What has happened to this game?!?!

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Killer Mosquito #41 Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11327 battles
Yep between ridiculous matchmaking, bad team mates and RNG, this game is a complete joke.

cydewaze #42 Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:11 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6736 battles
  • [ALSRN]

I just about spiked my controller on the coffee table last night it was so bad.

So, I've re-instituted a few rules I used to hold myself to:

1) After 3 bad games in a row, I stop and do something else.

2) If I have a really fantastic game, I choose that as my stopping point. I feel a lot better going back to the game later (or the next day) if I went out on a high note.

3) No playing right before bed. Nothing is worse than going to bed pissed off and trying to sleep.

Hopefully this'll keep me from having an embolism.

Certified Potato! 1 MOE: M6 - T29 - T32 - M103 - Tiger I - Tiger II - E75 - Stug III G

cydewaze #43 Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6736 battles
  • [ALSRN]

And I had to honor my new rule tonight. I was looking forward to playing after work because I'm only 8k xp away from the IS-3. But it's not going to happen tonight. Every game in the IS looked pretty much like this:

Posted Image

Between 125 and 200 damage each game. I think I'll go watch the cooking channel. The gf is making chicken pot pie tonight (from scratch) so that's something to look forward to.

Certified Potato! 1 MOE: M6 - T29 - T32 - M103 - Tiger I - Tiger II - E75 - Stug III G

test777777 #44 Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11108 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

Numbers boost - relates to two things that I can immediately see. Summer school Holidays in the south and lots of XBOX and PS4 received as XMAS Pressies. 

I know your pain. WoTC is very good at painting an illusion of control by allowing environments where players can and do achieve very well.

Add to that the illusion that WR% and WN8 values are closely aligned in practice and one might become disillusioned when results don't match.

The theory suggests that given the law of averages if one is achieving personal  above average WN8 and not stat padding that, their WR% should also reflect above average performance but there's simply too many variables and how well you might achieve in a particular vehicle relative to others in that particular vehicle is not entirely relevant to how well that vehicle is able to influence the outcomes of any battles you find yourself in.. 1500 damage in a tier V may well be purple but it's not going to influence the outcome of a tier VII battle to a great extent relative to potentially more iinfluencial vehicles. That damage at top tier though when the battle is made up of mostly tier IIIs is a completely different story.

I'm not a great player but I've at least a few tanks that have more than 150 battles and more than 1100 WN8 - that's supposed to be above average performance - Every one has a W/R% of less than 47%. One even has less than 43%  On the other hand, I have tanks with more than 100 battles with average or below average WN8 and WR above 52%. My KV5 has 200 battles and has a WR of over 56% and is barely light green on the WN8 scale. 

As much as we'd like to think otherwise, our performance as non purply individuals doesn't translate into higher WR. We all have experiences of winning even when we've been taken out of the battle early while losing after putting up purple numbers. 

I had a similar experience to you in relation to Wins and losses and other outcomes. I  produced more variable results probably and a higher number of lower ones.. Interestingly, both you and I seemed to do OK in the Absolution yesterday and had positive W/L ratio.   

The most disappointing outcome was me going for a sniper medal - i'd been so close on so many occasions and this battle in my Absolution I was at tier VII and I fired 27 shots, 24 hit their mark - well and truly meeting the needed 85%. In the course of that battle,   I messed up a tiger P pretty bad imainly because I knocked out it's gun, turret and ammo rack and the player didn't have repair kits plus RNG was allowing me to pen it from the front with standard shells. I  and ended up doing something like 1200 damage to it before it blew me away. I was quite chuffed with how that tussle turned out even if my tank was dead and at the end of it. I ended up 2nd  top Damage dealer on my team but top XP earner.. Anyway, I didn't get a sniper medal which was really disappointing.  in going through to post battle results, only one other tank fired more than 10 shots, one tank fired 11 shots and landed 10 of them.  Yep - that bloody tiger P with a higher hit ratio.. I'd out performed it in almost every other way from damage dealt to XP, was lower tier, had fired off more shots, done more damage and had hit 88% of my targets.  

Earlier and prior to needing a sniper medal, I thought i'd start going for a 2nd MOE on my OI-EXP, first battle was a wonderful, to the wire loss, I was middle tier - did 1755 damage, was last to die against a tier VI Churchill Type VII  which was all that was left on the reds.  I managed to take almost 500 health off it before It took me out, the next bunch of battles were woeful. I think I lost a few % on my MOE attempt and it's now around 75% and was just decimated before I could even get into the fight. 

It may be placebo and probably is  but when grinding stock tanks for XP, I find I typically get the X2 in battles where I literally do nothing while do above average or average in the other 3 or so losing battles prior. The winning battles can be any tier , so can the losing battles where I do well.

Playing it safe

T00_Late_Checkm8 #45 Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20373 battles
  • [CCNL]

Way too many threads like this for it to simply be tinfoilhattery.

Rng might be equally distributed (by that i mean its the same for everyone) but there IS something up with this game that causes these issues like the one op is having.

Again: i see way too many threads like this and tbf i experience it myself some days.

3 MOE: IS-6 - Aufkl Panther - Tiger 131 - Jackson - Pz.V/IV. 

coff33guy #46 Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:59 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16736 battles

View Postcydewaze, on 16 January 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

I just about spiked my controller on the coffee table last night it was so bad.

So, I've re-instituted a few rules I used to hold myself to:

1) After 3 bad games in a row, I stop and do something else.

2) If I have a really fantastic game, I choose that as my stopping point. I feel a lot better going back to the game later (or the next day) if I went out on a high note.

3) No playing right before bed. Nothing is worse than going to bed pissed off and trying to sleep.

Hopefully this'll keep me from having an embolism.

Think I might have to adopt some of these rules  Not sure what's happened but for about the last month this game has been much less fun. Either a winning streak or losing streak, but either way, the games are steamrollers- can't seem to get those tense, ultra close drawn out games I used to enjoy.

Afro Palestine #47 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 56821 battles
  • [HKC]

View PostWrathJ83, on 14 January 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

According to Wn8 I've only won 5 battles out of 22 played since the 12th. 19 out of 47 before that. I have a 52% WR that was increasing, but I can't get past 52.88% before the string of losses begins and I've had nothing and I do mean NOTHING! but complete steamrolls or just plain idiotic people with out a single clue. Wn8 increasing but it seems that every match is unbalanced and don't get me started on the RNG rolls that fail to kill the enemy or send the shells in the dirt at 50 meters or into the upper plate of the enemy who is a one shot to you.

I know stats aren't a big deal, but seeing the long strings of losses really just pisses me off. Especially when there isn't a damn thing you can do to prevent them except turn this broken pile off.

EDIT: just lost another battle. Almost tinfoil hat territory since I have x2 xp bonus for the rest of the month.

I've never cared about WR, but in such a meta, why would anyone place value on winning or losing?

Asmodeios #48 Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 42203 battles
I'm tired of shooting tanks in either the turret or lower plate and somehow doing track damage.

Or the black hole in front of tanks swallowing the shot.

DA Derpington #49 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:05 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8811 battles
  • [CNUT]

View Postcydewaze, on 16 January 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

And I had to honor my new rule tonight. I was looking forward to playing after work because I'm only 8k xp away from the IS-3. But it's not going to happen tonight. Every game in the IS looked pretty much like this

Between 125 and 200 damage each game. I think I'll go watch the cooking channel. The gf is making chicken pot pie tonight (from scratch) so that's something to look forward to.

Bottome tier in a tier 7? Colour me surprised there lol... I think once you have your first tier 10 vehicle and can pop back to it regularly, you feel better for it. I know I did, as it meant I was always at least against something equal to me (unless it's a waffletractor or deathstar, then I hide behind teammates and let them take the hits lol). 

Just a word of warning if you head for the IS-7, it's good, but needs careful placement to be uber effective in game.

Killer Mosquito #50 Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:40 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11327 battles

View PostAfro Palestine, on 18 January 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

I've never cared about WR, but in such a meta, why would anyone place value on winning or losing?

If you're not playing to win then why play at all?  I clearly wouldn't want you on my team if you don't value winning.  This is the attitude you get when everyone is handed a participation trophy...

XEboi #51 Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 23113 battles
Somethings deffo been up lately it's getting stupid now

I know asoon as I take the first shot of the game weather it's going to be a win or not

Afro Palestine #52 Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:54 AM

Major

• Players
  • 56821 battles
  • [HKC]

View PostKiller Mosquito, on 26 January 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

If you're not playing to win then why play at all? 

Who said I didn't play to win?   There are of course many reasons to play.   I play for the enjoyment of it, primarily. 

I clearly wouldn't want you on my team if you don't value winning. 

Who said I didn't value winning?  And you have no choice of teammates... one of the reasons WR is not important.

This is the attitude you get when everyone is handed a participation trophy...

In this context this statement is meaningless.

Afro Palestine #53 Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 56821 battles
  • [HKC]

View PostXEboi, on 26 January 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

I know asoon as I take the first shot of the game weather it's going to be a win or not

...what?

XEboi #54 Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23113 battles

View PostAfro Palestine, on 26 January 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

...what?

if my first shot hits & pens we will win if it bounces or missed then it's a defeat 

KanderisBAE #55 Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29512 battles

View PostWrathJ83, on 14 January 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

The game doesn't seem to be following it's own rules. I've been having issues with APCR not penning weak flat armor at close range and leaving many tanks on 50 to 30 or even less and then the next shot bounces and they get away or pen every shot on me. It's ridiculous.

was playing tiger 1 the other day, and a t50-2 sat side on to me, yes just sat their ,shot him twice  in the  side reticle fully aimed and i got nothing no damage   nothing 

xXlAmbitionzlXx #56 Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23996 battles

If you're not playing to win then why play at all?  I clearly wouldn't want you on my team if you don't value winning.  This is the attitude you get when everyone is handed a participation trophy...

I play to farm my WN8 because im a shitlord Statpadding unicum with no skill. Who needs winrate, wn8 is all that counts  

TocFanKe4 #57 Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21000 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostxXlAmbitionzlXx, on 26 January 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

I play to farm my WN8 because im a shitlord Statpadding unicum with no skill. Who needs winrate, wn8 is all that counts  

:D

The E25 was built for Shenanigans

Afro Palestine #58 Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 56821 battles
  • [HKC]

View PostXEboi, on 26 January 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

if my first shot hits & pens we will win if it bounces or missed then it's a defeat 

So your win or loss depends solely on the game, and not you?

The Whammer 76 #59 Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16360 battles
I have just been playing for the XP and the silver and as much damage as I can do. Only time the seemingly overwhelming loss to win ratio gets to me is when I need wins for daily doubles, ops, or wanting the most out of a boost I have activated.
:playing:

Killer Mosquito #60 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:23 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11327 battles

View PostAfro Palestine, on 26 January 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

So your win or loss depends solely on the game, and not you?

This is the dumbest comment ever, because anyone who has played this game knows you can literally play your [edited]off in a game and due to the games ridiculous matchmaking there is nothing you can do to win that match alone or with a decent team.  There are times when I can predict before the match starts if my team is going to lose due to the craptastic matchmaking.  Another WG apologist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users