State of the Game

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

DAD Commander72 #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15761 battles

Quickybaby and Claus Kellerman have recently posted on YouTube that WOT is going from growing membership/players to declining participation and "harvesting" which means making money through pay to play. Examples are the Skorpian and the ISB premium downloader as examples. What do you think? Is this happening and what's a tanker to do?

Hyzteria xL #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 172 battles
  • [FURRY]

View PostDAD Commander72, on 11 January 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

Quickybaby and Claus Kellerman have recently posted on YouTube that WOT is going from growing membership/players to declining participation and "harvesting" which means making money through pay to play. Examples are the Skorpian and the ISB premium downloader as examples. What do you think? Is this happening and what's a tanker to do?

you know they play on pc not console right?

"Boasting begins where wisdom stops."

"Once we die, we’ll only be a statistic. It won’t matter what we were called."

"If you place your hopes in anything, they will be betrayed. Promises will go unfulfilled and faith will let you down."

DAD Commander72 #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15761 battles

View PostHyzteria xL, on 11 January 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

you know they play on pc not console right?

does that make a difference?

Hyzteria xL #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:28 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 172 battles
  • [FURRY]

View PostDAD Commander72, on 11 January 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

does that make a difference?

different game, different playerbases. as much as we wish we were the same as pc, wgcb have made clear we are not.. As a result our balance and economy are completely different

"If you place your hopes in anything, they will be betrayed. Promises will go unfulfilled and faith will let you down."

korbendallas-01 #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 43174 battles
  • [GER_1]
It is happening for a while now. Tech trees imported from PC get nerfed, instead we get pay-to-win premiums.

Hyzteria xL #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 172 battles
  • [FURRY]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 11 January 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

It is happening for a while now. Tech trees imported from PC get nerfed, instead we get pay-to-win premiums.

cause the in game balance is completely different than pc because we are not pc.. quit trying to associate ourselves with pc because we are not them. if you talk about the pc version that much go play it instead

korbendallas-01 #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 43174 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostHyzteria xL, on 12 January 2019 - 12:42 AM, said:

cause the in game balance is completely different than pc because we are not pc.. quit trying to associate ourselves with pc because we are not them. if you talk about the pc version that much go play it instead

I think I will continue to talk about what I damn well please without clearing it with you.

Hyzteria xL #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:21 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 172 battles
  • [FURRY]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 12 January 2019 - 12:59 AM, said:

I think I will continue to talk about what I damn well please without clearing it with you.

you are comparing apples to oranges. just because they are both fruit doesnt mean they are the same.. heck even comparing different kinds of apples.. just cause they are apples doesnt mean they taste the same. 

This is the same relationship as wot pc and wot console. Just because they are both world of tanks, doesnt mean they are anything close to being the same

DAD Commander72 #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15761 battles

View PostHyzteria xL, on 11 January 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

Would would you quit derailing my post? The idea I'm trying to get at is is there a change in the game balance towards pay-to-play on the console?

Snafu237 #10 Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:13 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22794 battles
  • [SKB]
Wargaming dosent listen to the players feedback so nothing will be done. the game is dying and will die what wargaming wants to do is suck as much money as possible out of people before the game dies

steelheadclan #11 Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14777 battles
  • [REAL]

PC definitely made some mistakes as stated by QB to perk interest during the holidays before 1.0 popped along with a few other issues pointed out by him and others. 

I think in a few areas console did did some things right. 

I can say I like seeing the numbers PS4 lobbies are often running now. 

As a player I’m happier now than I was for a lot of early 2018. 

I’m not going to prematurely doom WOT but I do think they need to come up with a solid plan to grew the game in the future. 

Good earn ops, better way of dealing with platoons and a better tutorial system I think are things they should really look at among others. 

Sgt Becket FEAR #12 Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10303 battles
  • [ROSA]

This game is not dead yet.

There is still life left in it but WG needs to tread very carefully.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

C3NTURI0N PR1ME #13 Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:12 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8921 battles
Conidering there is no such thing as DLC or a continuing storyline the reality is long term players and short term new players will account for the majority of the populace. No game has no reason to die unless it refuses to adapt with whatever new system/technology in the future. They make the jump to Xbox one and that means plenty of years of life. As far as player count, most gamers want immediate satisfaction. Plenty of people have quit upon the realization it requires work to win games and progress a tank line. WG has made many smart moves to increase income earns and rewards through ops. Good for them. It’s a one track game... if you don’t like the idea of tanks then you won’t play the game. 

DAD Commander72 #14 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15761 battles
I love the game and I want to see it prosper. Wargaming take the high road. Awesome game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users