably more rigged than you'd otherwise think.

 

To properly understand what rigging is and how it might not be so bad all the time, we're going to look at a quick google definition of the word "rig".

Spoiler

 

 

So while excusing the poor formatting is seems the general gist of rigging is to set something up. Sounds really simple when you put it like that doesn't it? Really relatable in a way. So really this is where rigging gets interesting, because then, by taking into account the loosely conveyed meaning a shocking conclusion can be made.

 

Life is rigged!

 

It really is! You think about it for a second, when you do finally get to punch that [edited]on the internet right in their specky face, you set yourself up to do that. As you type responses you are rigging a text box to become a post via a button that, get this; has been rigged solely for the purpose of finalising your post.

 

When we think way way back, everything that has ever happened or will happen in the universe has been rigged by something, we just don't know what, and so many of us that were lucky enough to be rigged with sentience have different ideas on that one.

 

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by Dyslexsticks, 07 January 2019 - 03:57 PM.

Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Twitter (fixed!)My Xbox to YouTube Guide


steelheadclan #2 Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15457 battles
  • 5,496
  • [REAL]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017
Lol

 


Kebabsaurus Rex #3 Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19656 battles
  • 1,926
  • [ASYLM]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

Nice to see you back matey and glad to see your doing well :)

 

All life is rigged, including my divorce :trollface:



VKSheridan #4 Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23287 battles
  • 3,462
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016
I need to “rig” the mushrooms on my next pizza and then read this again.....LOL

steelheadclan #5 Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15457 battles
  • 5,496
  • [REAL]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017

View PostVKSheridan, on 07 January 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

I need to “rig” the mushrooms on my next pizza and then read this again.....LOL

 

mmmmm

shrooms!


 


XT356 #6 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10431 battles
  • 2,522
  • [DNTCR]
  • Member since:
    11-07-2013

 

If this isnt "rigged" then I dont know what is. 


“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

dave mg 04 #7 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:30 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 33295 battles
  • 275
  • Member since:
    01-17-2017

na you know the game is RIGGED when your is3 bounces 6 shots in a row off a hellcat that has no more than 35mm of armour. 

the math on the rng +or- 25% doesnt add up, 268mm of pen from the is3 couldnt even pen the 20mm of side armour let alone the 35mm turret armour.

and the team you were in lost 15/2 but the very next game you pen tier 9 and 10 heavies with no problem whatsoever and your team wins that game 15/5

so if the game is not rigged how did that happen????

but it is what it is, theres no other game like this so it's either this rigged guff or nothing......

 



redshadowrider #8 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37407 battles
  • 8,252
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014
I know the rigging part about the sailboat.  Used to have one, but when you went for a sail, it just isn't turning the key and going.  It took an hour to set up before leaving the slip, then and hour to put everything away afterwards.  We sold the boat after 4 years...  wife didn't like the heeling over when sailing...   No sense of adventure I guess.  If I could sell this game, I probably would too.  :trollface:
I'm just saying.....

XT356 #9 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:49 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10431 battles
  • 2,522
  • [DNTCR]
  • Member since:
    11-07-2013

View Postredshadowrider, on 07 January 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

I know the rigging part about the sailboat.  Used to have one, but when you went for a sail, it just isn't turning the key and going.  It took an hour to set up before leaving the slip, then and hour to put everything away afterwards.  We sold the boat after 4 years...  wife didn't like the heeling over when sailing...   No sense of adventure I guess.  If I could sell this game, I probably would too.  :trollface:

 

Yeah, sail or V8, I went with the V8. An inboard motor will spoil a man. Until you have to work on it. Then it reminds me of a bus.
“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

DrHorrible4Life #10 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:50 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles
  • 4,693
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013

View Postdave mg 04, on 07 January 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

na you know the game is RIGGED when your is3 bounces 6 shots in a row off a hellcat that has no more than 35mm of armour. 

the math on the rng +or- 25% doesnt add up, 268mm of pen from the is3 couldnt even pen the 20mm of side armour let alone the 35mm turret armour.

and the team you were in lost 15/2 but the very next game you pen tier 9 and 10 heavies with no problem whatsoever and your team wins that game 15/5

so if the game is not rigged how did that happen????

but it is what it is, theres no other game like this so it's either this rigged guff or nothing......

 

 

There are a number of places you can hit a Hellcat with an IS3 for 0 damage, which isn't the same as bouncing.  But I don't think that's what happened.  

 

What I think is happening is that people, as a species, are ego-centric enough to blame their shortcomings on some conspiracy.  The fact remains that 1 rigged shot against YOU is also a rigged shot against your 14 teammates and rigged for ALL 15 opponents.  So by that logic, every shot from every player is predetermined.  

 

That seems pretty...two warnings.... Unlikely is the safe word to use.



LadyTanker #11 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 5867 battles
  • 3,606
  • Member since:
    09-23-2017

View PostDyslexsticks, on 07 January 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

The words, "rig" "rigging" and "rigged" are used by a typically frustrated group of users, typically when misfortune befalls their FV215b 183's otherwise on-target shot, causing it to plow into the dirt with a miss for around 400 damage. These misfortunes make players believe sometimes that the game has been deliberately set-up to fail from the beginning because of this, although things in life are probably more rigged than you'd otherwise think.

 

To properly understand what rigging is and how it might not be so bad all the time, we're going to look at a quick google definition of the word "rig".

Spoiler

 

 

So while excusing the poor formatting is seems the general gist of rigging is to set something up. Sounds really simple when you put it like that doesn't it? Really relatable in a way. So really this is where rigging gets interesting, because then, by taking into account the loosely conveyed meaning a shocking conclusion can be made.

 

Life is rigged!

 

It really is! You think about it for a second, when you do finally get to punch that [edited]on the internet right in their specky face, you set yourself up to do that. As you type responses you are rigging a text box to become a post via a button that, get this; has been rigged solely for the purpose of finalising your post.

 

When we think way way back, everything that has ever happened or will happen in the universe has been rigged by something, we just don't know what, and so many of us that were lucky enough to be rigged with sentience have different ideas on that one.

 

 

Spoiler

 

 

Dude, you crack me up with your documentary on rigging. :trollface:

SpartanFire71 #12 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23814 battles
  • 4,560
  • Member since:
    01-02-2016

Then there this.....

Spoiler

 


There are still some severe frustrations, but I still love to play.

 

 

 


LadyTanker #13 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 5867 battles
  • 3,606
  • Member since:
    09-23-2017


Hawk 206 #14 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:45 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31109 battles
  • 727
  • [GOAT]
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014

View Postdave mg 04, on 07 January 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

na you know the game is RIGGED when your is3 bounces 6 shots in a row off a hellcat that has no more than 35mm of armour.

 

That’s your fault for not firing HE at a hellcat when you got a 122mm cannon. No one else to blame.



allhavoc #15 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 51073 battles
  • 2,335
  • [10SR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostHawk 206, on 07 January 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

That’s your fault for not firing HE at a hellcat when you got a 122mm cannon. No one else to blame.

 

Sometimes it feels like if you fire the wrong ammo, the game punishes you.   Yeah, obviously HE is the right choice against a Hellcat, but logically AP should have penned.

[10SR]  


Dyslexsticks #16 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:22 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 34413 battles
  • 10,075
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View Postdave mg 04, on 07 January 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

na you know the game is RIGGED when your is3 bounces 6 shots in a row off a hellcat that has no more than 35mm of armour. 

the math on the rng +or- 25% doesnt add up, 268mm of pen from the is3 couldnt even pen the 20mm of side armour let alone the 35mm turret armour.

and the team you were in lost 15/2 but the very next game you pen tier 9 and 10 heavies with no problem whatsoever and your team wins that game 15/5

so if the game is not rigged how did that happen????

but it is what it is, theres no other game like this so it's either this rigged guff or nothing......

 

 

I highly doubt you actually bounced six in a row. Dumb crap does happen but unless I see any sort of footage I'm gonna assume that some details of the story may have been enhanced out of frustration. :D


Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Twitter (fixed!)My Xbox to YouTube Guide


Neurotic Cell #17 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:50 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23125 battles
  • 7,761
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2013
It’s almost like this thread is rigged to cure your boredom...

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”


Neurotic Cell #18 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:52 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23125 battles
  • 7,761
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2013

View Postallhavoc, on 07 January 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

 

Sometimes it feels like if you fire the wrong ammo, the game punishes you.   Yeah, obviously HE is the right choice against a Hellcat, but logically AP should have penned.

 

lol a leaf on a soft breeze should’ve penned!

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”


Pit Friend #19 Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:04 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33412 battles
  • 18,479
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View Postdave mg 04, on 07 January 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

na you know the game is RIGGED when your is3 bounces 6 shots in a row off a hellcat that has no more than 35mm of armour. 

the math on the rng +or- 25% doesnt add up, 268mm of pen from the is3 couldnt even pen the 20mm of side armour let alone the 35mm turret armour.

and the team you were in lost 15/2 but the very next game you pen tier 9 and 10 heavies with no problem whatsoever and your team wins that game 15/5

so if the game is not rigged how did that happen????

but it is what it is, theres no other game like this so it's either this rigged guff or nothing......

 

 

Bounced once? I can see it.  Bounced six times in a row off a Hellcat?

 

 

 


When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 


CSW652 #20 Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:25 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 50261 battles
  • 1,292
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

Shots are bouncing that shouldn't way to much if you ask me.  Just amazing that you can be top of the leader board for a few games and then go full potato for the next hour or so. Bouncing or missing everything.  I wonder if it has to do with the Long Haul op myself - when ever that is activated winning seems quite impossible.  Sort of like activating a XP boost ops and proceeding to have the worst game ever.







Also tagged with Perhaps, my, worst, post, yet, seriously, this, is, pure, faeces

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users