WZ 120

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

TheOnlyTrueNoob #1 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17753 battles
  • [KAPPA]

Wow this tank is bad, no redeeming features at all. Hull armor? Horrific, the hull is useless against anything but stock tier 7’s and 8’s, you can’t sidescrape at all either. Turret armor? Mediocre but overall pointless, your inability to go hull down in a large amount of locations makes the turret armor pointless and when you do get to use it, everyone loads gold and fires straight through. Mobility? Fine but nothing special. Gun? Mediocre, the damage is nice but the awful gun handling makes it useless unless you brawl, something you can’t do because your armor won’t bounce anything regardless of how much you angle. 

What makes this this tank special? Why would I play this over a Russian medium? This thing needs a gun depression buff desperately, make it 5 degrees or something because 3 is unnecessarily terrible, and then it either needs a gun handling buff so the gun can be used at ranges exceeding 100m, or a  hull armor buff so it can actually brawl without being immediately penned by everything. If your going to make every other stat terrible just because it gets a big gun, at least make the gun decent.

2/3 Marked Tanks

SirDerp-a-lot #2 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 51357 battles
  • [GER_1]
Agree completely. I tried for a while and eventually gave up. Someone praised this to me as a T-54 with a big gun, which is a hilarious comparison.

vHD JOKERZ #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30942 battles
  • [IMTLZ]
I actually quite liked the WZ-120 it is completely out shone by the T-54 in every single aspect but I still enjoyed the tank. Yes it difficult to play but it still a devil of a tank to play against in the right hand and right positions. 

Spoiler

Vampire_Izumi #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25509 battles
  • [LEONI]

rip the Chinese medium line with how good the russian medium line looks, like even the tier ten Object 430U has the spaced side armor and you can grind for 5 tier 10 mediums using 2 tier 9s that i heard are VERY good.

the main selling point of the 121 (being the 122mm) got replaced and even Topped with the Object 430U having better everything.

Edited by greenteam117, 12 January 2019 - 12:42 PM.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

TheOnlyTrueNoob #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17753 battles
  • [KAPPA]

View Postgreenteam117, on 12 January 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

rip the Chinese medium line with how good the russian medium line looks, like even the tier ten Object 430U has the spaced side armor and you can grind for 5 tier 10 mediums using 2 tier 9s that i heard are VERY good.

the main selling point of the 121 (being the 122mm) got replaced and even Topped with the Object 430U having better everything.

You would think the devs would buff the Chinese mediums so that they could be a viable alternative to the Russians, but seeing as they tried to nerf the 113 of all things because a bloody spreadsheet told them to, I’m not sure balance is one of their strengths.

2/3 Marked Tanks

Vampire_Izumi #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25509 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostSeagullOfEvil, on 12 January 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

You would think the devs would buff the Chinese mediums so that they could be a viable alternative to the Russians, but seeing as they tried to nerf the 113 of all things because a bloody spreadsheet told them to, I’m not sure balance is one of their strengths.

ya, isnt the 113 one of the least played Tier 10 heavy tanks? i almost never see anyone playing it...

Edit: as in it is very surprising to nerf a tank due to "high stats" if almost no one plays it. i guess there was a few Uni''s that were dominating in it somehow? but usely  i would think looking at the battles played and stats compared to other heavy tanks a good thing aswell :D

Edited by greenteam117, 12 January 2019 - 01:01 PM.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

DwarfOnDrugs #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30450 battles
  • [-UNL-]

I ground that thing out with daily xp boosters for nearly a year. I just couldn’t handle the gun handling, i think it is the vehicle i have retured to the garage most with.

121 is the same, i don’t recommend 

BoereJack #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35265 battles
  • [XRM]

It is my favorite tier 9 medium(together with 430ii)because of great gun and it is allways gettinf underestimated by the reds...(because of all these kind of posts).

sure you need to have a bit more skill to play it well, as you need to be creative to get a bit of extra gundep... so yeah not for everyone.... 

My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA

3 MARKED TANKS:

SNAKEBITE, T21, SP1C, LYCAN, T-54 LWT

XEboi #9 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22864 battles
I'm really liking this thing aswell that 122m packs a punch!! Yes there's no gun depression but the turret is tuff as anything

Is it my favourite tier 9 medium nope that's still the m46 patton but I'm having fun in it, decided it's a keeper weather I ever buy the 121 is another matter

xdogx66 #10 Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26222 battles

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 12 January 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

I ground that thing out with daily xp boosters for nearly a year. I just couldn’t handle the gun handling, i think it is the vehicle i have retured to the garage most with.

121 is the same, i don’t recommend 

I hate this tank.  If the 121 is more of the same I think I’m going to move on from this line. 

Choco14Chain214 #11 Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:54 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20709 battles

Thought the same, was at the 120 and was like I'm sure the Russian is better but I'm already here..... So... .bought it and have to tell you... I love it!  Makes the 120 look stupid with its gun handling ... Can go shot for shot with any other x med

Orbtastic1 #12 Posted 05 April 2019 - 07:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40762 battles
  • [UK]
The gun is fun but the aim isn't, you just can't really play peek a boom with other meds because the aim time slows you up. Does hit hard though and if you can stay unmolested and get time to fully aim it quickly racks up the damage. Decent turret armour too, the hull not so much but I do find it seems to attract prem rounds for some reason.

Canibal 0x #13 Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12635 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 12 January 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

Agree completely. I tried for a while and eventually gave up. Someone praised this to me as a T-54 with a big gun, which is a hilarious comparison.

I was also sold this vicious lie lol. I cannot seem to use my x5 boosts to get through it fast enough!

XGR369er #14 Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39042 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 05 April 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

The gun is fun but the aim isn't, you just can't really play peek a boom with other meds because the aim time slows you up. Does hit hard though and if you can stay unmolested and get time to fully aim it quickly racks up the damage. Decent turret armour too, the hull not so much but I do find it seems to attract prem rounds for some reason.

After playing this a few battles now.  I have to agree with Orb. The gun is fun.  i have surprised a few 10s and that was fun but I don't find this can do what a medium should do.  It just seems to be lacking too much in many things for it to be a medium.  I was in a battle and the reload time was too long, the accuracy made me miss a few important shots when i was snap shooting and it just doesn't have the speed of the t-54.  its like 100 or 150 hp less.  So i am running the gas and it makes it tolerable at best.  I just find that they tried to make it a weak heavy and I am sure if you play it like that it could do well but i just don't see any point in running this when there is so many other options.  I really had great hopes for this when i finished the grind on the heavy and found out all the top upgrades were free after. Just really disappointed in so much about this tank.

Orbtastic1 #15 Posted 06 July 2019 - 05:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40762 battles
  • [UK]

I'm glad to be done with the grind today (and it was a grind). I love the gun but no the aim time, you won't be snapshotting anything in this tank. I thought about swapping rammer out for GLD to join the Vstab but the base reload is just over 10 seconds with the rammer so nah.

You have to fully aim before firing, which has got me killed a good few times i.e. others have got the jump on me.

I also hate heat spamming TVPs/Machines with a passion, zero skill 4 auto aimed blaps and you're gone. I also got repeatedly penned by an AP firing T54 with what I thought was an absolutely minimal show of side armour whilst trying to side-scrape on terrain and even had to watch the replay from his POV to see if I was doing anything daft. In short, you can't brawl with it, you have to be that guy who sits there farming whilst your team takes the hits and you have your own sweet time to aim fully.

It's also frustratingly slow/ponderous. I can kinda take that.

I don't understand why the game has to gimp the entire Chinese line so much - I can take being a bit tardy, constant module/crew damage, lack of gun depression but why give them such bad gun handling AND glacial aim-time in addition to that? It's like they want you to give up on the line. Add in the absolutely brutal XP grinds and I'm really questioning why I did the heavy and medium lines.

ushuaia ice #16 Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:57 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16631 battles
  • [BULL4]

View PostOrbtastic1, on 06 July 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

I'm glad to be done with the grind today (and it was a grind). I love the gun but no the aim time, you won't be snapshotting anything in this tank. I thought about swapping rammer out for GLD to join the Vstab but the base reload is just over 10 seconds with the rammer so nah.

You have to fully aim before firing, which has got me killed a good few times i.e. others have got the jump on me.

I also hate heat spamming TVPs/Machines with a passion, zero skill 4 auto aimed blaps and you're gone. I also got repeatedly penned by an AP firing T54 with what I thought was an absolutely minimal show of side armour whilst trying to side-scrape on terrain and even had to watch the replay from his POV to see if I was doing anything daft. In short, you can't brawl with it, you have to be that guy who sits there farming whilst your team takes the hits and you have your own sweet time to aim fully.

It's also frustratingly slow/ponderous. I can kinda take that.

I don't understand why the game has to gimp the entire Chinese line so much - I can take being a bit tardy, constant module/crew damage, lack of gun depression but why give them such bad gun handling AND glacial aim-time in addition to that? It's like they want you to give up on the line. Add in the absolutely brutal XP grinds and I'm really questioning why I did the heavy and medium lines.

Your Spot on the mark with your analysis of this tank,I think the Russian tier tens have the edge on the Chinese.

XGR369er #17 Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39042 battles
I gotta agree.  I have played it a bit more and I am almost done too.  7k away.  I have gotten a feel for the tank now and I ma doing pretty good overall with it but I still find it lacking, especially on dun depression. 2 degrees just makes things painful.  that isn't even enough to stay on target with a small hill.  I find i can do decent in it because i am ok at heavy mediums but as Orb said it just has so many things wrong with it.  It just isn't fun to play in my opinion.  I also am running all the gold equipment and I am finding it doesn't help at all with snapshots.  I still only hit about 1 out of every 10 shots, so I don't even bother most times unless they are infront of me directly.  Still can some how miss a tank sitting still in this tank.  Sad.  As I said I had such great hopes when i first started this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users