How close is close?

End game finished Want my medal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Fishfood50 #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 702 battles
I use a spreadsheet to keep an eye on the tanks I am researching and as I'm getting close to finishing everything (or so I thought) I added everything I haven't bought to the sheet and I discovered I need 8.8 million XP across 34 tanks to be done. That includes all modules even if I could skip it and every T10 that needs a gun or whatever researched. So in the grand scheme I'm close, but is this really that close and will I ever get to the end considering that WG keeps adding more tanks. It was nearly 1 million XP added the other day with just 4 extra tank, this just needs to stop.......well until I'm done and have my medal!!!!!

Joco3000 #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:48 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26499 battles
  • [JOCO]
I'd certainly say that is close. Closer than I am, that's for sure.

With how XP is distributed along lines, about half the required XP will be the tier IX stock grind and the tier X. It's not uncommon in games to function like that.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Camelman Fin #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24055 battles
  • [CRPT]
I have five tier nines that need 10-40k xp for tens and tortoise needs 110 to badger and then are those new french hevys where i need to grind full ammount begining tier seven. All other tens are open and almoust all of those are bought allready 

Fishfood50 #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 702 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 11 January 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

I'd certainly say that is close. Closer than I am, that's for sure.

With how XP is distributed along lines, about half the required XP will be the tier IX stock grind and the tier X. It's not uncommon in games to function like that.

I think the spread is fair and fine, but wish I'd checked what was needed more before this as I still have tanks with 2 and 3 T10s on them and that just sucks.The OBJ. 430 II has 848,500 XP and I haven't finished the OBJ. 416 yet. I think 2 tanks should be the max or do it in some way so you use less XP, so say you need to research 3 tanks all at 200K XP you do 1 for 200K then the next is 150K and the last 100K, it would be a bit better than this ridiculous amount of grinding on certain tanks.

ATHFjman18 #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17988 battles
  • [JOCO]
I’ve fully accepted that the game will shutdown well before I can ever grind all tier X tanks, esp arty. We are nearing the game’s 5th year and I still haven’t hit 20k battles yet! :teethhappy:

Ronin Gaidin #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34080 battles

I also use a spreadsheet to keep track of my garage and progress. Pretty short list these days, with only four lines remaining (new French Tier VIII Heavy, Obj 430 II finishing out the third and final grind, Object 705 almost done, and Polish Tier IX). Have more than enough Free XP accumulated to finish them all, but can't spend it since there is some "buy tanks with Free XP" thing on the horizon for which we still don't have any details. :angry:

Bigger problem for me is looking at all of those unlocked Tier X's I need to buy. I've bought a lot of them during the 30% off sales, but I will still need something like 90 million Silver to buy all of the remaining X's when the next sale rolls around. Which is something like 124 million if I buy them at full price. Currently have 40 million. And I think getting the real world physical medal requires that you actually own them all, not just unlocked. Suppose I could sell some of the 40+ fully equipped Tier IX's I still have in the garage, but I don't want to do that. SO if y'all see me rolling Tier VIII Premiums a lot in the near future, that is why. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users