What has happened to this game?!?!

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

WrathJ83 #1 Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22679 battles

According to Wn8 I've only won 5 battles out of 22 played since the 12th. 19 out of 47 before that. I have a 52% WR that was increasing, but I can't get past 52.88% before the string of losses begins and I've had nothing and I do mean NOTHING! but complete steamrolls or just plain idiotic people with out a single clue. Wn8 increasing but it seems that every match is unbalanced and don't get me started on the RNG rolls that fail to kill the enemy or send the shells in the dirt at 50 meters or into the upper plate of the enemy who is a one shot to you.

I know stats aren't a big deal, but seeing the long strings of losses really just pisses me off. Especially when there isn't a damn thing you can do to prevent them except turn this broken pile off.

EDIT: just lost another battle. Almost tinfoil hat territory since I have x2 xp bonus for the rest of the month.

cydewaze #2 Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6728 battles
  • [ALSRN]
Lots of people are complaining about this. I had a string of good games this morning, and then all of a sudden things went south. I was driving my Tiger II and I pumped three shots into the broadside of another Tiger II who had like 9 hit points left. Bounced his turret once, and his rear hull twice. Then he turns and punches one through my front armor for something like 350 damage. At the end the reds had lost two or three tanks and totally rolled us. Three more steamrolls and I just switched the thing off. I've got no answers for you, but it's odd when I can pen the side of a T32 with AP at long range, but then bounce the side of the other tank at 50 yards.
Certified Potato! 1 MOE: M6 - T29 - T32 - M103 - Tiger I - Tiger II - E75 - Stug III G

steelheadclan #3 Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15211 battles
  • [REAL]
I had one week a while ago where I was cursed with losing teams but for the most far 55-60% a has been the norm for last few months. 

WrathJ83 #4 Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22679 battles

View Postcydewaze, on 14 January 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

Lots of people are complaining about this. I had a string of good games this morning, and then all of a sudden things went south. I was driving my Tiger II and I pumped three shots into the broadside of another Tiger II who had like 9 hit points left. Bounced his turret once, and his rear hull twice. Then he turns and punches one through my front armor for something like 350 damage. At the end the reds had lost two or three tanks and totally rolled us. Three more steamrolls and I just switched the thing off. I've got no answers for you, but it's odd when I can pen the side of a T32 with AP at long range, but then bounce the side of the other tank at 50 yards.

The game doesn't seem to be following it's own rules. I've been having issues with APCR not penning weak flat armor at close range and leaving many tanks on 50 to 30 or even less and then the next shot bounces and they get away or pen every shot on me. It's ridiculous.

WrathJ83 #5 Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22679 battles

View Poststeelheadclan, on 14 January 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

I had one week a while ago where I was cursed with losing teams but for the most far 55-60% a has been the norm for last few months. 

It shouldn't happen. Multiple complete steamrolls is insane! It doesn't make sense and it's not even the same players each time. I've never had a streak this bad and I've had the game a long time.

Restless_Vermin #6 Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 38682 battles

View PostWrathJ83, on 14 January 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

According to Wn8 I've only won 5 battles out of 22 played since the 12th. 19 out of 47 before that. I have a 52% WR that was increasing, but I can't get past 52.88% before the string of losses begins and I've had nothing and I do mean NOTHING! but complete steamrolls or just plain idiotic people with out a single clue. Wn8 increasing but it seems that every match is unbalanced and don't get me started on the RNG rolls that fail to kill the enemy or send the shells in the dirt at 50 meters or into the upper plate of the enemy who is a one shot to you.

I know stats aren't a big deal, but seeing the long strings of losses really just pisses me off. Especially when there isn't a damn thing you can do to prevent them except turn this broken pile off.

EDIT: just lost another battle. Almost tinfoil hat territory since I have x2 xp bonus for the rest of the month.

I’d love to disagree with (actually I wouldn’t) but I can’t. It’s ridiculous now

Schiavoser #7 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37376 battles
I always want the green team to win. But since that is dependent on having more competent players than the reds (or dumb luck), I eventually shrug when it comes to winning and losing. It's only during Ranked Battles and String Theory that I fret about it. The winrate % personal statistic is meaningless IMO.

DeadeyeCook67 #8 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:06 PM

Private

• Players
  • 30268 battles
  • [GOLDT]

What did the man say to the monkey after he cut his tail off??? ...Won't be long now. 

ThermalStone #9 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32267 battles
  • [80085]
Not another one of these dumb threads.  So your win rate fluctuated over a tiny sample size.  Is that really important enough that you have to tell everyone?  Stop wasting forum space.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

Greywoolfe64 #10 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16505 battles
  • [27PZR]
I tend to ignore WOTinfo nowadays, as my stats were improving nicely until the site decided to completely foul them up stating that 'data was corrected to reflect new tanks added to the game'. Since then, my Win8 has fluctuated more than the pound since Brexit. I've had more than my fair share of RNG moments too- I was facehugging the side of a Tiger P with my 45TP, with the 105mm gun, and every. Shot. Bounced. I got totalled and very nearly rage quit.

"Some say that he dines on lower glacis, and that he once spent three weeks hiding in a thick French bush. All we know is, he's called the Stug!"

Current garage (MOE's marked with star*) -click spoiler.

Spoiler

steelheadclan #11 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15211 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostWrathJ83, on 14 January 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

It shouldn't happen. Multiple complete steamrolls is insane! It doesn't make sense and it's not even the same players each time. I've never had a streak this bad and I've had the game a long time.

I’ve been playing Xbox a bit more lately and I do see more steamroll there for some reason than PS4. 

WrathJ83 #12 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22679 battles

View Poststeelheadclan, on 14 January 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

I’ve been playing Xbox a bit more lately and I do see more steamroll there for some reason than PS4. 

You would think the whole team was a bunch of bots.

Dessel_140 #13 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:23 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7380 battles
  • [-_A_-]

Tbh this game is starting to feel a lot more like luck. Best chance you have is fire as many shots as possible but I’m am sick to death of this RNG saying sorry but the target you are shooting at is not going to die but his auto aim will mess you up. Had it today multiple times one such case was hitting a tier 8 in his lower plate not once, not twice but three time without a pen. Btw I was in a tier 10 with over 250 pen. The Lowe has around 120mm of armour on the lower plate. 

Second time was was in my King Dragon against a Type 59. Get him down to 400 health and then it happens. He pokes out exposing his left side and drive wheel, fire into said drive wheel and nothing..... I lost count how many shots i fired at him but needless to say I ended up being killed and I had almost full health up to this point due to him getting support. If I had killed him on that shot I would easily had time to make my escape. 

I could go go on today but I’m bored of it now lol.

coff33guy #14 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16537 battles

View Postcydewaze, on 14 January 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

I've had the same for about the last month now. Typically a roll of 4-5 steamroll wins followed by 5 consecutive steamroll losses etc. At first I thought I was just tired and should take a break yet I was often still top of the team when we lost. Its just odd its so consistent- much preferred it when games were close in outcome and when there was some variety in outcome.

Some have suggested bots becoming more widespread? Or a big influx of new players? In any case,  I thought it was just me until I heard so many other people on the forum start to mention it.

SpartanFire71 #15 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23814 battles
I had a time where I was really focused on stats.  All the issues with the game became really focused on in my head.   I still have the severe frustrations about the game as my signature says, but I go meh at stats now.  I still want to do excellent, and I still want to meet my expectations.  Many things cause me to curse out loud.  It's just a fine line when focusing on stats that can really cause extreme frustration that takes away from the enjoyment.  

There are still some severe frustrations, but I still love to play.

DrHorrible4Life #16 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:36 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles

If you're gonna continue to play solo, focus on wn8 and do not worry about losing.

If you want to win more, turn green team into yellow team.

Platoon to win, farm damage solo.

That said my platoonmate costs me wins at a startling rate.....

WrathJ83 #17 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22679 battles

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 14 January 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

If you're gonna continue to play solo, focus on wn8 and do not worry about losing.

If you want to win more, turn green team into yellow team.

Platoon to win, farm damage solo.

That said my platoonmate costs me wins at a startling rate.....

You shouldn't be punished for playing with friends. That is stupid and defeats the purpose of having a game with cooperative play.

DrHorrible4Life #18 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles

View PostWrathJ83, on 14 January 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

You shouldn't be punished for playing with friends. That is stupid and defeats the purpose of having a game with cooperative play.

I don't think you understood what I was saying.  You're frustrated that playing well is not producing wins.  I feel you there.  I was suggesting that you try not to focus on wins unless you're platooned, and if you're solo to just keep doing what you do.  

Sorry if I was unclear before.  

OhJeeeze5638 #19 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9496 battles

View PostWrathJ83, on 14 January 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

You would think the whole team was a bunch of bots.

^^ This!

I saw something while playing this weekend that convinced me they use bots in Multi-player.  I was dead on a street next to another tank that was alive still.  He gets blown up and immediately there are 6-7 red tanks swarming his tank, ramming their noses against his hull, like petals on a flower.  NO group of real people would have done this.

WrathJ83 #20 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22679 battles

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 14 January 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

I don't think you understood what I was saying.  You're frustrated that playing well is not producing wins.  I feel you there.  I was suggesting that you try not to focus on wins unless you're platooned, and if you're solo to just keep doing what you do.  

Sorry if I was unclear before.  

Okay.

I was giving myself a goal to try and get to 53% WR, but that is out of my hands. I've been to 52.93% and then the losses rain in.  Even platooning you can only do so much and if the whole team is nearly dead before 2 minutes in there is almost no way to make the best of a bad situation. Last three days it's taken nearly ten battles just to get the x2 on the AMX 65 t and the gun wouldn't pen anything even though that 100 mil has 231 mils of pen. APCR was failing to pen as well. The game has become broken somehow.

EDIT: this is tier 6 and up too. Tier 10 players seem to be the worst. I swear they are just buying their way up the lines now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users