Nerfed Badger... why?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Orbtastic1 #21 Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 42094 battles
  • [UK]
Makes sense for them to introduce new tanks rather than nerf existing tanks. If people on the PC are moaning about its performance, why not introduce it already nerfed or balanced? Just like they did with the Soviet TD that got nerfed about 4-5 times on the PC before it was balanced.

JONNYREBELGTX #22 Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20355 battles

While it appears to be arriving in a nerfed state, I will reserve judgement after it's been in the field, in context, for a little while and listen to feedback. At least on paper, it can dish out as much if not more alpha as an E4, for instance, in the same amount of time. 

As far as the theory that introducing a non op tank up front so that players won't be disappointed in a later nerf is a little implausible. Just look at the new Soviet X's. 155mm on an extremely armored Heavy? 430u? What about the 60TP? Absolution?

SchildMESSER #23 Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:59 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24703 battles
  • [NWO]

View PostOrbtastic1, on 09 January 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Makes sense for them to introduce new tanks rather than nerf existing tanks. If people on the PC are moaning about its performance, why not introduce it already nerfed or balanced? Just like they did with the Soviet TD that got nerfed about 4-5 times on the PC before it was balanced.

yeah the only difference on PC between badger and obj268v4 is, the badger suck and obj258v4 was op as f... .

but the console team nerfed the 268v4 so hard, it's trash now and they trying the same with the badger.

It's funny how they destroy the tanks obj 268v4 was Op because it was as fast as an medium with armour like an T110E3 

instead of giving it sort of an weakspot  it's now the same slow turd like an E3 with worse gun and armour .

The only thing the badger had was decent armour and great dpm (it is still a bad tank on PC).

So our dev team in their infinte wisdom decided to take away it's only strength and well it is now a turd like E3 with less armour OKish dpm and less alpha great.:sceptic:

You may want to check out this 

3MOE: 32Tanks  100% damage standing: Pz4H, Vk 36 01, Tiger 1, Tiger 2, E75, E100

Orbtastic1 #24 Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 42094 battles
  • [UK]

View PostJONNYREBELGTX, on 10 January 2019 - 06:38 AM, said:

While it appears to be arriving in a nerfed state, I will reserve judgement after it's been in the field, in context, for a little while and listen to feedback. At least on paper, it can dish out as much if not more alpha as an E4, for instance, in the same amount of time. 

As far as the theory that introducing a non op tank up front so that players won't be disappointed in a later nerf is a little implausible. Just look at the new Soviet X's. 155mm on an extremely armored Heavy? 430u? What about the 60TP? Absolution?

The new top tier Soviet and Polish heavies have decent armour but I don't really remember anyone saying either here or on the PC that they were broken or overpowered. I see people moaning about the accuracy, DPM and pen with the heat rounds. So it's reasonably balanced. They both also have weak lower plates and the Polish heavy can't sidescrape.

As for the defender, well it's idiot proof due to the armour layout but I would say on balance it's not better than the IS3. It's not idiot proof against players that know what they're doing. As to why WOT would introduce a tank that is on paper "better" than a TT tank, hm let me think why would they do that? Skorpion etc. It's just a shameless cash grab.

Absolution? Lol, it's garbage. It has a giant tumour on top you can hit from literally anywhere. It has a decent gun but so what, you can get the same gun on Tier 5 tanks. It's another idiot proof tank that people complain they can't autoaim against, well in my mind they should change all the tanks so autoaim locks onto a point of the tank that you can't pen without aiming.

So yeah, point still stands. Why introduce a tank that you know was broken on the PC, and was still broken FOUR successive nerfs/rebalances later? Makes no sense.

It makes sense for them to pursue their business model and introduce more premiums which look superficially better than TT tanks for cold hard cash and introduce more TT lines/countries to keep people interested in the game and also have ridiculously long OPs to grind for a "free" tank that keep people playing. Then chuck in the odd new TT branch rather than replacing tanks people moan about (waffle, Deathstar).

The badger is known on the PC for having the best DPM in the entire game and that thick/sloped armour but it has glaring weaknesses, it's already had 2 rounds of nerfs to the DPM. Again, why introduce a tank in a state that you know on another platform was causing problems? lol

I pok smote #25 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:43 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12068 battles
After playing more games in my badger I got to say it is hella boring to play

I pok smote #26 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:54 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12068 battles

View PostI pok smote, on 12 January 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

After playing more games in my badger I got to say it is hella boring to play

After playing even more more games it has transitioned to my current #1

ProPAINdelivery #27 Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:19 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12140 battles
  • [B0NE]
I am 47 games in and I kinda wish the rate if fire was more. I get arty hit a lot, can not reload fast enough to keep people from getting around me. It has great armor in the front but the top makes for a arty problem. I really really loved my tortoise. But this is leaving me a bit on the bored side. I have 230 games in my tortoise and this was not what I had hoped for. Taking 1+ shots per minute off expected rate if fire feels like a huge draw back. Great alpha, great pen, great frontal armor.. I just hate seeing how powerful this is on pc videos and then we have its special little brother that I get out traded by a lot of other vehicles lower tiers. That is a bad feeling. I feel I should be able to punish people more for taking on a tier 10 destroyer. Really hope they listen to this. 

Sledge1Swede #28 Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 52633 battles
  • [CH4OS]

View PostProPAINdelivery, on 21 January 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

I am 47 games in and I kinda wish the rate if fire was more. I get arty hit a lot, can not reload fast enough to keep people from getting around me. It has great armor in the front but the top makes for a arty problem. I really really loved my tortoise. But this is leaving me a bit on the bored side. I have 230 games in my tortoise and this was not what I had hoped for. Taking 1+ shots per minute off expected rate if fire feels like a huge draw back. Great alpha, great pen, great frontal armor.. I just hate seeing how powerful this is on pc videos and then we have its special little brother that I get out traded by a lot of other vehicles lower tiers. That is a bad feeling. I feel I should be able to punish people more for taking on a tier 10 destroyer. Really hope they listen to this. 

Badger is ordinary compared to other tierX TD.s atleast WG could try to balance the tanks by tank class i mean try harder then this.

Badger is slow rotation speed easy tracked with low alpha low pen on ammo especially on long shoots.

It is fun though but the fun starts to fade away quickley if the DPM numbers post stat is not getting you to forget about the flaws.

iNsaneMilesy #29 Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:43 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16401 battles
  • [XXXCP]
Its a British vehicle. WOT hates the UK tanks.
THIRTY CORPS (XXXCP)

ProPAINdelivery #30 Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:08 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12140 battles
  • [B0NE]

View PostCyberGopher, on 08 January 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

I think everyone was expecting a new OP tier X tank destroying monster on the same level as the waffle or Death Star. Now that it isn’t they are all upset.

To much hype I guess.

You guy really got to stop comparing everything here to PC for Christ’s sake. It isn’t PC so let it go.

People always say this is not pc.... same people get paid why is our game different... we have almost everything else the same.

Geordie P #31 Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 23040 battles
It is a bit of a let down, I was playing my first match with it and I knew something didnt feel right with the r.o.f.
h

Funktastic Ed #32 Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18996 battles

Are you serious, this thing is the definition of OP.

Totally invincible when facing, absolute 0 weakspots to target, i shot this beast with 704 it bounced 5 times averything i shot, even HESH !

And in the mean times he shot about 10 times and killed three of my partners.

Because 9sec of reload with the same firepower as a Auf PzIV is just crazy.

Wanna know what i think ?

It should be nerfed even more, because one day soon all these "OP tanks players" (the one that stop playing a tank when it's not OP anymore… ) will bring this monster on battlefield and playing Heavy tank will be even more screwed.

Everytime i encountered this thing my game was over, i d'rather have a FV183 before me than this thing, no jokes.

High firerate + troll front armor + High DPM + faster than most vehicules of same type and 10° of gun depression...what do you want more ?

You want it to shoot missiles ?

You want it to fly ?

Want invincibility ?

Don't ask why there's less and less players...

Edited by Funktastic Ed, 03 July 2019 - 12:31 PM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

l Alive l #33 Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:14 AM

Private

• Players
  • 24074 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 03 July 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

Totally invincible when facing, absolute 0 weakspots to target, i shot this beast with 704 it bounced 5 times averything i shot, even HESH !

It should be nerfed even more, because one day soon all these "OP tanks players" (the one that stop playing a tank when it's not OP anymore… ) will bring this monster on battlefield and playing Heavy tank will be even more screwed.

Everytime i encountered this thing my game was over, i d'rather have a FV183 before me than this thing, no jokes.

High firerate + troll front armor + High DPM + faster than most vehicules of same type and 10° of gun depression...what do you want more ?

You want it to fly ?

Want invincibility ?

It's good but not OP. Doesn't turn fast most ppl spam prem at this thing and most of the time it goes through. The only way you gonna bounce 100% is if you're hull down. Even then jagpz e100 with heat can sometimes go through 

Koncorde #34 Posted 04 July 2019 - 08:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24891 battles
Yeah, anything but OP. It's not as reliable forward facing as it's stats would suggest, but with a little terrain and cover for that lower plate and it can be very exploity. No more than an E4 though really.

Geordie P #35 Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:12 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23040 battles

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 03 July 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

You want it to fly ?

Want invincibility ?

I think this has more to do with power creep.

Most tanks cannot compete with being jumped and circled by auto-loading heroes ganking not so nimble slow turreted / Turretless older favourites.

h

iNsaneMilesy #36 Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:32 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16401 battles
  • [XXXCP]
I think the gun is fine giving the great armour. What it most certainly needs is to turn WAY faster on the spot so you can meet your enemy, like the tortoise or german TDs. It turns far too slowly.
THIRTY CORPS (XXXCP)

xiverisx #37 Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23313 battles
  • [WEAZL]

View PostiNsaneMilesy, on 19 September 2019 - 03:32 AM, said:

I think the gun is fine giving the great armour. What it most certainly needs is to turn WAY faster on the spot so you can meet your enemy, like the tortoise or german TDs. It turns far too slowly.

This tank was all about DPM in my opinion, that's why it's so unpopular now and you won't see it anymore in the battle field :)
Just another WoT Console player on XBOX with a little YouTube channel with my recent gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/xiverisx

Sledge1Swede #38 Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 52633 battles
  • [CH4OS]

View Postxiverisx, on 19 September 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

This tank was all about DPM in my opinion, that's why it's so unpopular now and you won't see it anymore in the battle field :)

Nope it is about closing in down to tier VIII so they can use there sorry butt guns to do damage to another nerfed down tier X tank it is actually quit boring to play the game nowadays everything over tier VIII is nerfed to oblivion and that reflects today numbers of players in the game a sad story.

wake_the_move #39 Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:45 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11006 battles

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 08 January 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Agreed. I'd buy the Progetto even in a nerfed state most likely unless i win it for free somehow. I'll get Deathstar and Badger once Tortoise gets some love :)

The premium Progetto actually is quite „buff-worthy“. 9.xx seconds reload (with a 100% crew and gun rammer) for a single 240 alpha shot is way too long for a T8 premium, and if you go by emptying you whole clip at any opportunity you got half the Iron Rain‘s dpm, which is subpar itself already.

Funktastic Ed #40 Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18996 battles

View PostiNsaneMilesy, on 09 February 2019 - 02:43 AM, said:

Its a British vehicle. WOT hates the UK tanks.

UK tanks are the best ingame period.

Comet is easy to play and surprisingly effective

The new Conqueror (Shields + 10° gun dep) and S-Conq are 100% OP

Don't even try to come explaining it is not.

Centurion AX and FV4202 are just the two best meds ingame...

And what about those 1000+ sp damag TD's that only UK have in the game (Deathstar, FV4005), those Fun-Killing, Joy-killing troll super heavy guns that make tier X games total crap now ?

What can go wrong when you can trade 450sp to take out 1200sp to your opponent ?

Yeah that's easy, of course it is.

WG don't like UK ?

You must be joking.

Now let's talk about the Badger, it is I.N.V.I.N.C.I.B.L.E from front there is absolutly no weak spots to rely on, it is absolutly not normal, and it is not fair either !

Why is it nerfed ?.

The real question here is, why is it invincible from front, and how is it fair ?

Edited by Funktastic Ed, 21 September 2019 - 04:35 PM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users