No camo bonus iron rain t32 a proto latest scam premium tanks

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Kilkenny23 #1 Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:55 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 35135 battles
  • [XXXCP]

So i have purchased both thr iron rain borsig as well as the t32 a proto, which both have custom paint jobs. 

And to my surpise in order to get the camouflage bonus for both these tanks you have to pay exta. Be it silver for temporary or 200 gold per slot for the permanent bonus. which is crazy as some people have purchased the more expensive packages 

You are only given transparent as the option.

If they going to have this as their new pratice to rob us out of more money, they cold at the very least open up all the camo options so we can layer the tanks custom paint with the camo like what can be done with tanks like the t34 88 etc

Turboclicker #2 Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:58 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22110 battles
This is inexcusable. 

suicidalblues #3 Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:02 AM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 41855 battles
  • [WOFT]
I think this idea makes sense. I also think these prices are in line with previous pricing and don't reflect a "savings" to the customer that used to pay for the exclusive camo. But that's my tinfoil hat talking, I'm sure.

PYLE33 #4 Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:04 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 8779 battles
There are already a couple threads about this. WG said that not all tanks with special paint schemes are sold with camo to keep the cost down and just like any premium without camo at all it can or has to be purchased to get the bonus. I think the issue that brought it up was a bug or mistake where some of these tanks didn't have the camo option in customization sections at first but did later and players had questions to say the least.

Turboclicker #5 Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:05 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22110 battles

View PostPYLE33, on 09 January 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

There are already a couple threads about this. WG said that not all tanks with special paint schemes are sold with camo to keep the cost down and just like any premium without camo at all it can or has to be purchased to get the bonus. I think the issue that brought it up was a bug or mistake where some of these tanks didn't have the camo option in customization sections at first but did later and players had questions to say the least.

That's not really an excuse they can use. It already has paint. It should have the bonus. You already pay $50 for a single tank, they can keep that to themselves.

PYLE33 #6 Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:11 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 8779 battles

View PostTurboclicker, on 09 January 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

That's not really an excuse they can use. It already has paint. It should have the bonus. You already pay $50 for a single tank, they can keep that to themselves.

I agree, didn't happen to see the tanks get any cheaper on the contrary most of em are 60 bucks now. Just what they said and why some of the players that had had the affected tanks for a while were pizzed when they saw it.

SteampunkPagan #7 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:00 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 92936 battles
  • [HDC-R]

100% not a fan of this new after the sale monetization add to that only clear being an option I am one of WGCB's biggest supporters but this move has zero defense & makes zero sense.

SPP 

http://forum-console...-to-camo-value/

http://forum-console...ror-and-wraith/

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Huncho_Mystic #8 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11055 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 09 January 2019 - 05:00 PM, said:

100% not a fan of this new after the sale monetization add to that only clear being an option I am one of WGCB's biggest supporters but this move has zero defense & makes zero sense.

SPP 

http://forum-console...-to-camo-value/

http://forum-console...ror-and-wraith/

Ya I saw a thread where they had quietly changed these tanks to not include camo to reduce the cost.  Funny thing is, the cost doesn't look reduced.   These tanks are too expensive.  Please go back to the cool 50% prices, and 50% bundles of tanks.  I'll buy those!

SirDerp-a-lot #9 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 54160 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostPYLE33, on 10 January 2019 - 01:04 AM, said:

There are already a couple threads about this. WG said that not all tanks with special paint schemes are sold with camo to keep the cost down

That's where bulls#it is shining through. There is no cost. A tank is just bit in a database.

Kilkenny23 #10 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:28 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 35135 battles
  • [XXXCP]

They also advertise the tank as having "great" camo.... But don't mention anywhere about having no bonus and you have to pay extra for it. Thats misleading and illegal in many places

Its a money grab

Edited by Kilkenny23, 10 January 2019 - 01:36 AM.

PYLE33 #11 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:36 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 8779 battles

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 09 January 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

That's where bulls#it is shining through. There is no cost. A tank is just bit in a database.

That may be but the people, places, and infrastructure that arrange those bits on said database and bring them to us have to make a living and WG is a company that must turn a profit from its digital product and services to stay in business. The alternative is we all find other games or past times to migrate to cause this one went broke. 

Having said that I don't agree with everything they do and the post above this one is why. That is in the add/description and is false advertisement.

SteampunkPagan #12 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:37 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 92936 battles
  • [HDC-R]

This is like McDonald's selling you a hamburger then after you buy telling you that to keep cost down we no longer put any meat on it that will be extra...Yet still charge you full price for both...lol.

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

SirDerp-a-lot #13 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 54160 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostPYLE33, on 10 January 2019 - 02:36 AM, said:

That may be but the people, places, and infrastructure that arrange those bits on said database and bring them to us have to make a living and WG is a company that must turn a profit from its digital product and services to stay in business. The alternative is we all find other games or past times to migrate to cause this one went broke.

I'm not saying that they should give away the tanks for free. I'm saying that the rationale for forcing the user to pay for literally nothing is bullcrap.

BrogueOne #14 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:48 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23061 battles
  • [ELDER]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 10 January 2019 - 01:14 AM, said:

The intent is to reduce cost for the players.  I don’t agree with this, but just to play Devil’s Advocate: There were prior complaints about having to pay more for reskins that they couldn’t apply a camo bonus to.  Nevermind that the camo bonus used to be baked-in, players did ask for it to be optional so they wouldn’t have to pay extra if they didn’t want to or could apply the camo bonus if they chose to.  

Tanks like Iron Rain and the T32-A would easily have a base gold value 1000-1500 more than what they are if the camo bonus was included.  Regardless, players would still complain that they’re overpriced.  Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

and for the record: If a tank, reskin or not, does not come with a baked-in Camouflage bonus, and WG expects you to pay extra for Camouflage, then you should have the full range of camo schemes available for that Nation.  Or just stop making skins that you aren’t willing to allow regular camo(not this Clear-only crap) on. That’s my personal opinion. 

Tempest fox3 #15 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:51 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20687 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostPYLE33, on 10 January 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

To keep the cost down, lol. Makes it sound like they think they're doing you a favour by not charging you for paint. 

If you're paying $50 for a digital tank, I'm pretty sure they can throw in some free digital paint without it affecting their bottom line. Not like there's a supply and demand issue here. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

SteampunkPagan #16 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:53 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 92936 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostBrogueOne, on 09 January 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

The intent is to reduce cost for the players.  I don’t agree with this, but just to play Devil’s Advocate: There were prior complaints about having to pay more for reskins that they couldn’t apply a camo bonus to.  Nevermind that the camo bonus used to be baked-in, players did ask for it to be optional so they wouldn’t have to pay extra if they didn’t want to or could apply the camo bonus if they chose to.  

Tanks like Iron Rain and the T32-A would easily have a base gold value 1000-1500 more than what they are if the camo bonus was included.  Regardless, players would still complain that they’re overpriced.  Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

and for the record: If a tank, reskin or not, does not come with a baked-in Camouflage bonus, and WG expects you to pay extra for Camouflage, then you should have the full range of camo schemes available for that Nation.  Or just stop making skins that you aren’t willing to allow regular camo(not this Clear-only crap) on. That’s my personal opinion. 

Then give the option for more than "clear". That is a joke on us players right? It is clear after all I am sure from the gameplay that is some here's favorite color...lol

EDIT:

BTW I know you do not agree and were just as you said playing devils advocate but this is a bad move by WGCB since the price did NOT come down on those tanks the T32 proto is a great example of this.

Edited by SteampunkPagan, 10 January 2019 - 01:59 AM.

Vampire_Izumi #17 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26100 battles
  • [LEONI]

well, the Bizon costs more than  the regular T-103 and it has no special cammo (it costs 2,100 more than the regular T-103)

Bizon=12,600 T-103=10,500

Bizon's camo rating= 14

T-103's Camo Rating = 14

yet the Bizon costs 2,100 more...

all camo on Bizon has to be bought and it uses the Standard camos too, so it is a extra 800 gold in order to gain camo bonuses...

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

Reaper_-218- #18 Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24360 battles

I have the T32-A and assumed that because I am not allowed to apply the other Camo options, that it automatically had the Camo bonus built in!

I DON’T want to pay extra just to have the same paint scheme.

I believe that any tank that is sold and not allowed to apply personalised Camo, should have the Camo bonus built in.

I didn’t see anywhere on the Store screen in the game, that told us of this petty, money grab!

WG has just shown why we should put off buying their new tanks until AFTER they have been out for a long time, as it looks like we can’t expect the complete truth from them unless it’s dragged out of them!

RAGNAR0K N ROLL #19 Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:16 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19262 battles
  • [JOCO]
Yeah it's a weird policy on some tanks like the Audace which isn't even the normal French blue color but tan like the super Sherman.

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

Kilkenny23 #20 Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 35135 battles
  • [XXXCP]

View PostReaper_-218-, on 10 January 2019 - 02:07 AM, said:

I have the T32-A and assumed that because I am not allowed to apply the other Camo options, that it automatically had the Camo bonus built in!

I DON’T want to pay extra just to have the same paint scheme.

I believe that any tank that is sold and not allowed to apply personalised Camo, should have the Camo bonus built in.

I didn’t see anywhere on the Store screen in the game, that told us of this petty, money grab!

WG has just shown why we should put off buying their new tanks until AFTER they have been out for a long time, as it looks like we can’t expect the complete truth from them unless it’s dragged out of them!

my point exacty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users