Breaking Modules

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Sweat Hog Swami #1 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 67212 battles
So I'm in close quarters against a Jagtiger and in the process of manuevering and shooting out his tracks I take a nice whollop from him into my left rear side. Okay I expected that, but what I didn't expect was for that shot to break my gun. Ummmm, really? He even low rolled, probably due to not aiming, but what gives? Breaks my gun? If he had set my engine on fire, ammo racked me, broken my tracks, etc., that would have made sense. So now we are adding random module damage to the RNG effect???

Edited by Sweat Hog Swami, 12 January 2019 - 09:09 AM.

Dyslexsticks #2 Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34071 battles
  • [BNKR]

Maybe it bounced off of something inside your tank, went straight up out your hull, then hit your barrel? :trollface:

You sure it wasn't a HE? If he was looking at your side and you were looking at him it might make a tiny bit of sense he'd damage your gun with that.

Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Twitter (fixed!)My Xbox to YouTube Guide

SPUK4U #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:48 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 8759 battles

View PostSweat Hog Swami, on 12 January 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

So I'm in close quarters against a Jagtiger and in the process of manuevering and shooting out his tracks I take a nice whollop from him into my left rear side. Okay I expected that, but what I didn't expect was for that shot to break my gun. Ummmm, really? He even low rolled, probably due to not aiming, but what gives? Breaks my gun? If he had set my engine on fire, ammo racked me, broken my tracks, etc., that would have made sense. So now we are adding random module damage to the RNG effect???

In real life the first hit that went through tank's armor should have destroyed you or damaged the tank and crew seriously. Internal ricochets would have turned to you tank crew to bloody mess and damaged all the equipment they hit.  Now, as  that would not be fun in the game they are giving hit poins  to crew, tank and modules. When hit points run out gun breaks up, but you can fix it in second with miracle repair kit.  Same with crew and this is more fun as Commander says that driver is seriously injured (direct hit by AP shell), but you can patch him up with med kit and he continues to drive like nothing had happened.  

Conclusion,  use of logic or real life rules do not apply in video games, you could have things like magic repair kits and  tanks that explode before the shell actually hits them or artillery that can't shoot further than 1km when in real life they could shoot easily shoot far as 30km.   :harp:

Edited by SPUK4U, 12 January 2019 - 10:09 AM.

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users