Tank data source - Charts, tables ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

donny007-THX #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20810 battles

Google was not my friend on this one.  Perhaps it does not exist, but I am hoping to find a source of data by tank.  An example is terrain resistance figures by tank.  In looking at crew skills is off road driving a good idea given a particular tanks capabilities?  Well I want to compare the subject tank to the population to see where it ranks relative to peer group.

This is an alternative to looking up each tank in turn, which is not efficient.  A nice pivot table with all of the tanks and all of their attribute data is gold.....Anybody find any data tables?

When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

AnonymousHobo69 #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:06 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 37979 battles
  • [KMD]
Tanks.gg is a good source of information, though it follows PC values. So is WotInfo for things like camo values. There really isn't a site like that dedicated to console stats.

P6X330 #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:14 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 14920 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postdonny007-THX, on 11 January 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

Google was not my friend on this one.  Perhaps it does not exist, but I am hoping to find a source of data by tank.  An example is terrain resistance figures by tank.  In looking at crew skills is off road driving a good idea given a particular tanks capabilities?  Well I want to compare the subject tank to the population to see where it ranks relative to peer group.

This is an alternative to looking up each tank in turn, which is not efficient.  A nice pivot table with all of the tanks and all of their attribute data is gold.....Anybody find any data tables?

I have been nursing that idea for a little while. I have done a lot of those pivot tables and graphs in my previous job, and although I have lost the ability to use MS Office, I should be able to do it with google sheets.

Only, I don't see myself crunching the data manually. I do believe WG has a spreadsheet somewhere with all these values, if they were kind enough to make them available, the rest would be a walk in the park.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

steelheadclan #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14878 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostP6X330, on 11 January 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

I have been nursing that idea for a little while. I have done a lot of those pivot tables and graphs in my previous job, and although I have lost the ability to use MS Office, I should be able to do it with google sheets.

Only, I don't see myself crunching the data manually. I do believe WG has a spreadsheet somewhere with all these values, if they were kind enough to make them available, the rest would be a walk in the park.

^^^

want’s to walk in the park and we want him to!

donny007-THX #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20810 battles

Yes P6.  All the tanks have their own data file.  All the data in something like Access or anything where tables can be made.  Oh well, its not mission critical.  I built a pivot table system to look at what was happening in freight movement for a Consumer products company.  220 warehouses, thousands of truckloads a day......data taken from SAP enterprise point of transaction to MS Access.....then to Excel.

Back in the day.....

I can just look up each tank and write it down with a sharp pencil.....on paper.  

When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

Sadriel Fett #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:35 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26160 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostAnonymousHobo69, on 11 January 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

Tanks.gg is a good source of information, though it follows PC values. So is WotInfo for things like camo values. There really isn't a site like that dedicated to console stats.

^^ This right here.  Even though most are PC stats, it'll still give you a good indication of what is being affected by what skill, equipment, etc.  Both are great resources to use.

~ "There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty." ~

~ The worst enemies you will ever face in this game are your own team mates. ~

donny007-THX #7 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20810 battles

Thanks guys.....I have tanks.gg and the like.  Great for individual tank data.....

Well, looking at 12 tier 10 mediums the terrain resistance of the AMX 30 B is just about worst in class.  As I suspected in driving thus guy around the crew should have Off-Road Driving.  Seems like all the French Lights and Mediums have terrain resistance value weaknesses.  

PYLE33 #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:12 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 7817 battles

This what your looking for? It has blitz stats too

https://armor.wotinspector.com/?targetVehicleId=3873,7970,7459,4388&mode=ramming&platform=console&playerVehicleId=4113,8466,6675,2068,8218

Equal opportunity does not necessarily mean equal outcomes. 

donny007-THX #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20810 battles

View PostPYLE33, on 11 January 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

No, but thanks.  I have this site as a reference, it is really nice.  What is missing is a sortable table with all tanks in it.  So I can rank order by type, class, tier and so forth and see which ones are top, middle and bottom in capability.  That is just a more efficient way to help decide what skills and equipment to apply to a tank.  I knew the AMX 30 B had a ground resistance issue but could not really quantify if it was bottom tier in class without looking at every tier 10 medium in the game to make that clear.  I figured it out but had to go into each tank individually to see the stat.

Happy tanking!

PYLE33 #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:29 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 7817 battles
Ah I somehow missed the part about seeing what skills and such do to the stats :facepalm:. I think the ones for PC are all there are for now, one of the downsides of console going a separate path.  

P6X330 #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:27 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 14920 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postdonny007-THX, on 11 January 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

Yes P6.  All the tanks have their own data file.  All the data in something like Access or anything where tables can be made.  Oh well, its not mission critical.  I built a pivot table system to look at what was happening in freight movement for a Consumer products company.  220 warehouses, thousands of truckloads a day......data taken from SAP enterprise point of transaction to MS Access.....then to Excel.

Back in the day.....

I can just look up each tank and write it down with a sharp pencil.....on paper.  

I am pretty certain they have an Excel spreadsheet with all the tank's data. I will ask if we can get it. I don't think it is confidential, because the information is readily available, even if we cannot mine it easily.

It would be perfect, because they would update it each time they introduce new tanks, and if they put it out as a google sheet, anybody good pivot anything they want or need.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

DefiantSpurr #12 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14005 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postdonny007-THX, on 11 January 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

Thanks guys.....I have tanks.gg and the like.  Great for individual tank data.....

Well, looking at 12 tier 10 mediums the terrain resistance of the AMX 30 B is just about worst in class.  As I suspected in driving thus guy around the crew should have Off-Road Driving.  Seems like all the French Lights and Mediums have terrain resistance value weaknesses.  

Yeah i can believe that. Would wxplaex why french tanks sometimes feel like school buses

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

PYLE33 #13 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:26 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 7817 battles
I have a question someone might know. When did they put console stats back up on the wiki? Haven't seen any console stuff in years, the format is now done by package which it wasn't when it was up previously, and finally why is it so far out of date with a server version 2.6?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users