Bug or Chance to add even more to camo value?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

SteampunkPagan #1 Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:19 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93662 battles
  • [HDC-R]

Hello,

I honestly do not know if this is a bug or a change by WG to allow added camo value to premium tanks that already have camo.

So looking at my BOG Horror & WRAITH in the past for camo it said unavailable now on those two I can pick clear camo for them. These are the only two I have found though on Twitter I have seen some post where the T32-Proto is now allowing clear & was not before today's update. So I ask is this a bug or a chance to add to camo values of these Tanks?

Thanks & sorry if this has been asked bor reported by others.

SPP 

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

BrogueOne #2 Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:35 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23242 battles
  • [ELDER]
There was some change in sales policy recently where “skinned” vehicles would be able to equip clear camo to get the camo bonus.  They did this to reduce the cost of said vehicles whilst still making concealment buffs an option.  That process has obviously been a little messy and unclear, but that’s basically what Max said about clear camo and newer reskins in a post or two a while ago.

SteampunkPagan #3 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:01 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93662 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostBrogueOne, on 08 January 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

There was some change in sales policy recently where “skinned” vehicles would be able to equip clear camo to get the camo bonus. They did this to reduce the cost of said vehicles whilst still making concealment buffs an option. That process has obviously been a little messy and unclear, but that’s basically what Max said about clear camo and newer reskins in a post or two a while ago.

Thanks & do you have a link to any of those. I checked Patch notes & could not find it though I may have missed it. Thanks for any help finding a link.

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

BrogueOne #4 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:17 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23242 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 09 January 2019 - 03:01 AM, said:

Thanks & do you have a link to any of those. I checked Patch notes & could not find it though I may have missed it. Thanks for any help finding a link.

SPP

I don’t recall it being in any patch notes.  I also don’t recall which threads Max had commented in.  That means I don’t have any links and I’m sorry.  You may want to sift through the Bug Reports forum for any posts about the Wraith/Bog camo to see if that’s where the official response lies. (That’s where I think the most likely place will be)

SteampunkPagan #5 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:21 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93662 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostBrogueOne, on 08 January 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

I don’t recall it being in any patch notes.  I also don’t recall which threads Max had commented in.  That means I don’t have any links and I’m sorry.  You may want to sift through the Bug Reports forum for any posts about the Wraith/Bog camo to see if that’s where the official response lies. (That’s where I think the most likely place will be)

Thanks & that is why I gripe so much about the poor patch notes in this game. Patch notes should be the end answer for the question "was this changed" every time. I wish WG would improve in that area their notes have so much left out creating unnecessary confusion & mistrust on issues just like this.

SPP

BrogueOne #6 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:25 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23242 battles
  • [ELDER]
Update: I scrolled through the Bug Reports and couldn’t find anything.  

SteampunkPagan #7 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:26 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93662 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostBrogueOne, on 08 January 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

Update: I scrolled through the Bug Reports and couldn’t find anything.

Same here! Again thanks for the help & for looking.

SquizzM3 #8 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5091 battles
  • [TVR4]

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/225324-camo-changes-on-bog-horror-and-wraith/page__hl__%2Bbog+%2Bhorror__fromsearch__1

Quite a bit of back and forth in here if it helps.  

Witness the Sh!tness...

SteampunkPagan #9 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:28 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93662 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostSquizzM3, on 08 January 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

Thank you very much:great:

fozfactor #10 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 58999 battles
T32-A took clear camo paint for the added concealment value before today's update. 

non nobis solum

SteampunkPagan #11 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:36 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93662 battles
  • [HDC-R]

So premium  tanks with paint/skins now do not have an added camo value based on that thread post from Max & clear is the only camo that can be added to them even thought the price of the tanks is equal to or in some cases higher than those that have a camp on them. Strange change by WG guess they are looking for more ways to monetize premium tanks after sale. Thanks all for your help.

SPP 

Edit:

For 250 gold each I want something other than clear that is for sure.

Edited by SteampunkPagan, 09 January 2019 - 03:44 AM.

BrogueOne #12 Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:31 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23242 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 09 January 2019 - 03:36 AM, said:

So premium  tanks with paint/skins now do not have an added camo value based on that thread post from Max & clear is the only camo that can be added to them even thought the price of the tanks is equal to or in some cases higher than those that have a camp on them. Strange change by WG guess they are looking for more ways to monetize premium tanks after sale. Thanks all for your help.

SPP 

Edit:

For 250 gold each I want something other than clear that is for sure.

Making the camo bonus optional to “reduce up front vehicle costs” is honestly kinda lame.  Like you said, camo bonus or not they’re still charging EXTRA for that skin in the first place.  If the only camo option is clear just include the camo bonus with the tank purchase.  Don’t charge more for a paint job only to ask them to pay again for a bonus that used to be baked in.  When you’re already over charging for those reskins to begin with the least they can do is not make you pay even more.

f1mitku #13 Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 47778 battles
This change has been made to allow them to get more money for additional camo purchases. Reducing prices was just silly excuse because the prices weren’t reduced. Maybe they are just not that raised.
Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

R35T NO MORE #14 Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:59 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16023 battles
  • [BNKR-]
Just get the 30 day camo options. You would get the silver back within a game or two. I wouldn't advise spending gold due to the change. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

KilledByPing #15 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15680 battles
  • [ENVY]

View PostBrogueOne, on 09 January 2019 - 05:35 AM, said:

There was some change in sales policy recently where “skinned” vehicles would be able to equip clear camo to get the camo bonus. They did this to reduce the cost of said vehicles whilst still making concealment buffs an option. That process has obviously been a little messy and unclear, but that’s basically what Max said about clear camo and newer reskins in a post or two a while ago.

Wait what ?

But "skinned" version always had "built-in" camo therefore had better camo value then same "unskinned" tank since "skin" = "camo" just a fancy one. This why purchasing camo for them was unavailable (since they already have one) and this exactly why they cost more then regular versions (if you count the difference you'll see that difference =  permament 4 season camo value in gold).

You saying that all re-skin premiums now also have to purchase camo ?

SteampunkPagan #16 Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:14 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93662 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostKilledByPing, on 09 January 2019 - 02:57 AM, said:

Wait what ?

But "skinned" version always had "built-in" camo therefore had better camo value then same "unskinned" tank since "skin" = "camo" just a fancy one. This why purchasing camo for them was unavailable (since they already have one) and this exactly why they cost more then regular versions (if you count the difference you'll see that difference =  permament 4 season camo value in gold).

You saying that all re-skin premiums now also have to purchase camo ?

Yep & honestly this move makes zero sense to me the BOG mainly is just dumb. I never waste silver on camp for premium tanks (I am sure someone will say to do that but even then clear should not be the ONLY option). The fact that they did this to Monster Tanks I also find shocking.

SPP 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users