• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Tempest fox3 #21 Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:57 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20951 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postallhavoc, on 07 January 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

Sometimes it feels like if you fire the wrong ammo, the game punishes you.   Yeah, obviously HE is the right choice against a Hellcat, but logically AP should have penned.

Sounds more like he hit an external module like the tracks and missed the main body of the tank. Either way, no video so therefore I chose to call [edited]. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

VKSheridan #22 Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23287 battles

I rigged a bass jig and it worked.  The hook penned his lips and he bounced a few times when I reeled him in.  I put him back into the pond “educated” to see if he learned anything.  Just like the average WoT player, he hit it again a few days later.  I named him “Frank” and will pursue him again this spring.  He shouldn’t hang out near schools....

x rocketfish x #23 Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:53 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15607 battles
Glad your back.

dave mg 04 #24 Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:56 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33118 battles

first it most definitly happened, but there was no replay funtion at the time therefor couldn't get a replay.

and yes 6 shots in a row.

came round a corner and here was this hellcat sitting 150 metres away PERFECTLY side on and the guy was in sniper mode shooting someone so he didn't even notice me there.

so my first thought was merry xmass to me such a lovely present, yeah right.

decided to track him so he couldn't run away.

first shot bounced right off the front jockey wheel and was a critical hit but no damage(fair enough, i suppose)

guy still hasn't noticed me and was still shooting who-ever.

second shot i thought go for the turret BOUNCED dead centre of the turret.

now the guy noticed as while loading 3rd shell that's when he turned his turret (just the turret still perfectly side on)

he shot and tracked me and DID damage.

3rd shot i went for the gap between the tracks as to hit the hull, ANOTHER bounce.

4th shot  i went for the engine deck and another bounce.

5th shot tried the turret again.

6th shot i tried the side armour again above the tracks.

all shots went exactly where i aimed them they all just bounced, by the time i fired the 6 he had killed the is3, penning  every shot.(i was hull down behind a rock)

he mailed me after the game as he was as surprised as i was that this just happened and it was his FIRST EVER steel wall medal game.

nothing is exaggerated or made up. it happened end off.

rng gods must of been in his favour and were crapping on me a a very great height....

Edited by dave mg 04, 08 January 2019 - 09:58 AM.

miju irl #25 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:12 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16304 battles
  • [IRL]

I've played enough games to come to conclusion that RNG isn't decided as each shot is fired but decided at start of game.

You notice RNG alot in arty for example. There is also RNG in cases where it is just obvious. Example is me bouncing the unangled rear of a t29 engine block in my fully upgraded t28 firing premium also. That kind of RNG should not exist in the game.

When you look at end of game screen after a ROFL stomp and view losing side stats you will see at least 50-60% bounce rate.

That's alot of potential damage lost which in turn then leads to the snowballing ROFL stomps IMO.

The Big G BO #26 Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 93176 battles

View Postdave mg 04, on 08 January 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

first it most definitly happened, but there was no replay funtion at the time therefor couldn't get a replay.

and yes 6 shots in a row.

came round a corner and here was this hellcat sitting 150 metres away PERFECTLY side on and the guy was in sniper mode shooting someone so he didn't even notice me there.

so my first thought was merry xmass to me such a lovely present, yeah right.

decided to track him so he couldn't run away.

first shot bounced right off the front jockey wheel and was a critical hit but no damage(fair enough, i suppose)

guy still hasn't noticed me and was still shooting who-ever.

second shot i thought go for the turret BOUNCED dead centre of the turret.

now the guy noticed as while loading 3rd shell that's when he turned his turret (just the turret still perfectly side on)

he shot and tracked me and DID damage.

3rd shot i went for the gap between the tracks as to hit the hull, ANOTHER bounce.

4th shot  i went for the engine deck and another bounce.

5th shot tried the turret again.

6th shot i tried the side armour again above the tracks.

all shots went exactly where i aimed them they all just bounced, by the time i fired the 6 he had killed the is3, penning  every shot.(i was hull down behind a rock)

he mailed me after the game as he was as surprised as i was that this just happened and it was his FIRST EVER steel wall medal game.

nothing is exaggerated or made up. it happened end off.

rng gods must of been in his favour and were crapping on me a a very great height....

Yes, your a ghost  in the game when skill and knowledge are discarded by RNG.

SandM9 #27 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32859 battles
Pffft! why go through all the trouble of rigging the game when you can rely on sloppy mechanics and gullible players. Working as intended.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

Dyslexsticks #28 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34409 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostNeurotic Cell, on 07 January 2019 - 11:50 PM, said:

It’s almost like this thread is rigged to cure your boredom...

Me, bored? Please, that's so off the mark. :trollface:

Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Twitter (fixed!)My Xbox to YouTube Guide

Neurotic Cell #29 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23125 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostDyslexsticks, on 08 January 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

Me, bored? Please, that's so off the mark. :trollface:

RNG hits me again...

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

dave mg 04 #30 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:24 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33118 battles

View PostSandM9, on 08 January 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Pffft! why go through all the trouble of rigging the game when you can rely on sloppy mechanics and gullible players. Working as intended.

because RNG can't compensate for stupid maybe??:trollface:

but i can think of a few games where a team has been decimated but still won due to capping out. 

Also tagged with Perhaps, my, worst, post, yet, seriously, this, is, pure, faeces

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users