Jump to content


Getting tired of small city maps


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Coupdeteat #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:42 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29140 battles
  • 1,189
  • [HIRAM]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2014

i know this is just going to be dismissed as the usual rant and rave of an angry player, that’s probably a fair assessment. 

Small city maps, Pilsen for example, are fine for maybe up to tier 4, but beyond that this is ridiculous. These tiny maps take so many of the tank characteristics out of the game and reduce winning and losing to blind luck. What’s the point in having a fast tank if you can only go ten yards before you reach a building. Or having 400 meters of view if you can only see 50 feet to a wall? Same with having camouflage, totally useless.  I’m just kinda tired of these maps that have only the option of blindly slamming into the enemy team, no flanking possibilities. There is a reason that in the real world very few tank on tank engagements were in the middle of major cities. It’s just dumb. 



ThermalStone #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:47 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 30667 battles
  • 4,440
  • [80085]
  • Member since:
    02-18-2014

A year ago the meta had shifted to more open maps, or at least a balance.  Now it's city/corridor.  Hopefully it shifts again soon.

 

I do agree that Pilsen needs to be removed or restricted.  That map with tier 9 or 10 view ranges is ridiculous.  Almost no place to use camo, which many tanks rely on.

 

 


I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.


C0LDBLueSt33L #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:54 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22370 battles
  • 429
  • [SEAR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
I am having a rough time on how to handle maps like that in my light tanks. Sometimes works out, most time doesn't.

PYLE33 #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:11 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 7817 battles
  • 1,400
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

View PostThermalStone, on 11 January 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

A year ago the meta had shifted to more open maps, or at least a balance.  Now it's city/corridor.  Hopefully it shifts again soon.

 

I do agree that Pilsen needs to be removed or restricted.  That map with tier 9 or 10 view ranges is ridiculous.  Almost no place to use camo, which many tanks rely on.

 

 

 

We need the updated version of Pilsen. It is bigger and the east side of the map has good playable terrain.

Edited by PYLE33, 12 January 2019 - 12:12 AM.

           Equal opportunity does not necessarily mean equal outcomes. 

Haukkis #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:35 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32925 battles
  • 2,589
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015
Just deal with it.

FRlGHTKNIGHT #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:40 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8787 battles
  • 786
  • [ASYLM]
  • Member since:
    10-19-2018
I agree. Also, what is the point of having half a map of water, like pacific island? Cliff is one third water and 15 percent unclimbable mountains. What's the point?

APsychicTaco #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:25 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 7111 battles
  • 401
  • [PRATE]
  • Member since:
    11-11-2013
Ardennes, in every shape and form they have it, needs to be removed from the rotation. 

ThermalStone #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:34 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 30667 battles
  • 4,440
  • [80085]
  • Member since:
    02-18-2014

View PostAPsychicTaco, on 11 January 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

Ardennes, in every shape and form they have it, needs to be removed from the rotation. 

 

I've never understood the hate for Ardennes.  There's a strong chance for any type of play style to carry a game.


I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.


Tempest fox3 #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:37 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 19711 battles
  • 16,812
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013
Bringing severogorsk back was a bad choice. It's a bland 3 lane corridor map.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


Warthog II #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:41 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 41832 battles
  • 1,528
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    05-11-2014

View PostCoupdeteat, on 11 January 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

i know this is just going to be dismissed as the usual rant and rave of an angry player, that’s probably a fair assessment. 

Small city maps, Pilsen for example, are fine for maybe up to tier 4, but beyond that this is ridiculous. These tiny maps take so many of the tank characteristics out of the game and reduce winning and losing to blind luck. What’s the point in having a fast tank if you can only go ten yards before you reach a building. Or having 400 meters of view if you can only see 50 feet to a wall? Same with having camouflage, totally useless.  I’m just kinda tired of these maps that have only the option of blindly slamming into the enemy team, no flanking possibilities. There is a reason that in the real world very few tank on tank engagements were in the middle of major cities. It’s just dumb. 

 

There are players that like city maps the most and even in light tanks.

 

About the only tanks that might have trouble are some of the paper TDs that don't at least have a partial turret and cannot accelerate even remotely quickly.

---because the sit back at 400+ meters play-style is almost completely not viable.

 

Fast tanks can excel on city maps if they can contribute a little to start out and then have a chance to start decimating once the tank #'s whittle down.


  

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of bad advice from players who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.

 


Tempest fox3 #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:33 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 19711 battles
  • 16,812
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

Nvm, forum ate my message. Can't be bothered to retype it. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


steelheadclan #12 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:43 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14878 battles
  • 4,709
  • [REAL]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017

I had Mali a few times this week but yea,,, lots of city maps. 

I’m getting better at getting consistently decent games in them but your definitely a bit more team dependent. 


 


electronaut1976 #13 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:36 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 16594 battles
  • 426
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

Just ditch 360 already. Then we can implement more bushes and bigger maps.

Why WG sticks to 360 i dont know. If these Welfare Warriors refuse to upgrade because "but me has no do' though!" they certainly have no money to buy tanks, right?

If they do then they are just a bunch of hipocrits.

It's freakin 2019 and not 2006 people...ffs.



LIT SKULL987 #14 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:47 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27294 battles
  • 523
  • Member since:
    04-02-2017

View PostFRlGHTKNIGHT, on 12 January 2019 - 01:40 AM, said:

I agree. Also, what is the point of having half a map of water, like pacific island? Cliff is one third water and 15 percent unclimbable mountains. What's the point?

 

is it village ?where a good size of the map is hills which you cannot use ,another small map made smaller

xxFUZZYDUNLOPx #15 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:42 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31444 battles
  • 521
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013
I'm ok with playing a city map in my leopard but not 5 in a row. They need to improve rotation.

AnonymousHobo69 #16 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37979 battles
  • 4,433
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013
Pilsen is one of my least favorite maps, and I get it very frequently. Even in heavies it sucks. I seriously hope WG restricts it to mid or lower tiers.

Sgt Becket FEAR #17 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

I would be a hypocrite to say that everything is fine considering that a Tiger is a dangerous city fighter...I do think that something does need to be done.

 


 

 

 


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users