Looking for tips on the M26.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Das_Ritterkreuz #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5765 battles
I used free xp to max her out, but I am really struggling to make the M26 work.  What's the best way to use this tank?
Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason --James Randi

DeepWombat #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:45 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13381 battles

I’m not great in it, but I use it’s speed to get to ridgelines quickly if available and snipe for the start of the game. Then look for flanking opportunities. It’s no brawler or hull down star.

If there are no ridgelines I support the heavies on the second line and again look for flanking opportunities.

I don’t think the M26 really excels at anything, so it can feel a bit meh.

Pontiac Pat #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:00 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 24988 battles
  • [47R]
Personally I prefer the second to top package with its higher dpm.  It's got great accuracy on the move, so it's great for quick little pop shots.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

El Materdor43 #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32370 battles
  • [HACKS]

It doesn’t do any one thing great but it does almost everything well. It is a good peek a boom fighter, a good flanker, it can spot pretty well, even when -2. The gun has good enough pen to be a real contributor when bottom tier. It has good gun depression so it can work ridgelines and it snapshots quite well. The gun mantle is pretty well armored, for its tier, but it gets penned rather easily by most of the TD’s it sees of the same tier or higher. The mobility could be better but it’s workable. 

Dont overextend and dont try to defend flanks alone. Use the terrain to your advantage and you will get along with it pretty well

CamaroGuy96 #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:08 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9978 battles
To get the most out of the Pershing you have to be flexible. Top tier you can play aggressively and rely on the armor. Below top tier be more cautious and look for opportunities. The gun is decent enough that with apcr you can still hurt most tier Xs. You have good enough mobility to reposition around the map as needed. Being able to work the terrain and keep the hull down, peaking over ridges and around corners will help alot.

XBOX ONE 

Garage has too many tanks to list now...

drewptwo #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7604 battles
  • [T-HED]
Just got done grinding this tank about a month ago and what has been suggested is spot on.  Try using ridges if you are going to fight or cover to do some peak a boom.  The turret will bounce some but not enough to be a reliable hull down tank.  The gun is reliable enough.  I had quite a bit of success playing off of the hip of a heavy tank or two.  Take your opportunity to engage tanks distracted by them and move to flank when the opportunity presents itself.

PumpkinEcobar #7 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14881 battles
Snipe and scout. It has a GREAT view range. Don't count on any armor to save you. It can flank on city maps when needed, but it's home is on a ridge somewhere. The Pershing is a good tank, but I like my Vengeance better. The gun isn't as powerful but it has mantlet armor that will save you from time to time.

Das_Ritterkreuz #8 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:23 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5765 battles
Sniping I can do.  Thanks for the all the tips guys.
Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason --James Randi

Pit Friend #9 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32993 battles
  • [PTATO]
Don’t be afraid to use APCR.  It has one of if not the highest penetration increases of any tank between its standard AP and APCR. You get the most bang for your buck with it. 

Una nox dormienda - You only live once (but classier)

PumpkinEcobar #10 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14881 battles

View PostPit Friend, on 11 January 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

Don’t be afraid to use APCR.  It has one of if not the highest penetration increases of any tank between its standard AP and APCR. You get the most bang for your buck with it. 

I do believe it is the best. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users