Suggested changes from a long term player

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

HoggieBear84 #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:31 PM

Private

• Players
  • 7492 battles

I've never really been on this forum, but I've been playing World of Tanks on xbox 360/xbox one since the original beta and the state of the game at the moment has become tedious and annoying instead of fun.  Myself and two other friends who have been playing as long as me have come up with a list of problems (in our opinion) and suggested solutions to make this game more fun again.

1.  The biggest problem has to be the premium ammo spam.  It's just out of control and it's way more effective than it's stats suggest.  We have several suggestions for this.  If people have premium ammo loaded they only play against other players with premium ammo.  Or greatly increase the cost in silver to at least x2 or make it gold only again and x2 the cost.  Basically players who spam it need to be quarantined together or find a way to greatly increase it's rarity in the game.

2.  Light tanks are horribly unbalanced.  They've always been annoying and they're meant to be, but the current state is completely over the top.  Playing in my Mauschen, light tanks can easily penetrate its front plate and front turret let alone everywhere else.  They're guns are too ridiculous while I bounce light tanks often even in the sides and rear with a 12.8cm gun, it's just silly.  They need their firepower, hit points (especially) and armour effectiveness to be reduced to more realistic levels.

3.  Autoloaders are borderline game breaking.  Being able to deliver heavy tank killing amounts of burst damage is overpowered enough, but combined with the premium ammo spam it's for lack of a better word pathetic.  Ideally they need to be removed from the game entirely, but that won't happen obviously, the only solution we've come up with is to greatly increase the reload time of the magazine to at least x2 (x3 if you ask me) as well as banning them from premium ammo usage.

4.  Cheating.  Although we have no way to prove it, we're convinced that there's a lot of cheating going on.  We regularly report players that we suspect are cheating, but between the three of us we've only received feedback three times that action had been taken.  We understand the mechanics of the game more than enough to know what it possible and what isn't and what could have been a fluke and what is blatant cheating.

5.  The statistics on tanks are wildly inaccurate and can't be trusted.  I can only really speak for tanks in my garage, but I'll use the Mauschen as an example because it's probably the worst example I know of.  It's a glass cannon and it shouldn't be.  Every tank can pen it's lower glacis and dunce hat (commander hatch) no problem, any tier, any tank, any gun, any range - they're tissue paper.

Light tanks and most tank destroyers can easily pen it's upper plate and frontal turret even when heavily angled.  This probably falls somewhere between the guns on those tanks being overpowered and the 200mm upper plate and 260mm turret not being as thick as what we're told.  The only tanks that I can easily bounce shells from are heavies and most mediums (but not the lower glacis or dunce hat).

Our solution is simply to make the stats we're given accurate or if you're going to make an ultra expensive tank like the Mauschen completely useless, then reduce it's cost to reflect it's performance.  You should get what you pay for.

6.  The commanders hatch (dunce hat) needs to be reworked.  Hitting the dunce hat on a tank wouldn't damage the tank, a lot of this game has come down to people hammering each others dunce hats and it makes no sense.  There's nothing inside a commander's hatch that would cause damage to the tank itself - it's just a metal hatch.  At best if you penetrate it you could injure the commander, but nothing else makes sense.  The only exception to that would be if you're shooting from above and your shell ends up inside the tank.  Our solution is the tank only takes HP damage if it's penetrated from above (the shell has to draw a line to the tanks body), but the commander can be injured wherever it gets penetrated.  We hope this could be implemented, but we're not programmers so....

FRlGHTKNIGHT #2 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:36 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9469 battles
  • [ASYLM]

When a tank get's hit, it's mostly parts of the tank's structure rather than the projectile that kills the crew, so a hitting the hatch would rain down deadly shards on to everybody. The game is hp based thoujgh, so it doesn't matter.

There are no hackers mate. Stop being a grass. You're wasting your time. Some people are just very good at the game.

There is nothing wrong with premium ammo. Why does it matter what you get shot with. You're still getting shot. Stock tanks and some fully upgraded tanks (i'm looking at you T-54) would be totally useless without it. They'd just have to buff the regular rounds, and you'd still get shot anyway.

Haukkis #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34534 battles

View PostHoggieBear84, on 12 January 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

I've never really been on this forum, but I've been playing World of Tanks on xbox 360/xbox one since the original beta and the state of the game at the moment has become tedious and annoying instead of fun.  Myself and two other friends who have been playing as long as me have come up with a list of problems (in our opinion) and suggested solutions to make this game more fun again.

1.  The biggest problem has to be the premium ammo spam.  It's just out of control and it's way more effective than it's stats suggest.  We have several suggestions for this.  If people have premium ammo loaded they only play against other players with premium ammo.  Or greatly increase the cost in silver to at least x2 or make it gold only again and x2 the cost.  Basically players who spam it need to be quarantined together or find a way to greatly increase it's rarity in the game.

2.  Light tanks are horribly unbalanced.  They've always been annoying and they're meant to be, but the current state is completely over the top.  Playing in my Mauschen, light tanks can easily penetrate its front plate and front turret let alone everywhere else.  They're guns are too ridiculous while I bounce light tanks often even in the sides and rear with a 12.8cm gun, it's just silly.  They need their firepower, hit points (especially) and armour effectiveness to be reduced to more realistic levels.

3.  Autoloaders are borderline game breaking.  Being able to deliver heavy tank killing amounts of burst damage is overpowered enough, but combined with the premium ammo spam it's for lack of a better word pathetic.  Ideally they need to be removed from the game entirely, but that won't happen obviously, the only solution we've come up with is to greatly increase the reload time of the magazine to at least x2 (x3 if you ask me) as well as banning them from premium ammo usage.

4.  Cheating.  Although we have no way to prove it, we're convinced that there's a lot of cheating going on.  We regularly report players that we suspect are cheating, but between the three of us we've only received feedback three times that action had been taken.  We understand the mechanics of the game more than enough to know what it possible and what isn't and what could have been a fluke and what is blatant cheating.

5.  The statistics on tanks are wildly inaccurate and can't be trusted.  I can only really speak for tanks in my garage, but I'll use the Mauschen as an example because it's probably the worst example I know of.  It's a glass cannon and it shouldn't be.  Every tank can pen it's lower glacis and dunce hat (commander hatch) no problem, any tier, any tank, any gun, any range - they're tissue paper.

Light tanks and most tank destroyers can easily pen it's upper plate and frontal turret even when heavily angled.  This probably falls somewhere between the guns on those tanks being overpowered and the 200mm upper plate and 260mm turret not being as thick as what we're told.  The only tanks that I can easily bounce shells from are heavies and most mediums (but not the lower glacis or dunce hat).

Our solution is simply to make the stats we're given accurate or if you're going to make an ultra expensive tank like the Mauschen completely useless, then reduce it's cost to reflect it's performance.  You should get what you pay for.

6.  The commanders hatch (dunce hat) needs to be reworked.  Hitting the dunce hat on a tank wouldn't damage the tank, a lot of this game has come down to people hammering each others dunce hats and it makes no sense.  There's nothing inside a commander's hatch that would cause damage to the tank itself - it's just a metal hatch.  At best if you penetrate it you could injure the commander, but nothing else makes sense.  The only exception to that would be if you're shooting from above and your shell ends up inside the tank.  Our solution is the tank only takes HP damage if it's penetrated from above (the shell has to draw a line to the tanks body), but the commander can be injured wherever it gets penetrated.  We hope this could be implemented, but we're not programmers so....

Mauschen is a glass cannon? Dude, you're hallucinating, smoke less weed :D

xSAVAGE CIA #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:03 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14533 battles
  • [DAWN]
I concur with your complaint about premium ammo, but increasing the cost would be highly ineffective. the ammo needs to be re worked completely, The ammo needs to do 20% ( not a stagnant amount it should be different for all tanks) less damage and have a cap of how many rounds you can load. Secondly artillery needs to be re worked, like as seen in the PC version. it is devastating for a tank to have the potential (emphasis on potential) to take a tank out of the game every 20-40 seconds. It should do less damage and add a stun to emphasize more of a team aspect (which the game direly needs). Amongst a list of other problems. GOD PLEASE FIX THE MM SYSTEM AND PLATOON SYSTEM TOO!

Kill all the arty!

Sammael85 #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25577 battles
  • [FAC]
So you got your Mäuschen thinking you'll be an invulnerable wall and you stumped yourself into the crude reality of the meta of this game. Good.

I got great news for you, you're actually doing better than most of the people in the game, just be patient and don't forget to try one or two of those branch of tanks you want that badly to be "balanced" to seek out how it's life in the other side of the coin.

Catfishguy1977 #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:14 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12850 battles

View PostHoggieBear84, on 11 January 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

From your post I gather you don't understand the use of different types of ammo and their effectiveness.  Just an idea.

RedFire7722 #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8947 battles

View PostHoggieBear84, on 11 January 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

It would be great if we could adjust WoT's to our own likings wouldn't it.  Not gonna happen.  

I think you and your two other friends need to adjust better to the game. 
I take it you don't have a ton of silver and that makes prem ammo bad because you can't spam it back???  Spend some silver,  load some up and send some rounds back.

So many tankers [edited]about prem ammo.  Take away MOE and prem ammo spam would decrease. Yet I never see that as a solution lol

...and no I am not saying take away MOE but if a tanker is trying to 3 mark a tank it's big kits, food and full prem rounds.  It is what works best.

I take from your post you don run much prem ammo so others should not be able too.

You don't like lights or don't do well in them so nerf them out of the game.

Same with auto loaders. You either don't have any or don't do well so nerf nerf nerf.

Mäuschen is a glass cannon. No, learn how to angle it and where to be and not to be in game. Plenty of vids out on the web.

The forum is full of ideas.....  I know it's your first post but I don't see anything that really would be helpful.  Just being honest.

Please jump on some other topics and get involved here. There is plenty of good information.

Coupdeteat #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:52 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 30586 battles
  • [HIRAM]
Totally agreed on the light tanks being way too powerful. It’s nonsensical that a light 2 tiers down could even pen a heavy while moving. If even possible,it should take accurate well placed shots. How it’s set up now with them having such increased pen, view range, speed, and rate of fire. Imbalanced, is a generous way to phrase it. 

SuperSherman44 #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21787 battles

View PostCoupdeteat, on 12 January 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

Totally agreed on the light tanks being way too powerful. It’s nonsensical that a light 2 tiers down could even pen a heavy while moving. If even possible,it should take accurate well placed shots. How it’s set up now with them having such increased pen, view range, speed, and rate of fire. Imbalanced, is a generous way to phrase it. 

:great:

I Heart The Sherman (Best tank of WWII)

I got a new Xbox One S so I'm really excited!

R.I.P. Xbox 360 E ~2014-2019

Snafu237 #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23287 battles
  • [SKB]
First off light tanks are not op they used to have way better view range and fire rate and alpha now they are nerfed beyond recognition. Something most people dont know is how bad light tank penitration drop off is. 25% penitration loss over 400 meters that's some [edited]. So dont say they need a nerf they dont. If anything they need a buff their combat capacity if far below any other class of tank

Snafu237 #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:48 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23287 battles
  • [SKB]
Also fix the obj 268 version 4 the 26 top speed it truly pathetic and makes the tank pretty much useless and it's not like it goes 26 on pc it goes [edited]50 on pc. Why is it so different on console wth

HoggieBear84 #12 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:34 AM

Private

• Players
  • 7492 battles

View PostThe Jagd Wolf, on 12 January 2019 - 03:03 AM, said:

I concur with your complaint about premium ammo, but increasing the cost would be highly ineffective. the ammo needs to be re worked completely, The ammo needs to do 20% ( not a stagnant amount it should be different for all tanks) less damage and have a cap of how many rounds you can load. Secondly artillery needs to be re worked, like as seen in the PC version. it is devastating for a tank to have the potential (emphasis on potential) to take a tank out of the game every 20-40 seconds. It should do less damage and add a stun to emphasize more of a team aspect (which the game direly needs). Amongst a list of other problems. GOD PLEASE FIX THE MM SYSTEM AND PLATOON SYSTEM TOO!

I like these ideas especially the cap on how many premiums you can load.

HoggieBear84 #13 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:33 PM

Private

• Players
  • 7492 battles

View PostSnafu237, on 12 January 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

First off light tanks are not op they used to have way better view range and fire rate and alpha now they are nerfed beyond recognition. Something most people dont know is how bad light tank penitration drop off is. 25% penitration loss over 400 meters that's some [edited]. So dont say they need a nerf they dont. If anything they need a buff their combat capacity if far below any other class of tank

They're combat capacity should be below (far below) that of any other tank that's the whole point that seems to have been missed by the devs and the gamers.  A light tank is for recon and artillery hunting, they should fear mediums and heavies, especially mediums, but they have no reason to because of the Chuck Norris springboard acrobatic [edited]they can pull off with auto pen anything guns and HP comparible to some heavies in the same tier.

I Reech I #14 Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24684 battles
  • [_PTFO]

View PostHoggieBear84, on 11 January 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

This entire post seems to be a poor review of a good tank. Guess what? when someone sees your Tier 9 Leader, they will load premium. Wondering why? Because they can't pen you otherwise. Get used to it. Everything that's "heavily armored" in this game gets premium splurged on regularly. 

TLP Coles Law #15 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11635 battles
  • [P0PRS]

Hey HoggieBear84!

I noticed your Thread title has a typo!  You can fix it by replacing "Suggested changes from a long term player" to "Cheaters, Premium Ammo, and Light Tanks make playing the "Mauschen" less fun for me".

In all seriousness, it sounds like to me you've had some rough experiences with your Mauschen, and are not satisfied with its performance.  That being said, I wholeheartedly reject the notion that "Any Tank, of Any Tier (Only tier 7-10 can see the Mauschen in combat), with any gun, can pen the front of a Mauschen because it is "MADE OF PAPER".  I have personally found the Mauschen almost impenetrable against the majority of my Tier 7 tanks.  I bounced 4 Premium shells off the side of the Mauschen with my Tiger P before he removed me from the game as calmly as a man squashing a mosquito. Even two thirds of my tier 8 tanks have difficulty with the Mauschen unless I switch to premium ammunition, which reduces my silver income for that game.  Even then depending on angle and situation I have still bounced premium shells off the Mauschen. It is a scary enemy unless I am in a tier 9 or 10 tank, and still I regularly bounce shells with my T30 off the angled Mauschen.

A lot of your complaints have to do with autoloaders and light tanks.  Auto loaders are capable of impressive burst damage yes, but doubling or tripling their reload?  It already takes many autoloaders more than 30-40 seconds to reload their clip.  Double that would mean it would take a full minute, or minute and 20 seconds to reload.  In a 15 minute match, when your tank starts unloaded, your math just does not make sense. When autoloaders are present, you have to count their shots, and when they are out or down to their last shell, you have to press them, and remove them during their reload.  Most will play conservatively, or with support from allies to help cover the long reload time, but as a player who has a few autoloaders in my arsenal (Bat Chat, Iron Rain, French Lights) the tanks do have weaknesses that they accept for the burst potential they get.

Light tanks are annoying yes.  Being circled by one when you are in a slow, poor rotation/traverse tank is Hell on earth.  Watching your lifepoints drain away in 150-200 dmg chunks over the period of 1-2 minutes is excruciating.  However, I believe more than anything it hightlights the need for BETTER TEAMWORK and coordination between allies.  World of Tanks is a game where you have 14 allies!  Yet, I find people are very much "Doing their thing" with no map awareness, and have no interest or desire to help each other out, or support some random if it puts them at risk.  Light tanks are only able to circle strafe and tear isolated tanks up because they are ISOLATED, and no one comes to help them.

In closing;  I will think of you now whenever I bounce a shell off of a Mauschen, and trust me..."You'll be on my mind a lot".

killer etzi0 #16 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58899 battles
  • [47R]
*cheating*    ya... nope. Every time you report someone to MS for cheating all you're doing is giving said MS staff a good chuckle. 

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

PhantomBlckGoat #17 Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:33 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3898 battles
What this game really needs is a “minor league” server where all the bad players get sent to so they aren’t ruining games for everyone else, like a place where they can get better on their own or just play badly against other bad players. Tired of getting put on teams that constantly lose 15-3 because they all ran a lemming train down one flank and did 200 damage in a top tier tank. I know it sounds harsh, but if you have over 2500+ games and your win rate is still 45% with an average damage of 400, other hard-working and semi-competent players shouldn’t be punished with having to constantly deal with you. Either that or this game needs a serious rework via the addition of skill-based matchmaking so that 90% of games don’t end in landslide victories that are determined in the first 2 minutes.

TurboBeaver #18 Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16008 battles

View PostPhantomBlckGoat, on 19 January 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

What this game really needs is a “minor league” server where all the bad players get sent to so they aren’t ruining games for everyone else, like a place where they can get better on their own or just play badly against other bad players. Tired of getting put on teams that constantly lose 15-3 because they all ran a lemming train down one flank and did 200 damage in a top tier tank. I know it sounds harsh, but if you have over 2500+ games and your win rate is still 45% with an average damage of 400, other hard-working and semi-competent players shouldn’t be punished with having to constantly deal with you. Either that or this game needs a serious rework via the addition of skill-based matchmaking so that 90% of games don’t end in landslide victories that are determined in the first 2 minutes.

2500 battles isn’t enough to understand this game. Neither is 6000, especially when a high percentage of battles are in premiums. A lot is learned in this game through the grind. Jumping up to high tiers before you’ve learned things like how to angle your armour and how spotting and camo work can be a detriment to your team. Many of the purchasable premiums hide bad habits through being slightly better for your dollar and in using them, one would only really learn those specific tanks and not the larger concepts that cause those 15-3 routes. 

PHE0NIX RIS1NG #19 Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13234 battles
  • [D7CAV]

View PostTurboBeaver, on 19 January 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

2500 battles isn’t enough to understand this game. Neither is 6000, especially when a high percentage of battles are in premiums. A lot is learned in this game through the grind. Jumping up to high tiers before you’ve learned things like how to angle your armour and how spotting and camo work can be a detriment to your team. Many of the purchasable premiums hide bad habits through being slightly better for your dollar and in using them, one would only really learn those specific tanks and not the larger concepts that cause those 15-3 routes. 

how many games does it take to truly understand the game?... I’m genuinely curious to hear your thoughts on this. Many reasons why games go south very quickly. Imbalance in the MM is absolutely a huge reason. Other factors include bad players platooning and lack of tank upgrades. 

TurboBeaver #20 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16008 battles

View PostC3NTURI0N PR1ME, on 19 January 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

how many games does it take to truly understand the game?... I’m genuinely curious to hear your thoughts on this. Many reasons why games go south very quickly. Imbalance in the MM is absolutely a huge reason. Other factors include bad players platooning and lack of tank upgrades. 

Let’s  say there is 40 maps including variants, average 3 basic match types per map( standard, death match, assault and encounter. Some maps dont have all types) and 2 sides per match. That’s 240 matches just to get minimum one game, per map, per side, per game type. Say you win at 50%, there another 240 matches just to have one win per side per map per game type. (480 total so far). Then each class of tank plays differently, 5 classes of tanks so that is 2400 battles just to have 1 winning battle experience. Then you could account for various other factors such and survival rate, that each nations tanks in a class play differently, variations in MM like whether your top tier or bottom tier, and whether your platooning or not. And after all that it’s just 1 battle where you have a winning strategy maybe that doesn’t work the next time so you got to come up with something else. To me the numbers just get huge. This is a deep game and I used to think however many games I’d played were a lot and that I knew what I was doing then I use a different tank or a new tech tree comes in and there is always something to learn. 

So long story short to understand the game you need as many battles as it takes for you to learn the game, then think you know everything, then realize that you don’t.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users