I apparently forgot how to play WOT

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

RapidFoal799301 #1 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20259 battles

I recently just got my wn8 over 1600. I was really reckless for my first year or so and was slow to pick up on the basics, like utilizing cover,  angling my tank's armor, not yolo'ing in the first minute of the game, etc.  I started  watching my stats slowly improve over the last 6 months.  I was somewhere around a wn8 of 1200 when I first checked them. I'm still an aggressive player and I don't hide in the back to pad my stats,  I play for the team to win.  My monthly average wn8 has between 2000 and 2200.  But for whatever reason, after I broke 1600, about 3 days or so ago,  my wn8 has been 1400 for the last 130 games. and it's been a struggle to even achieve that.  I've been working on the big top mercenary contract and I'm about to start the second to the last stage. It's mostly earning xp at this point in the contract, and I want to put on my tin foil hat and say my stats are low because WarGaming wants it to be harder for me to earn xp and win a free tank?  The stats on my "regular" tanks have suffered but not as bad as the stats in the tanks that are required for the stages of the contract.  I have less than 14 days to complete the last two stages, so I don't have a lot of time left.  I great idea would be to not play the tanks that are dragging my stats down, but ibdont have that option.  I guess what I'm asking is " does anyone else have bad luck streaks that seem like no matter what you so, you can't have any good games?" And how long do these bas streaks last? Mine is currently at 130+ battles, which is almost a week worth of playing.  

P.S.  if anyone at WarGaming is reading this, please remove the algorithm someone put on my account thats causing this bad streak.  Thanks in advance

officially coined the phrase "Mentor Denier"

R35T NO MORE #2 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15748 battles
  • [BNKR-]
No algorithm. Yes, people have bad streaks. I've got a section on my WN8 tracker thing with over a 100 battles at blue, which is bad for me. Can be due to alot of reasons. 

steelheadclan #3 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15062 battles
  • [REAL]

Meh 

as I improved as a player I had plenty of downward trends followed by another upswing. 

Its the natural cycle of learning. 

DrHorrible4Life #4 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 14 January 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

No algorithm. Yes, people have bad streaks. I've got a section on my WN8 tracker thing with over a 100 battles at blue, which is bad for me. Can be due to alot of reasons. 

Honestly thanks for sharing that experience.  It helps to know these things happen to the more skilled players, too.  

Jope2209 #5 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31984 battles

It would be nice if someone could remove the alghorithm, but I'm afraid that it's just RNG in MM and potato distribution between teams which decides your WR. Last week I was pausing from tanks, had a week of skiing and today I've played 32 games and to be honest I'm quite satisfied with my performance. WN8 is over 2700, EF is over 1800, but my WR is garbage at 46.88%.

But still I don't think there is an algorithm or hidden script of any kind behind this...or is it?

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #6 Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 49797 battles
  • [BNKR]
I run dark blue almost every single day of tanking...my last seven days I’ve had 4 green days, 1 dark blue, 1 purple, and 1 dark purple. Crap happens. 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users