This Game is Dying

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

The1970Hooper #61 Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9664 battles

Dead? First I've heard of it, thanks for the heads-up. Uninstall incoming.

I look forward to these threads op. +1.

Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.” 
― Frank Herbert, Dune

Kaizer Billy #62 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8584 battles
  • [CNUT]
I would pay thousands of £ just to hear Mia Khalifa fart through a walkie talkie.

1st MoE's: Obj 430 II ~ Type 59 (RIP) ~ AMX 13 75 ~ M6 ~ T29 ~ Pz.IV H ~ Tiger II ~ E75 ~ AT7 ~ Lycan ~Pz. V/IV ~ T37 ~ M41 Bulldog ~ IS ~ Batchat AP ~ Knight

2nd MoE's: Pz IV H

Derp tanks are love, Derp tanks are life

N333DL3 #63 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40081 battles

View PostKaizer Billy, on 15 January 2019 - 05:03 AM, said:

Oh poor sweet N333DL3 your threads are like nails on a chalkboard :teethhappy:. What's the matter? Have you ran out of inspiration for your poorly thought out Arty bait threads? :harp:.

I'm not sure why you have to get all butt hurt over my posts, its nothing personal.  You can always ignore them, I certainly ignore yours.  Mostly because I don't value your opinion much, or rather, have any interest in them.  

Kaizer Billy #64 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8584 battles
  • [CNUT]

View PostN333DL3, on 15 January 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

I certainly ignore yours.

Can you spot the irony here?

I just want you to be positive for once instead of all the negativity you try to spread, you always have such dull bait threads. I'm not butt hurt like you desperately want everyone to be, sorry.

1st MoE's: Obj 430 II ~ Type 59 (RIP) ~ AMX 13 75 ~ M6 ~ T29 ~ Pz.IV H ~ Tiger II ~ E75 ~ AT7 ~ Lycan ~Pz. V/IV ~ T37 ~ M41 Bulldog ~ IS ~ Batchat AP ~ Knight

2nd MoE's: Pz IV H

Derp tanks are love, Derp tanks are life

N333DL3 #65 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40081 battles

View PostKaizer Billy, on 15 January 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Can you spot the irony here?

I just want you to be positive for once instead of all the negativity you try to spread, you always have such dull bait threads. I'm not butt hurt like you desperately want everyone to be, sorry.

Yes I can see the irony.  I thought I would respond just this once because I don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt.  Makes me feel bad when peoples feelings are hurt, because I have empathy.   Besides, alot of people liked the thread.  Also, I get alot of encouraging email from people because they don't want to be arty proponents on these boards because of the vitriol.  

BrettSterlingH #66 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 58783 battles
  • [OM]

View PostFATAL ASSERTION, on 15 January 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

Speaking of this game being on the decline of sorts, whether actual, or merely perceived, I took a look at Paingod's blog, and noticed that the last post was waaaay back in October.

Of...2017.

Does he still work there?

P.S. I think I've played about 3 or 4 dozen matches since then tops, and that's probably being really generous. Don't take that as a "Pain was my dawg!" comment, nothing against the dude. I just was pointing out that I am not a good barometer for how well the game is doing.

P.P.S. Someone informed me that he's still there.

I agree the problem is exacerbated by late site updates, infrequent contact from the devs, no new maps (only reskins), missing PC content, etc.
And the damn repair wheel! When will they get on that?
How much do the devs get paid, again?

TheOnlyTrueNoob #67 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18305 battles
  • [KAPPA]

View PostBrettSterlingH, on 15 January 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

And the damn repair wheel! When will they get on that?

Seeing as Max blamed the players for the wheel not working, I doubt they’ll work on it at all.

3 Marked Tanks

BrettSterlingH #68 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 58783 battles
  • [OM]

View PostN333DL3, on 14 January 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

I think when I joined this forum about 5 years ago, probably the first thread I saw was 'This Game is Dying' or something along those lines.  Since then, I've had nothing but continued enjoyment playing the game.  WOT has made numerous upgrades, included new tanks, new maps, updated the physics, etc.  One that players asked for that we got was the detection circle along with azimuth of aim.   The wait time for games is reasonable, and the match making is about as close to even as is needed.  Fabulous work.

I think what people really mean when they claim the game is dying, is they are miffed that something didn't go their way.  Then came to the boards hyperventilating with an oblique threat of quitting hoping to get their way.

You have a great point. Maybe people who stopped actually playing, and now just lurk on the forums, are being disingenuous when they say things like "I really actually care about the game that's why I come here and complain." 
Only those who actually still play the game, even if only 5 games a week, should be trusted when they talk like this. 

On top of that, threads like this actually CAUSE people to uninstall the game, considering they have 3-5 other games they enjoy playing, and they're being told by "professionals" on the forum that the game will be dead within a year. Paranoid cynical stuff like that has been touted by trolls on the forums for YEARS. FOR NEARLY 5 YEARS. That's a long time, and yet they've never been right. They HAVE worsened the player-base by making skiddish players uninstall. Good job, heroes. *sarcasm*

It's called a self fulfilling prophecy. Google it.

View PostKaizer Billy, on 15 January 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

Oh poor sweet N333DL3 your threads are like nails on a chalkboard :teethhappy:. What's the matter? Have you ran out of inspiration for your poorly thought out Arty bait threads? :harp:.

Bruh... you don't even have 10k games played, and how long have you been around?

Thee Turtle God #69 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43091 battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users