T44-100 tips please

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

XT356 #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8470 battles
  • [WORT]

So, yeah, I got this tank during black friday, and its FREAKING GREAT. I just need some help bringing out its potential. I cant seam to be able to figure out its proper place. I am a wee bit too aggressive with it and end up losing a bunch of health early on. But I have pulled great games in it and I find it quite lot enjoyable to play. Also, I swear the gun is just as good as the one on the Panther 88. 

Also, I know it is a medium, but is the armor usable at all? Or do I treat it like the STA's and the Panther 88?

"I will eat your unhappiness"

"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

"I hope you brought you wallet...cuz the rent in HELL gets paying in advance!"

Vampire_Izumi #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25201 battles

View PostXT356, on 12 January 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

So, yeah, I got this tank during black friday, and its FREAKING GREAT. I just need some help bringing out its potential. I cant seam to be able to figure out its proper place. I am a wee bit too aggressive with it and end up losing a bunch of health early on. But I have pulled great games in it and I find it quite lot enjoyable to play. Also, I swear the gun is just as good as the one on the Panther 88. 

Also, I know it is a medium, but is the armor usable at all? Or do I treat it like the STA's and the Panther 88?

yes tips please! i have it but have 0 clue where it is good at.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

XT356 #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:29 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 8470 battles
  • [WORT]

I got this, but I honestly have no idea on what I am doing. Just happened to flank and our team was trash.

"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

XT356 #4 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8470 battles
  • [WORT]
Really, no one plays this tank? Or is no one willing to help someone else learn how to play a tank well?

FromBravo2Kilo #5 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20759 battles
  • [47R]
It’s been some time since I played it.  In my opinion it’s a cross between the Motherland and the Volk.  It has slightly less turret armor compared to the Motherland, but better speed.  The Volk has better speed (slightly) and dpm, but far less armor.  So you are getting the best of those two tanks rolled into one.     You can flank and brawl at the same time.  I enjoyed it and was close to two marks prior to completion.  Think I would have reached it, but the bottom fell out.  

XT356 #6 Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8470 battles
  • [WORT]

View PostFromBravo2Kilo, on 15 January 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

It’s been some time since I played it.  In my opinion it’s a cross between the Motherland and the Volk.  It has slightly less turret armor compared to the Motherland, but better speed.  The Volk has better speed (slightly) and dpm, but far less armor.  So you are getting the best of those two tanks rolled into one.     You can flank and brawl at the same time.  I enjoyed it and was close to two marks prior to completion.  Think I would have reached it, but the bottom fell out.  

Ok, I was wondering about the turret, so hull down is inadvisable? Also, the armor looks good on paper, but everything pens rather easily. 

FromBravo2Kilo #7 Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20759 battles
  • [47R]
I apologize.  This is totally on me.  I thought you were asking about the T-44.  Sorry.    The 44-100 is a flanker and not a brawler.  Hull down will not help.  You only have 120mm frontal turret armor.  You are going to have to wiggle, rock and bait shots if hull down.  The bright side is if you ever play the T-44.  It’s honestly taking the Motherland and the 44-100 and combining both tanks (my opinion).

XT356 #8 Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:45 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 8470 battles
  • [WORT]

View PostFromBravo2Kilo, on 15 January 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

I apologize.  This is totally on me.  I thought you were asking about the T-44.  Sorry.    The 44-100 is a flanker and not a brawler.  Hull down will not help.  You only have 120mm frontal turret armor.  You are going to have to wiggle, rock and bait shots if hull down.  The bright side is if you ever play the T-44.  It’s honestly taking the Motherland and the 44-100 and combining both tanks (my opinion).

No, I am not a huge medium guy. I think the E50 and the STA1 are my two highest TT medium tanks. And the current E50 sucks, so I am mothballing it until the 88 is usable again. (I only have the first upgrade). But the T44-100 is fun to play, just wasnt sure how to play it. Like I said, I though it was similar to the motherland and play way too aggressive in it.

FromBravo2Kilo #9 Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20759 battles
  • [47R]
The E50 is one of these worst grinds in the game.  They also nerfed it and now it’s a shell of its former glory.  And you are correct on your assessment.  It doesn’t have the armor.  It’s strickly a flanker.  You don’t want to trade shots if you don’t have to.  You will absolutely love the T44 when you get it.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users